So you've discovered a bug in Wolf Team.
Take a deep breath, and calm down. This is your chance to help Wolf Team improve, and to work better for you and your fellow players! This forum is the place to discuss
bugs with the community, to try and determine if the problem is happening for other people. Once you're all convinced that you've discovered a new bug, it should be reported to us, as always, by using the contact form
on our website.
DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE AND ASSUME THAT AERIA WILL SEE THEM.
This is for your benefit, to help narrow down and single out those pesky bugs -- and for your helpful fellow players to offer suggestions of how to fix any common problems you may be having. To tell Aeria about a bug, please reach us through the contact form
DO NOT REPORT GLITCHES HERE.
Any bugs you discover that can be used to exploit the game should only be reported over the contact form
. You don't want to be responsible for a new wave of glitchers, do you?
How to effectively describe a bug:
Remember, the more information there is to work with, the easier it will be to determine the cause of the bug. Saying "I was playing and something went wrong" is not terribly helpful. Here are some excellent factors to include:
- Where were you in the game? Were you trying to log in? Joining a room? Browsing the Item Mall? Playing a match?
- What game mode were you playing (e.g. Deathmatch, Ice Hold)
- What map were you on?
- What weapons were you using?
- What were you trying to do immediately before or after the bug occurred (e.g. changing weapons, waiting for the game to begin, resurrecting a teammate, opening a Lucky Box, etc)
- What did you expect would be the normal outcome of your actions, and what happened instead? (i.e. "I waited for the game to return to the room chat area, but instead it quit completely.")
It is also always helpful to include a little information about your computer. If possible, you should include your DxDiag specs when you have any reason to suspect your PC might be a factor.
To collect your DxDiag information:
- Click on the Windows "Start" Button.
- Select "Run" from the bottom-right of the menu.
- In the dialog box that appears, type "DxDiag" (without the quotes) and enter.
- The DxDiag tool will open. Choose the option to "Save all information" and then use the information that is saved to the file to describe your PC specifications.
Let's get those bugs squashed! Remember, discuss them here -- but tell us about them by using the contact form
. Thanks for helping!