Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:09 am   Last edited by Rekikyo on Apr 26, 2011 12:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Let's have a player poll - Legend Gear 30 pvp

AP or not to AP?
In light of my other thread about player clarity about what they want, let's have a player poll.

Now, you all know dread orange statted 30 pvp gear has been released in a tier event for AP.

So Let's get this poll rolling, and to make it easy on you, I'm going to provide the options.

A) Yes to AP Based Legend Gear (30)

B) No to AP Based Legend Gear (30)

C) Only Yes if in a Monthly Tier Event (no mini tiers)

D) Only Yes if in the Item Mall or Mini Tier

E) Only Yes if a Mystery Box, Loot Forge, or Loot Wheel

NOTE: Just because your viewpoint is not listed here, don't be afraid to voice about the options given. I didnt include in game drop arguments for a reason. This is simply a poll to see how from a business perspective, the company could go about making players happy, be it not releasing, or releasing via AP.
Advertisement

TassadarMajere

Rank 4
TassadarMajere
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:20 am   Last edited by TassadarMajere on Apr 26, 2011 11:24 am. Edited 1 time in total
No support. Legendary gears will overpower and kill the zone even more than what is currently available.

At the current moment. people with Legendary gears and dreads, can 2 hit practicely anyone. There are 2 archers that can kill anything even full REC gaurds without breaking a sweat.

Now if you have 5 of these archers/hunter. This will kill canta completely.

I should note that any archer than can do 3K on a neutral ele2 can 1 shot anyone using 2 skills.

Gods.Child

Rank 3
Gods.Child
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:23 am
I don’t like those choices….

1st choice: Boss drop from a boss at a random spawn (random spawn time and location) in the 20-30 pvp zone.

2nd choice: AP in mini tier or normal tier

3rd choice: rare drop from mobs in the 20-30 zone

Absolutely will not support:
A: drop from an “instanced” boss
B: drop from a faction specific boss
C: drop from a boss that can be accessed by those higher than level 30
D: AP through any “gamble” method, such as mystery boxes, loot forge, loot wheel, raffle, etc.

But one way or another they MUST be released. The zones are dead due to lack of competition against those that already have these gears. (see post above) Rolling Eyes

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:28 am
Gods.Child wrote:
I don’t like those choices….

1st choice: Boss drop from a boss at a random spawn (random spawn time and location) in the 20-30 pvp zone.

2nd choice: AP in mini tier or normal tier

3rd choice: rare drop from mobs in the 20-30 zone

Absolutely will not support:
A: drop from an “instanced” boss
B: drop from a faction specific boss
C: drop from a boss that can be accessed by those higher than level 30
D: AP through any “gamble” method, such as mystery boxes, loot forge, loot wheel, raffle, etc.

But one way or another they MUST be released. The zones are dead due to lack of competition against those that already have these gears. (see post above) Rolling Eyes  

I'll be adressing in game drop later bro ..... this is just in regards to AP vs no AP.

theworm13

Rank 1
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:40 am
I would say D.

Reason. First of all, I think they should drop in game at a much higher rate...but that is to be left till later.

I personally believe that once AGE "opened the box" of allowing the UIP promo, then they allowed these items in the game. Now that this has passed, there is no option for people who did not play during that promo (or who just were not lucky enough) to get these items. Yep...they are rare, but EVERY player in a game should have an opportunity to do every aspect of that game. Even if uber rare.

Right now getting these items is not available to every player. So new players unless they are lucky enough or rich enough to buy someone else's gear (and at a cost of $1000+ usd per item that is not likely) then they can't compete. 31-70 is better since you CAN get the items...

Remember, the link and enchant really makes them uber...but rare + link + enchant makes it unbalanced.

Personally...I think UIPS should drop in the game. Promos like the easter bunny event should have dropped them, raffles in game, etc. And they should ALWAYS be avail, doing another stupid one time promo will just continue the problem. Fix it and lets get on with things.

ElizaReis

Rank 1
ElizaReis
PostedApr 26, 2011 1:13 pm
B) No to AP Based Legend Gear (30)

It is just because I agree with it :

TassadarMajere wrote:
No support. Legendary gears will overpower and kill the zone even more than what is currently available.  

And this the reason that's why I don't play at PVP 30 zone. Too much uber and I can't kill there as much as I kill in 15 pvp.

*out of this thread*

Rekikyo, sorry to use your space to talk about it, but just my opinion: I play in PVP 15 zone and I am really against Worships and Dreads gear/weapon. In proportion, we could say it is the same as having legendary in 30 pvp zone. Overpowering low zones, ppl are forced to run from them and as a result we have both dead pvp areas.

And by the way, I like your manner to "take care of" the community in our WWWs (Wants, Wishes and Worries) Laughing . No more comments about it or I will take longer, but GZ and TY for your work.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedApr 26, 2011 1:21 pm
B.

I don't want to see more of these gears in 20-30 at all. Let the handful of ubers keep their gear and keep their status. We don't need more of that gear in 20-30.

Legend weapons - sure. I wouldn't mind seeing these as a gamble option (E). Never in a direct buy, mini tiered, or monthly tiered though. They should never be made too available. The good thing about mystery boxes is that they can also be used as a gold sink item.

esamgha

Rank 1
PostedApr 26, 2011 2:09 pm
Avyn wrote:
B.

I don't want to see more of these gears in 20-30 at all. Let the handful of ubers keep their gear and keep their status. We don't need more of that gear in 20-30.

Legend weapons - sure. I wouldn't mind seeing these as a gamble option (E). Never in a direct buy, mini tiered, or monthly tiered though. They should never be made too available. The good thing about mystery boxes is that they can also be used as a gold sink item.  

Wow, it's crazy how similar I think like this guy sometimes.

Of the choices offered, I also chose B.

E might be okay as long the chances are really, really small. I think having an in-game raffle one a month or two and releasing only 1 Canta legend per month (not one per server, but 1 piece for all 4 servers) might be a good idea. Even better is to hook in my pet idea of having all PvP mobs (in Canta, in this case) drop raffle tickets that can be turned in for a chance to win the Canta legend gear. This way even newbies with very little gold can farm Canta mobs for raffle tickets and increase traffic to that PvP zone.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 26, 2011 2:25 pm
in referring to my 1st post in the PvP thread, i vote for B

B

signature of xybolt

draven99

Rank 4
draven99
PostedApr 26, 2011 2:28 pm
B.

AP buyers would clearly have the advantage, and I highly doubt people would be buying these items with AP for the purpose of selling them in game, I know if I bought legend 30 gears with AP I'd be keeping it to myself for Canta toon(s).

Permanently retired from Shaiya as of 08/2012.