st0rmblaz3

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2008 12:30 am

normal dmg vs critical dmg

how are they linked?
Hey guys, i noticed critical build is highly feasible in this game but can't help wondering whether there's a link between your normal dmg and the critical dmg?

Suppose a scenario of 2 player, 1 goes for str i.e high base(normal dmg) and then another 1 goes for luc which gives high crit rate and crit dmg.

How would the 2 measure up, note though that the crit player has very little or no str added thus a very meagre base dmg, would it translate to a low critical dmg as well?

or does critical dmg take on its own mechanism based purely on the amt of luc one possesses?
Advertisement

RomanF

Rank 1
RomanF
PostedJan 06, 2008 1:55 am

How would the 2 measure up, note though that the crit player has very little or no str added thus a very meagre base dmg, would it translate to a low critical dmg as well?  

If you got low strength you make low criticals unless you got luc skilled.
If you got low strength and high luck you make lowstr criticals amplified by luc.. so they would be "high" criticals

or does critical dmg take on its own mechanism based purely on the amt of luc one possesses?  

??

Do you mean a character with strength with crit for less than his normal damage?
A high str will crit for more normal damage with low luc and a high str will crit for alot more damge with high luc

We are with you One for all - All for one We are strong - We are one Gatts

qiuk0001

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2008 2:40 am
This is a question I've been wondering as well.

Str increase damage, while luck increase crit rate and crit damage.
So the question is, how is crit damage calculated? If crit damage is equal to normal damage * a multiplier depending on luck, then str, since it increase normal damage, will increase crit damage as well.

So in that case, will a 200 str 200 luck character crit harder? Or will a 400 luck character crit harder (bearing in mind the above assumed formula)

st0rmblaz3

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2008 4:06 am
it's like what qiuk pointed out
With an addition, here's the 3 scenarios that i wanna compare:

a) 200 str
b) 100 str 100 luc
c) 200 luc

1. Between b and c which one does higher critical damage?

2. Of the 3 scenarios, which one is gonna do higher dmg?

csquares

Rank 0
PostedJan 06, 2008 4:47 am
st0rmblaz3 wrote:
it's like what qiuk pointed out
With an addition, here's the 3 scenarios that i wanna compare:

a) 200 str
b) 100 str 100 luc
c) 200 luc

1. Between b and c which one does higher critical damage?

2. Of the 3 scenarios, which one is gonna do higher dmg?  

i would say b and c would both out crit in both frequency and damage.
c would crit much more often than b and it would crit for a similar / slightly higher amount. b would be doing more non crit damage on the strikes that dont crit but crit less often. a wouldnt crit hardly any strikes but it normal hits would be the highest of all.

-PureInt-

qiuk0001

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2008 1:49 am
I've been doing some testings, and with 200++ str, 80++ luck, I do around 800 when I crit using a warrior.

I took away my strength bonus adding lapises and added in luck lapises, and with around 180++ str and 100++ luck, I did around 600-700 when I crit.

Probably, this means that crit damage is dependent on your normal damage, so strength (since it increases your normal damage, increases your crit damage as well), and for a warrior, it's higher than luck. Not sure for a hunter though.

So my guess is, to get the max damage, you need a good max of strenth and luck in a magic ratio

m1n1me123

Rank 0
PostedFeb 03, 2008 11:21 pm
choose *c* but im pure luc build and my crits are higer other archers str build or not pure luc

Marrano

Rank 0
PostedFeb 04, 2008 9:33 am
i put same question, if someone know the formula of dmg calculator and crit calculator thx to post it

stern123

Rank 0
stern123
PostedFeb 04, 2008 10:07 pm
this is the hunter/archer section.
and warriours dont get extra base damage with luc archer/hunters do.
and if ur a archer/hunter u go with luc cause ur crits will b doing more damage than your normal hits as a strenght archer/hunter.

only archers/hunters get benefitted with going with alot of luc
with warriours u dont put alot of luc cause u not b doing so well but when u crit u will deal alot.
archer/hunters around 40+
a luc build will b dealing alot more damage than a str hunter because all hits are crits. depending on ur amount of luc depdning on the damage differnce.

i hope that answers ur question

quite interesting when im bored........