Miss_Garnet

Rank 1
Miss_Garnet
PostedJan 07, 2018 9:52 pm
FireMugiwara wrote:

60 pvp "reboot" when I played it before mount reroll actually didn't have any issues killing maros+quel and whatever it was simply reflect builds 1 shotting my ***.  

That was the exact result I got with my Wizard in the latter era level 60s PVP, although I'm far from skilled next to actual skilled players. Full tank Holy Swords were toxic to me though (too little risk/drawback for the rewards), and it drew players to it, reinforcing an example of the problems with tankiness in PVP.
FireMugiwara wrote:
This game has been ruined by x-legends power creep+balance neglect AND the community itself anyway.

Always building the most non interactive garbage clown fiesta and just making sure you don't die above all else.  
In addition to move speed creep (I say this as someone who loves all the move speed they can get, mind you), this probably sums up what I've been saying for a long time now.

At this point I'm just a lingering ghost who logs in but hasn't "played" (sans the short level 90 to level 95 rush) in about a year or more. I just less and less come to do random chats and see the friends who also haven't fully left yet, but many good ones have. *cries*
Advertisement

xoxosophiexoxo

Rank 0
xoxosophiexoxo
PostedJan 07, 2018 11:25 pm
Miss_Garnet wrote:
Lightstream22 wrote:
Is fragile meta ideal? No, but it's the best option that would be least complicated to implement. A better meta would require balancing classes and addressing +30 paywall, neither of which would happen.  
Absolutely nothing is going to happen anyway which is why this discussion was purely theoretical. That's why I went and said using the level 70 meta as a framework (and limiting fortification to +20), and adjusting from there, would be best, because I feel it would be the closest thing to the best PVP this game could have, regardless of what is more likely to happen.

Using a fragile meta like the level 60 one would not really fix as many of the issues as you think. There's adjustments on the class level that would be needed regardless, and reducing player damage reduction would mean you'd need to make adjustments elsewhere, or else new problems arise (namely, the DPS gear users suffers too much, and tank gear becomes overwhelming on a class like Holy Sword which would now excels at damage, tankiness, AND reflect all at the same time, and having one class be good at all three is toxic; the only time that was seen before was with the full tank spin Ravagers in the level 60 PVP, but everyone likes to be nostalgic and forget that the PVP meta of those times also had huge issues too).
Sairaphis wrote:
I know lots of people who have gotten it without cashing (considering you can't cash for gear)  

Um... yes you can o.o;
xoxosophiexoxo wrote:
and i want to see the "people you know" who made their full 90 pve set from grind ...  
I got my level 90 weapon and armor set entirely between the time I did the level 90 to level 95 grind. I was broke to start with, and was broke after the fact. I crafted most of my cores with the materials I farmed, and even sold some extra good ones to buy maybe the extra one or two I needed. I dropped three of the recipes myself (all of them opening to different parts of the good DPS set, I forget it's name already), and bought the other two with the little gold I had from selling extra good cores. I never made a level 90 accessory set since I was mostly done grinding by then, and yeah I never got any recipes and got upset that you needed to farm Emerald Marsh for the materials.

That being said, you're right; the RNG and drop rate for recipes in this game is atrociously poor. I just had some crazy luck for a short duration.  

Ohh well when i was thinking about "farming" i thought about the normal player and not someone who play this game for like for ever, have perfect gear and stuff lol ^_^ i done now level HS 90 and Sorc 90...got 1 level 90 recipe and i done 3/1 PT+SOLO non stop, the best gold i made by this painfull grinding was Timesilk -.-
now i can clearly say that it is ->not<- possible to come close to end game as f2p,dont even try if you read this,oh well yes you can try hard and grind 24/7 good luck lol
well i gave up long ago now i level my Brawler level 69 and thats i wont put any more time into AK -.- and good bye my 500 Charms not one gave me usefull loot, ohh and about 90 PVP , it is super broken but playable if you got both sets(full dps+tank/ashes),the only problem is tanking +30 HS but well when you see the +30 HS right after charged lighting pressing random skills and hope for the best you know money≠gameplay xD well i actually would love to do PVE but besides Sky Tower Elite/Hard there is nothing to do since everyone solo everything,and who dont cash dont try to recruit for 3/1 randomly because the party is going to fail anyway if not some overpowered beast is bored and want to nuke the boss before the party even enter the dungeon :S RIP my friend list is empty anyway had to remove like 20 people who did not login for weeks/months :S

Miss_Garnet

Rank 1
Miss_Garnet
PostedJan 08, 2018 1:32 am
It's not about how much you grind. I did grind a lot from level 90 to level 95 (other than that, what have I done in the last year to year and a half but a lot of nothing), but my point was IN that small time window, I got some recipes. I know I'm an exception, I know I had insane luck for that short time period (mostly in them opening to good results), but I'm just saying that while the drop rate is bad, getting full level 90 stuffs and +20 isn't hard for free to play players. It just takes time.

