ErebusMors

Rank 0
ErebusMors
PostedJan 27, 2011 12:29 am   Last edited by ErebusMors on Feb 03, 2011 7:24 pm. Edited 4 times in total

Race and Unit Guide

This is obviously a work in progress, but I would like to get the stats for each unit in each race published before the game goes out of beta. To that end if people can send me the stats for undead and human units I'll edit my post to add them in as well.

Thanks and enjoy!

Edit: It seems that the unit stats and costs are the same for Elf and Undead races, so I can only assume its the same for Human as well... which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of this thread, but now we know and hopefully the devs will change it up in the future.

Race Bonuses:
  • Elves: +5% Agility
  • Undead: +5% Vitality
  • Humans: +5% Attack

Interpretation of stats:
This is of course just my interpretation from observations I have made, if anyone else has a more convincing argument then I'll gladly edit to include it. Some are of course trivial, while others are conjecture at this point.
Attack -- the damage the unit does
Defense -- the defense the unit has
Vitality -- the amount of hp the unit has
(So to kill another unit, your unit's attack needs to be higher than their def + vitality.)
Hit -- chance of hitting the target, also may relate to combos (hitting twice in a row)
Agility -- determines turn order for units, may also relate to chance of dodging/countering
Speed -- the number of spaces the unit may move per turn

Ranged vs. Melee Units
There are two main types of units in game, melee and ranged. Ranged units (Archer and Mage types) have an obvious advantage since they will have at least 2 attack turns before any Melee unit (Ranger and ?) is close enough to attack. This is balanced somewhat by their relatively high cost and low defense/vitality. However it is also interesting to note that ranged units seem to do more damage as the enemy gets closer, until they are at melee distance at which point the damage done drops significantly.

Thanks to ArtyD42 and Soralanon for sending me Undead unit stats and pointing out my cost typo. And to Gamenot for the Green Dragon stats.
Unfortunately I only made it to level 42 by the end of beta, so this is all the info I have available. Now we just wait and see what if anything changes when the game launches.
Advertisement

ArtyD42

Rank 4
ArtyD42
PostedJan 27, 2011 8:20 pm
Undead:

Skeleton
Type: Infantry
Population: 1
Attack: 115
Defense: 175
Vitality: 250
Agility: 90
Hit: 180
Speed: 3
Cost
Lumber: 2
Stone: 2
Iron: 8
Coin: 8

Appears not everything is the same in costs, but otherwise is similar in stats. Please Check your Dwarf Soldier costs again?
Skeleton Archers are 14/4/6/16, otherwise same base stats as a hunter. Type is Archer.
Black Knights are same stats as Unicorns. Type is Ranger.

Soralanon

Rank 0
Soralanon
PostedJan 27, 2011 8:22 pm
I havent been able to test every unit out of course, have only made it as far as you so far as well as Undead, but so far the Stats on every unit for the different races have been exactly the same. The costs however seem to vary a bit, heres my undead costs.

Skeleton: 2 Stone - 8 Iron - 8 Coin - 2 Lumber - Infantry Type
Skeleton Archer: 4 Stone - 6 Iron - 16 Coin - 14 Lumber - Archer Type
Black Knight: 5 Stone - 18 Iron - 20 Coin - 7 Lumber - Ranger Type
Undead Mage: 9 Stone - 9 Iron - 36 Coin - 36 Lumber - Mage Type

And again all the stats have matched exactly as other races, though i didnt look at humans stats but id assume they do since undead and elves do.

Gamenot

Rank 3
Gamenot
PostedJan 27, 2011 10:34 pm
Green Dragon:
Type: Fly
Population: 3
Attack: 320
Defense: 245
Vitality: 530
Agility: 150
Hit: 240
Speed: 6
Cost
Lumber: 10
Stone: 30
Iron: 20
Coin: 40

Life is like being eternally in debt waiting for the final court date. We are entitled to nothing.

ArtyD42

Rank 4
ArtyD42
PostedJan 31, 2011 8:31 pm
Skeleton Warriors (Teir 2)
Type: Infantry
Population: 1
Attack: 175
Defense: 270
Vitality: 375
Agility: 135
Hit: 270
Speed: 3

Cost
Lumber: 4
Stone: 4
Iron: 16
Coin: 16

Doubt I'll get to elite archers before wednesday as it requires 4 more levels!