did you get it working? I stumbled on to this
trying to help someone on shoutbox and i thought it could help you
Ok so here's how I fixed it.
Apparently the "new great version" of Internet Explorer (which I don't use often or at all actually) sets ALL internet based applications to use a proxy (if you have set it up that way).
Since I was using a proxy to do some web browsing and that proxy has since gone offline it was not allowing me to do anything.
By taking off the proxy it is now working fine.. gm's and moderators I would remember this in future cases as it may help those that HAVE working internet and tried the whole reboot/flush dns crap that actually doesn't work if you have a decent computer.
also this link was given by GS Silent on SB for shaiya update issues
and if those things dont help.. i also found some steps that could help
- Check to be sure that your Antivirus and Firewall are not blocking Shaiya from accessing. Add an exception to your Windows Firewall and white-list it in your Antivirus programs to allow it full access to the net. Refer to your program's Help menu for assistance on how to perform this.
- If in Vista or Win-7 be sure that you are also running the program as Administrator. Right-Click the Shaiya shortcut and select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibilities" tab and at the bottom of the window select "Run this program as administrator". Press OKAY to save the changes and reboot your Shaiya program.
- Be sure that your UAC (User Account Control) is either allowing Shaiya access or disabled. How to turn off the UAC in Vista and Windows 7.
- Make sure that the program DNA Download Manager is uninstalled from your system. This is a program that comes bundled into your Direct Download option through the AGE website and remains on your system after installation, leeching massive amounts of net resources and considerably slowing your connection. Go to your Add/Remove Programs window and uninstall it.
- If you still cannot connect then try redownloading and installing a new version. Uninstall your current version, download a new installer program, reboot to clear the system memory, then reinstall.
- Finally if you still are unable to connect please download Hijackthis and post the log file so we can get an understanding of your system processes and help narrow down which one is causing the issue.
I'm sorry this all seems like so much but i was trying to list all the things that could help with ur issues!!!
let me know if any of these work ok?