ShadowDragonXXI

Rank 3
ShadowDragonXXI
PostedOct 02, 2009 11:48 am

GM Links/Enchantments

And how to make the job easier for the GM's
Okay, I know what y'all are gonna say, but the Suggestions forums never see any traffic aside from those that actually post things there. Hence why I place this here ...

The problem is pretty simple: The GM's spend a lot of time after their tiered events linking/enchanting items for players. Then the last couple they actually put deadlines on the process. On top of that you have players that like to sell their links to others, requiring that the player buying the link to trust the person to not only link the item, but to also return it after linking instead of just pocketing the whole lot.

My suggestion: Make the GM links and enchantments in-game items. In the case of the links, make it a limited addition 100% hammer that guarantees success when used. As for Enchantments make it the same with a special addition lapisia. Then make the items trade-able too so those that want to sell their links/enchantments instead of using them can do so without the risk of the buyer losing their items and gold.

This would benefit the GM's immensely since instead of responding to various Ticket numbers they can just deposit an item in our banks, giving them more time to respond to tickets of players having issues or reporting bugs to SonoV. The players then benefit by not needing to conform to a set deadline, allowing them to store the link until they get the items that they need or want at a later time, while also giving them instant gratification instead of waiting 1-3 days for the link depending on the overall response to the promotion.

Advertisement

GMFoxTrot

Rank 4
GMFoxTrot
PostedOct 02, 2009 11:50 am
Fastest response:

Easier for us to do it out of game.

-Foxtrot

HiFiSi

Rank 5.1
HiFiSi
PostedOct 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.