Zekiirah

Rank 4
Zekiirah
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:22 pm
fuNkt1on wrote:
True you just have to send in a ticket to AGE prior to doing it and inform them of accounts involved in the sharing.  

I quote the ToS:

ToS, 3. Account wrote:

You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Website and our games. Accounts are available only to individuals 13 years of age or older. If you are over 13 years of age but are still considered a minor, we ask that you review these terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they understand them and agree to them. By accepting the terms of use in the Agreement, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account.  

Advertisement

aceouses

Rank 1
aceouses
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:25 pm
fuNkt1on wrote:

True you just have to send in a ticket to AGE prior to doing it and inform them of accounts involved in the sharing.  

It's alright for multiple people in a household to have an account to each their own, which could possibly be misinterpreted as account sharing due to IP addresses. But this shouldn't matter as long as the account registered to John Doe is played by only John, the account registered to Jane Doe is played only by Jane and the account registered to Bob Doe is played only by Bob. John allowing his sister Jane to play his account is illegal, however it is okay for John, Jane and Bob to all have their own but different accounts under the same house hold.

I hope that came across as clear and not rambly. Smile

magicalshorts

Rank 2
magicalshorts
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Re: Issues and Concerns for Shaiyans :)

AP and banning
forumweasel wrote:
It doesnt work well as a gold sink because the people that have the most gold dont care and those of us with little cant really afford to lose the gold we lose because of it. It makes it harder on those that have little and doesnt really affect those that have a lot. This makes the game even more biased than it already is.  

If you are poor, you will barely ever have to worry about the 4bil cap. You will not have that much money.

If you reach the 4bil cap as a poor person, you are either saving for something that costs more than 4bil, or you are saving money for no real purpose.

I can't imagine very many cases where a poor person would find it necessary to buy something above 4bil. As an endgame pvper, I never had to buy anything over 4bil except 30 day contis. I can't imagine why a little guy would have to spend more than 4bil at a time so often that they would lose significant amounts of money.

If you run into the 4bil cap because you are saving money for no real purpose, just buy and sell smarter. Don't sell drops you get right away. Keep some stored until you buy rec runes, or lapisia, or a weapon, or whatever other items you need to improve your character. Then sell off more items when you run low on gold.

The gold bar prices won't hurt you as a poor person unless you let the prices hurt you. If you don't buy and sell impulsively, the 4bil cap is almost never an issue. It really is an incredibly, incredibly easy problem to avoid unless you are aiming to become a great endgame pvper or one of the best in 1-15 or 20-30.

LadyXX

Rank 3
LadyXX
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

AP and banning
forumweasel wrote:

1st: Why is it bannable to plvl yourself? I mean really? If you have more than one account and more than one computer then why not? I'd think that Aeria Games would be happy that many accounts are being used because it would mean people are buying more AP.  

Because they said so and its their game to run as they choose
--translation - it is faster to plv yourself than to party and level up and therefore you use more PID, xp stones, PED and charms (bdc, rpc, wtc) and they make more money

forumweasel wrote:

2nd: Account sharing... why oh why is this bannable? Especially in instances where a family member or someone in the same household is on your account. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If i want to take the chance on giving someone else my account information then i think thats the risk i should be able to take. If someone steals my gear or items then its my fault.  

---translation - because you have 2 accounts now you use more PID, xp stones, PED and charms (bdc, rpc, wtc) and they make more money because you and the other family member will play them together or at the same time.

forumweasel wrote:

3rd: Whats the deal with this gold bar tax? We have a limit on how much gold we can carry but we have to pay to get gold bars? Thats just not right. Can the limit on how much we can carry be raised? or can we get rid of that tax please? It doesnt work well as a gold sink because the people that have the most gold dont care and those of us with little cant really afford to lose the gold we lose because of it. It makes it harder on those that have little and doesnt really affect those that have a lot. This makes the game even more biased than it already is.  

this is a gold sink they invented to try to inhibit the massive inflation in the game
---too little, far too late

forumweasel wrote:

4th: There have been a lot of ideas on things to use as gold sinks, how about using one that will almost certainly work. Make a merchant that sells some basic items that many shaiyans need: Resurrection Runes, EXP stones, Blue Dragon Charms, etc. These basic items, if available by merchants would make it possible for those that have little to enjoy the game again and would cut the feet out from under the resellers that drive prices through the roof for them. Aeria Games might see a slight lowering of AP for those items but would see a greater increase in players which means more potential for people that would buy AP for other items such as OPs, high end gear, nosses, etc.  

Selling AP items for cash in game instead of AP has been suggested, discussed and promised, unfortunately this means loss of revenue for AGE, and that wont happen

----------------------------------------------------------
In regards to the DualBoxing you mention here
fuNkt1on wrote:

1 Its not fully bannable u can dual box just not in pvp maps

GMSkempo wrote:
Source
7) Power Leveling
a. Power Leveling your alt account with another one of your accounts is against our terms and is a bannable offense. (yes even if you are dual boxing)  

Despite the fact that this is posted in an obscure location and not stated as a rule of the game and the fact that it is in the PVP thread would almost make it seem that it is PVP related (go figure), or in the TOS any dualboxing to gain any advantage for your second account is illegal

gummi_slave

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2011 9:38 pm

AP and banning
forumweasel wrote:

2nd: Account sharing... why oh why is this bannable? Especially in instances where a family member or someone in the same household is on your account. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If i want to take the chance on giving someone else my account information then i think thats the risk i should be able to take. If someone steals my gear or items then its my fault.  

---translation - because you have 2 accounts now you use more PID, xp stones, PED and charms (bdc, rpc, wtc) and they make more money because you and the other family member will play them together or at the same time.

wrong translation... yes 2 accounts same household for 3 yrs, played at same time, His/Her Credit cards used to buy AP on both accounts all that time. Now they Ban? What is the gain for AGE there... now you have 1 person not playing on an Aeria server at all and the other pissed off but still lvling a toon but will no longer dump $200 into AP every pay check ... so honestly Aeria Gains nothing from this.

What will happen is the AP buyers will get fed up and leave, bored and leave, and the newcomers and those that stay end up paying the price when AP items grow in price which in turn keeps game inflation growing. It's a Loss no matter how you look at it and comes down to Aeria running promo after promo to get what they can now , who cares about later.