freecookies123

Rank 0
freecookies123
PostedMar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Can't log in: "please try again later"

just what is says
So the game stops working, so I press alt+f4. I try to log back in, and it says please try again later. My friend texted me and said I was still on! O__O i don't have any other accounts except on Lailah, Shaiya. I've tried restarteing my computer, and even system resotring it back a couple days, tried it then and still said please try again later! idk what to do...i sent in a ticket... -.-" help me please!
Advertisement

yellan13

Rank 2
yellan13
PostedMar 01, 2010 4:02 pm
Your best bet is to wait until a GM checks your ticket. If your account was logged in and moving, when you try to login on another computer it should kick the other guy out as well as you. (I do that a lot lol, dualboxing and forgetting which accounts are which Razz ) I'm not 100% sure if this would be a stolen account or a server error, but you did your best with checking whether it's a client issue, as I doubt reinstalling would solve anything. (The system restore might not have been necessary though lol). Hope I helped.

freecookies123

Rank 0
freecookies123
PostedMar 01, 2010 6:40 pm
yeah, but now my friend texted me that i'm just standing still in front of the auction board in tha AH lol. so i'm not hacked, i just can't log in. But thanks for replying. Also, I have not heard back from the GM's yet. :/ and i tried logging in on another computer, but it still didn't kick me out. Even when I tried then with two computers! lol idk what to wait. eh, patience is a virtue...

yellan13

Rank 2
yellan13
PostedMar 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Hmm I've never encountered a problem like this before lol. I would think that in order for your account to stay logged in and not time out, you would need to be continuously sending packets of information to the server saying that you are, in face, there. its a long shot, but restarting your computer would stop that and allow your account to logoff. But if it's a server sided problem, it would involve work on the GM's side to work that out... hope you get this fixed!

freecookies123

Rank 0
freecookies123
PostedMar 01, 2010 9:23 pm
It might be because I was actually viewing the Auctions when I closed the window. I haven't checked in a couple hours though, I can't use the computer right now (this is from my iPod) so I will try tomorrow. Thanks for all your help though! ^-^

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedMar 01, 2010 10:56 pm
Worse case, you may just have to wait til maintenance when everyone will be kicked from the server. It may take the GMs a few days to respond to tickets due to the tiered event.

L32010

c0matose

Rank 3
c0matose
PostedMar 02, 2010 9:34 am
they've (GMs) have never said for sure if Shaiya runs on a DB2 platform, but being one of the more widely used databases for online games, I'm assuming.

as Lyyrian pointed out, any ticket you submit will more than likely have the simple reply that you'll have to wait until the next scheduled maintenance, and here's why:

In DB2, your player/toon constitutes a single process running. If their DBAs have a lot of tasks on their plate at all times, looking up a single process to kill can be tedious.

At maintenance time, the "quiesce" command is issued which forces all users off the system. Much easier from a DBA's point of view...

I've seen players get stuck like you are right after maintenance, and have to wait a full week before they can play again.

<center></a><br><br>Remember to turn the other cheek, that way the swelling will be even.</center>

freecookies123

Rank 0
freecookies123
PostedMar 02, 2010 2:52 pm
yeah they said I should be able to log in, but I still can't T___T .whatever, I can wait until the next maitenence. Does anybody know when that will be? Thanks for the help Smile

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedMar 02, 2010 11:40 pm
tomorrow night / later tonight (depending on the time you are reading this) is when maintenance should be. Maintenance is generally done on Wednesday night 5pm PST.

L32010

kerenf

Rank 4
kerenf
PostedMar 03, 2010 7:23 am
did you get it working? I stumbled on to this trying to help someone on shoutbox and i thought it could help you

smirnoFFz wrote:
Ok so here's how I fixed it.

Apparently the "new great version" of Internet Explorer (which I don't use often or at all actually) sets ALL internet based applications to use a proxy (if you have set it up that way).

Since I was using a proxy to do some web browsing and that proxy has since gone offline it was not allowing me to do anything.

By taking off the proxy it is now working fine.. gm's and moderators I would remember this in future cases as it may help those that HAVE working internet and tried the whole reboot/flush dns crap that actually doesn't work if you have a decent computer.  

also this link was given by GS Silent on SB for shaiya update issues

and if those things dont help.. i also found some steps that could help

ShadowDragonXXI wrote:

1. Check to be sure that your Antivirus and Firewall are not blocking Shaiya from accessing. Add an exception to your Windows Firewall and white-list it in your Antivirus programs to allow it full access to the net. Refer to your program's Help menu for assistance on how to perform this.

2. If in Vista or Win-7 be sure that you are also running the program as Administrator. Right-Click the Shaiya shortcut and select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibilities" tab and at the bottom of the window select "Run this program as administrator". Press OKAY to save the changes and reboot your Shaiya program.

3. Be sure that your UAC (User Account Control) is either allowing Shaiya access or disabled. How to turn off the UAC in Vista and Windows 7.

4. Make sure that the program DNA Download Manager is uninstalled from your system. This is a program that comes bundled into your Direct Download option through the AGE website and remains on your system after installation, leeching massive amounts of net resources and considerably slowing your connection. Go to your Add/Remove Programs window and uninstall it.

5. If you still cannot connect then try redownloading and installing a new version. Uninstall your current version, download a new installer program, reboot to clear the system memory, then reinstall.

6. Finally if you still are unable to connect please download Hijackthis and post the log file so we can get an understanding of your system processes and help narrow down which one is causing the issue.

I'm sorry this all seems like so much but i was trying to list all the things that could help with ur issues!!!

let me know if any of these work ok?

I'm Kitie on Teos UoF!