Laleryx

Rank 0
Laleryx
PostedOct 07, 2009 11:15 am

A Heart Has Been Lost

The battlefield scarred, the sky dark and black, the bodies of countless Alliance soldiers, covered in brown dirt and scarlet blood. I lifted myself out from under a dead Guardian, and proceeded to pull myself onto my feet. All I could see through the dead trees and grayed hills were bodies; nothing more, nothing less. It was almost as if we had been hit by a massive storm, wiping out all that came into its destructive path.

I picked up my Divider; my last, and most trusted friend so far in this treacherous campaign. As I looked into the gleaming reflection of the still sharp weapon, I noticed something from behind me. A Fury Warrior!

I turned swiftly, dodging the incoming axe attack. Her weapon sliced into the grassy ground, useless. I drove my weapon deep into her chest, the tip protruding from her back. I could hear her choke and gargle on her own blood, a welcome sound as any so far. I pulled my weapon out and she fell, lifeless, to the ground.

I knelt over the body, and put my head down on it. I began to sob uncontrollably. I dropped my weapon and pounded on the dead Warrior's body endlessly, hoping she'd come back to life, as if by some sort of miracle. But I knew in my heart that it wouldn't happen.

For she reminded me, vaguely, of my love. The beautiful Elf Mage, Susakea, with her long, flowing blond hair and her sweet, soft voice. How this crude, disgusting Fury reminded me of her, I'll never know. But her eyes were almost identical. Almost.

I looked up from the body and began to scan the area for Susakea's body. From what I remember, she was brought on this campaign, as well, and there was a chance she was in the same unit, or regiment, as me. No luck.

I stood and lifted my weapon from the ground, sheathing it. I crossed my heart for the fallen Fury, praying to the Goddess above that her soul may rest in peace. I began to turn and walk away, when I noticed a welcoming sight on a distant hill.

Susakea, her face covered in blood, her Cross Staff almost broken at the tip, was standing there, waving at me with a cheerful smile as I ever needed to see. I began to run to her, smiling, calling her name, "Susakea! You're all right!"

Suddenly, I heard a whizzing noise from behind me. Almost as if time slowed, I turned my head and saw about ten Hunters firing arrows. Firing arrows...at Susakea.

I rushed towards her, holding my hand out to her. I kept stumbling upon the bodies of Alliance and Fury, crying to her and hoping she would be okay. I reached her, held her close. I could smell the sweat and tears on her cheeks.

I held her ever so tightly. I took her head in my hands, and kissed her. She began to sob.

"Susakea, my love..." I said.

Arrows began to thud harmlessly in the ground near us. For some reason, I didn't want to move to cover. Something held me there at that spot with her, with my eternal love in my hands, grasping it as if I had discovered the secret to immortality.

"Kaiden...I..." Susakea began, but she trailed off.

I could tell that it was over. The useless campaign, the countless battles fought and lost by the Alliance. The Furys were winning, and we knew it. Why we continued to fight was beyond a simple foot soldier such as I or Susakea.

"Susakea. I love you. Even...even if this is the last time we speak to each other-" I began, but she cut me off.

"No. The Goddess will watch over us, my love."

I only nodded, and we both looked towards the hunters. The sight was amazing, almost horrifying; hundreds of thousands of arrows appeared above us, blackening the sun. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek, reaching my chin. I turned my head towards Susakea one last time.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you." Susakea replied.

(Thoughts? Comments? All are appreciated. Keep in mind, this hasn't been revised or proofreaded, I just sat down and wrote something for a change.)

Advertisement

usualsuspect428

Rank 0
usualsuspect428
PostedOct 07, 2009 11:30 am
the orc in me says 'awwwwwww' ...

the hunter in me says .. 'all is fair .. in love .. and war' .......

Laleryx

Rank 0
Laleryx
PostedOct 07, 2009 11:34 am
I lol'd, literally Very Happy

Thanks ^^