Lehrigen

Rank 0
Lehrigen
PostedJan 12, 2008 10:56 pm
the luck build starts to kick in at around lvl 25

there's a noticible difference in your crit rate by then, and when you do hit lvl 25, the epic bow helps too ^^

but until then, leveling is Hard. Evil or Very Mad
Advertisement

Dreadmaker

Rank 0
Dreadmaker
PostedJan 16, 2008 9:47 pm
alright. I think that archers are becoming the most intellectual class in terms of build in the whole game now lol.

anyhow, I have tried the all luck build. at level 11, I hate it really enough that I need to get a new build. I don't crit, and I suck for damage/avoid/...everything.

so, here is my new theory :

3 str, 1 luck, 1 dex.

coupled with your +1 luck per level, that ought to increase your damage by about 4 per level. plus you get a bit extra for crit... I've heard through various... well, somewhat unreliable sources, that a very basic crit forumla is LUC/5. if this is true, then this build will give me about 4 extra attack per level, and every 5 levels, I'll get another crit %. this means that at level 50, I will only be critting 10% of the time, but I will have a lot more attack, and will be able to dodge better.

my other thought was to go 4 str 1 dex until about level 20, then go full luc. what do you all think about that?

stern123

Rank 0
stern123
PostedJan 17, 2008 6:07 pm
well with 3str 1 dex 1 luc u will b hitting fine, but your crits will b rare untill around lvl 50-60, either u remove that luck or put more luck cause its kinda waste u will crit a bit more often than than if u went 4 str 1 dex but u wont notice it till around 50-60.

ketla are u using bow? ive been using bow n it seems to b every 2 luck=1 attack. im pretty sure its the same for every wepon but im a hunter on the dark side. well but even if it is 3 luck=1 attack its still worth it later cause ur base damage affects your crits and luck raises your crit damage too.

quite interesting when im bored........

MITZY

Rank 0
MITZY
PostedJan 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Well , only thing i can say on this subject is that up until lvl 31 (if you plan on becoming an archer) is that you put all your stats to dexterity , as it will improve your atack , defence and long range hit rate.

OneChopStiX

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2008 10:59 am
my archer is lvl 10 and it has 17 STR, 27 LUC, 25 DEX, thats the only things that i have been raising...do i need to raise my str higher if i wanna pvp?

stern123

Rank 0
stern123
PostedFeb 01, 2008 10:21 pm
1 chop its better if u jsut stick with either str or luc, str is good through pvp andin pve. luc is bad at the start but later it is much better than str it is vastly superior than the str build cause ur crits will be around 300 damage more depending on how much luc u have but for luc u need atleast 120 luc to see a 1/4chance. on normal mode i went luc build at lvl 15 i critted a mage with rapid arrow and the mage died from that shot. but it was a lucky shot cause i didnt have so much luc. but with luc build u have to kill greens. u will crit more on them too cause u will get penalized for anything above that color and ur crits will make training alot easier.

str build is much easier to train with.
but luc build is easier to train with around lvl 35+
its best to do what ketla said and get a restat card.

quite interesting when im bored........

Razark

Rank 0
PostedFeb 02, 2008 3:40 pm
Think about it guys, Critical damage is a damage mulitiplied by a % which comes from ur luck. Critical damage is mulitiplied by your base damage or normal damage. Therefor str could be of some use for a luck based build. But if you are a normal mode archer i would suggest 4 luck 1 dex. But what im thinkin for a hard mode archer would be 1 str 1 dex 5 luck or something alone the lines of that. This would give u, in the later levels a good probability of critical shots, while getting the boost of normal damage when u dont get a critical. Plus since critical damage is mulitiplied by a % from your normal base damage, str probably also increases your critical damage.

so basically i would suggest doing w/e you want. Cause im not a hard mode archer yet but if i do make it there.. im gona test out these builds to see which one does higher crit damage. Or ya know maybe try a 2 str 1 dex 4 luck ect...

Just im pretty sure, u dont want rec or wisdom... cause normally u try to not be the target of attackers... and ur not in the front lines of PVP..more or less the middle line in between warriors/guardians and mages

Marrano

Rank 0
PostedFeb 02, 2008 6:05 pm
Anyone know the exaclty formula and what are based to critical??? For crit u need dex to not miss?? and after luck to see if u crit? or Luck is the only think u need to crit? The damage of the crit is based on your base damage or is a formula between your luck and other luck?