marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedOct 29, 2010 1:31 am   Last edited by marksteele on Oct 29, 2010 8:04 pm. Edited 2 times in total

way to kill the first event

good job aeria.....good job
ok so I logged today excited about the new events, and what do i find, the same chest that I trained so hard for being given out as candy...I understand its Halloween, but they totally just undermined the first event that alot of people trained hard for.

edit: I see i was slightly mistaken with the duration of the halloween event items, now I just hope the ones from the first event are longer in duration.

edit2: nope i was right....the mystic chests from the leveling event were only 30 days....
Advertisement

CloudAcolyte

Rank 1
CloudAcolyte
PostedOct 29, 2010 2:14 am
The way DDTank is run is somewhat odd, I think. On the other hand, I can relate to their point of view.

Giving the "top" players even stronger, exclusive rewards for BEING the top is overpowering. I think they would have done better if they gave Gold Coins for the CS instead of chest rewards for those two other events.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedOct 29, 2010 3:04 am
It's not like EVERY "nothingness" gives the chest it's few and far between. Also, you're skipping the other rewards you guys get for being top 3.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedOct 29, 2010 3:06 am
but that was the main one, the one that no one else could get.....cept now everyone can get it

3 level 4 energy stones and 6 pearls...not the best prize suddenly...

its also the fact that they released mystic chests RIGHT after this event ended. I mean I wouldn't have minded as much if they did them in an event a few weeks from now or something like that

zachhalla

Rank 0
zachhalla
PostedOct 29, 2010 7:45 pm
This is crap. The Item I trained day and night to get....I was hoping for like 5 on entire server. now there's 20+.... its stupid. thats the only item I wanted too. Gms should take back our E ranks, give us a choice of weapon E rank and give us for a year.

jeirhart

Rank 4
jeirhart
PostedOct 29, 2010 8:53 pm
I'm not particularly surprised this happened. Aeria's lack of control over the events and prizes (for the most part) is very obvious and similar things have happened in Caesary as well.

Like marksteele said, having an event that made such a big deal out of attaining these Mystic Chests and the E-Weapon inside for the few top players then having an event that made these same weapons available to every player with little effort is a slap in the face. Not only that, but made it possible for players to attain more than one Mystic Chest.

Now you can say that this is a chance reward, that only some players will gain access to these weapons but the problem is that the 3 people who worked hard to get those weapons have now been joined by 30 or more players who just spent a day to get a few medals. Some of those players have more than one.

What this leaves us with is a few Energy Stones and number of useless Pearls. Every pearl I opened was level 1 and I heard similar things from the other top two. The Stones I received got me a +5 outfit and upped my Gulu Shield to +4. So basically my few weeks of work let me get something I could have already done if i have bought lv4 energy stones instead of experience pills.

Let me be clear though, the Halloween event is awesome, especially the costume trading part (from Gulu). I love events that give everyone a fair chance and are fun at the same time; good rewards and can't simply just buy the event. Of course it could be better, as all events can be but its a good event nonetheless.

The problem comes in the timing. Thanks to the Halloween event, players had the top prizes from the Leveling and Power events before the top players even received their rewards. I already had an E-Weapon before I was paid out. Other people had 3. I spent weeks leveling and grinding my way to the top and then find out all the prizes I received were rendered pointless or were completely useless. Not to mention the 2x glory item was glitched.

This is yet another example of how poorly this game is being treated. Not only do blatant users of exploits get a free pass and a written guide, but those players who have worked their butts off and are major supporters of the game get ripped off, our prizes rendered meaningless.

This is not the way to run a game or the way to treat your players.