yellan13

Rank 2
yellan13
PostedFeb 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Checking server, please check notice board.

What this error really means
If you are starting Shaiya and get the error "Checking server, please check notice board," do not be alarmed. This only means that your computer is unable to connect to the server, whether it be down or if the network you are on has blocked it ... AKA no gaming at school >Sad

This error could be the result of many different problems.

1) The servers are down for weekly maintenance.
Solution: NONE, they will be down every Wednesday for about an hour, sometimes two. All you can do is sit and wait, the servers need work every week, so you'll have to go without an hour of Shaiya. Most people have this issue, and I think I saw 4 different posts about it today (wednesday the 17). This is an example of the weekly maintenance. Take a look.

2) You lost your internet connection while starting Shaiya.
Solution: Reconnect your computer to the network you are using for internet.

3) Your network has blocked the actual servers or the ports to access the server.
Solution: Stop gaming at school. I know of no reason anyone would block the 30800 and 308100 port other than if a network has blocked ALL ports except for the necessary ones ( 80, 8080, etc). This is what many schools do. If you are at home and think this is your problem, ask whoever setup the internet to unblock those ports.

4) The servers are down for another reason.
Solution: Once again, none. If the servers are down and it's not Wednesday at 5pm PST, there is probably a big problem with the server... just wait it out, and check the forums. They will most likely have some information on what's going on.

Although I mainly made this post for the server maintenance, it does apply to all four cases. Hopefully people may read this instead of making a post about it.

Advertisement

Shivim

Rank 0
PostedSep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Still broken.

None of these reasons apply. I was playing one day. Then all of a sudden it closed out, and this message popped up.

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedSep 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Still broken.

Shivim wrote:
None of these reasons apply. I was playing one day. Then all of a sudden it closed out, and this message popped up.  

Please read the first post in the General Discussion.... I think we are all tired of posting the link...

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

Shivim

Rank 0
PostedSep 19, 2012 2:18 pm
I'm new so I'm not sure where that would be.

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedSep 19, 2012 2:32 pm
Shivim wrote:
I'm new so I'm not sure where that would be.  

Scroll to top of page click on Shaiya tab then choose General Discussion

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...