Doorsmasher

Rank 0
Doorsmasher
PostedMar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

RE: Moving from FFXI to here...

I have a few friends that may make a move to here @ Aeria Games, on account that NA ppl are unable to connect to FFXI. Now I humbly understand that our Japanese neighbours across the pond ( Pacific Ocean) and I was curious about Aeria's servers, are they European or Japanese as well...Only reason I ask is because, why start a new game up, if the servers will be crashing and going up and down. I totaly understand and feel for what is going on in the world, but for most of us who are either UK, or NA ( Canada & USA), we feel that with servers going down, the lack of not being able to play our game( currently being FFXI) some are getting bored and want to try something else, and test some new waters.

My concern, mainly is server whereabouts.. IF Aeriagames.com servers arelocated in Japan. then is anyoen playing on them atm, or how are they up?

Just looking for some answers.

Please email me at Mod Edit: Removed email, as I do not know If I'll be reading this at this site or not. Some info would be nice.
Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 16, 2011 1:31 am
The servers are relatively stable and go down for a couple of hours each week for regular scheduled maintenance (exact time varies from game to game).

They are physically located in Montreal, Canada.

The only server that might experience an issue similar to that of FFXI would be Dynasty Warriors Online, due to it requiring contact with an authentication server based in Japan (done with all other localizations of DWO in order to prevent piracy and private servers). To my knowledge, no other games on Aeria have such contact with an overseas server.

The forums are used more by players than administration and this post may not even be looked at by a GM or superior staff member. I wouldn't count on a regular user emailing you information (except maybe on cheap watches or male enhancements), but you should get an email notice for topic reply Wink

Doorsmasher

Rank 0
Doorsmasher
PostedMar 16, 2011 1:47 am
Avyn wrote:
The servers are relatively stable and go down for a couple of hours each week for regular scheduled maintenance (exact time varies from game to game).

They are physically located in Montreal, Canada.

The only server that might experience an issue similar to that of FFXI would be Dynasty Warriors Online, due to it requiring contact with an authentication server based in Japan (done with all other localizations of DWO in order to prevent piracy and private servers). To my knowledge, no other games on Aeria have such contact with an overseas server.

The forums are used more by players than administration and this post may not even be looked at by a GM or superior staff member. I wouldn't count on a regular user emailing you information (except maybe on cheap watches or male enhancements), but you should get an email notice for topic reply Wink  

Avyn...

What game, out of Last Chaos or Shaiya, would you reccamend? If I may, what game do you play in now? I have 1 friend in Canada, who atm is plays FFXI with me, and just bought RIFT, and I told him about Aeria games... and one friend in NYC, US. and I just wanted some input... looking for Quest oriented , skill oriented, something remotely close to FFXI, that you can skill in, learn magic in, and maybe do Events, or Player vs monster or
P vs P type. Can you help me decide?

Thanks.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMar 16, 2011 2:30 am
Shaiya and Last Chaos are both Korean grinders. They have relatively few quests and the last few levels have been known to drive people to madness Razz Also, due to both being a few years old, the servers have a large number of veteran players and the economy has shown signs of aging. It would be difficult for new players to get established.

Shaiya is more PvP orientated and Last Chaos more PvE orientated. Both contain regular events (usually a couple per week).

My suggestion would be to wait for Lime Odyssey or Eden Eternal, which are coming soon. I believe beta sign ups have started for both. They seem to be more quest orientated, with a balance of PvE and PvP activities.