PraetorianX

Rank 0
PostedMay 23, 2010 11:39 pm

An Assassin's Story

I walked out of my tent and to the training posts spread throughtout our camp I brandished my wooden practice gauntlets and began practicing strikes, slashes, kicks, and dodges so I could prepare to one day be a great assassin for my Vail clan.

Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 24, 2010 3:23 am
a short and a strong story ? Very Happy

signature of xybolt

PraetorianX

Rank 0
PostedMay 25, 2010 9:40 pm
lol, was a 30-second post , my bad

While practicing I noticed the sounds that were usually the dull thuds of trainging weapons striking one another, were sharper louder, and had more of a clang to them. When I approached to check out why, the scene I stumbled upon was horrible. We were being ambushed! Alliance troops were surging into our encampment and just slaughtering the helpless recruits and trainees like lambs. I began to run for my life, but was shot in the shoulder by an elven archer, so I feigned my death on the soil and listened for the sound of the Alliance troops to run past me. After what seemed like an eternity I finally heard the light taps of the elven rear troops fading off into the distance.I got up to look around and get a better view of what happened. When the Alliance had attacked our troop reserve guard had valiantly tried to defend us, but didn't have the numbers to effectively repel such a large force, I was scavenging weapons and supplies so I could bandage my shoulder, the arrow shaft had broken partway when an Alliance soldier kicked me to make sure I was actually dead. His/her kick had also driven it deeper into my shoulder and walking or moving my arm had become almost too painful to bear. As I walked through the ruined camp I was astonished to see a few other trainees had survived the massacre, we gathered all the supplies and gear that we could carry and began heading south, desperate to put distance between us and the massive assault force, but also wanting to reach the nearest official and inform them of what happened and ask how had alliance forces gotten so deep into union territory, especially with a force of that size?

PraetorianX

Rank 0
PostedMay 27, 2010 8:08 pm
srry for my wall of text, used to thinner forum settings

As we set out to go find higher ups, we had begun trying to set up some command structure
to our little group, we placed the most experience recruits of each class in charge of their respective class-members, then a council to head the entire group, our band was really small, none had been spared any mercy in the attack, only those who had pretended to die from an attack or hidden well, had survived the slaughterfest.Among us we had mostly guardians and assassins, the only ones who'd been resilient or fast enough to escape, but a few warriors and one oracle had also made it, we were about to make camp, as the first runner along the road was found dead at his post, his body had been mutilated and desecrated after his death, the Alliance apparently showed no mercy even to the dead.....

PraetorianX

Rank 0
PostedJun 09, 2010 6:43 pm
We made our way, slowly dispatching the small pockets of stragglers and scouts the Alliance had left behind, every once in a while we could spot their rear guard, seeing their giant, gleaming, heavy armor and brandished, glowing weapons chilled all of us to the core, whenever we found good weapons or armor on the stragglers, we tried to distribute it evenly amongst the troops, some of our assassins ended up wearing heavier armor than they needed and some guards ended up with weapons they couldn't possibly use effectively, but we were slowly becoming a good team in a fight, instead of all running at someone and hacking wildly, we had begun forming positions and ranks within our small band, the alliance soldiers who didn't fear us, found this especially amusing to see, but payed for it. We reached a small town that hadn't been destroyed by the marauding force, I was sure that High Command had already sent one of the stationed armies to deal with them, although no evidence seemed to support, but instead the opposite, as if their passage through our great empire was being eased along. We went in the town and immediately began recruiting townspeople who seemed capable of learning or willing to fight and those who had spiritual talents, not many of either were in the town so we restocked our supplies and headed along the old dusty road.....

Aymarah

Rank 0
PostedSep 11, 2010 11:20 am

Great !

Yay
Great story ! You should also post it on Fanfiction (dot) net, it needs more Shaiya fanfics ! I love this so far ! Keep it up Very Happy

khazatar

Rank 0
khazatar
PostedDec 19, 2010 5:10 am
Awesome! luv it