Also, I didn't say you can get perfect, end-game stuffs without paying. The price of eidolon restructures, eidolon themselves, and +30 especially ensured that, and that last one was the last straw that made many players quit (even if it's not required for PVE).

As for PVP, some players on Chimera are doing level 60s PVP with some rules for duels if you might be interested ^^? It's basically level 69 and below, no star fusion, no accessory/trophy fortification, no fortifications on weapons/armor beyond +20, and no -150% crit damage eidolons or -75% crit rate eidolons. It's an attempt to try and do the old time fun PVP.

Tt352151

Rank 5
Tt352151
PostedJan 12, 2018 6:34 am
FireMugiwara wrote:
actually the last good pvpers left much earlier than that with +20 accesories  

Wasn't talking about PvPers, was just saying "okay pvp" meaning there were players still doing it often to some extent. It may not have been the best in comparison to older times, but that was the last of it before +30 hit.

I should know, I put out a PvP vids before the +30 patch hit. And my vid wasn't to be like "oh I am the best" , it was just to entertain. I've said it once and I'll say it again, most of the skill in this game is equivalent to how much $$$ is put into an account unless you are fortunate with recipes and pack in the gold.

xoxosophiexoxo

Rank 0
xoxosophiexoxo
PostedJan 12, 2018 10:49 am
Tt352151 wrote:
FireMugiwara wrote:
actually the last good pvpers left much earlier than that with +20 accesories  

Wasn't talking about PvPers, was just saying "okay pvp" meaning there were players still doing it often to some extent. It may not have been the best in comparison to older times, but that was the last of it before +30 hit.

I should know, I put out a PvP vids before the +30 patch hit. And my vid wasn't to be like "oh I am the best" , it was just to entertain. I've said it once and I'll say it again, most of the skill in this game is equivalent to how much $$$ is put into an account unless you are fortunate with recipes and pack in the gold.  

Not only how much $$$ you put into PVP but also what class you play.
There is no problem to burst +30 people down as a +20 HS if you are really lucky on zeals rng(and know how to play).

And again in my opinion and experience it is not possible as F2P to come close to end game PVE content without spending over 1000 hours into grind.Maybe in the future when there will be more dungeons and stuff.Than it may be possible.But not right now.Thats how bad it is right now.But on the other hand i had people in Partys getting like 3x 90 Recipes in 2 days...what ever lol.

And yes Miss Garnet i saw that.Once i completed my HS(Means i get a Level 90 Thunder weapon,who knows when that happens thanks to my bad luck so far) i will join this.Downside is that there are many full +20 69 PVP people, making it difficult to join arena with that restriction.

And to come back to the topic...AK is not dead.Many people play...many new people...many left.As far i see it in navea the "crowd" are new people who came probably from Steam.But if you really want to play AK(Main it as a video game) you can do good enough if you play with mature/nice people.

Miss_Garnet

Rank 1
Miss_Garnet
PostedJan 13, 2018 5:52 am
xoxosophiexoxo wrote:

And yes Miss Garnet i saw that.Once i completed my HS(Means i get a Level 90 Thunder weapon,who knows when that happens thanks to my bad luck so far) i will join this.Downside is that there are many full +20 69 PVP people, making it difficult to join arena with that restriction.

This game has always been gear and class first, play second. It's nothing new.

The difference was, in PVE at least, even though huge class balances existed all the same back then, there was still the novelty of the game along with a much higher game population, and at least until the class imbalance, move speed creep, and power creep got worse and worse and PVE became so much easier, the game was still much more fun despite the same problems pretty much existing even back then. The thing was, instead of taking a promising game with some issues in a better direction, X-Legends and Aeria sort of instead took it in a direction that snowballed those issues which started driving players away.

As for the level 60s PVP, personally, I'm not really planning on joining arenas. I'm mostly just probably going to do random duels. Like someone said above, people would rather built non-interactive, toxic, anti-fun stuffs (because never dying is more important to them than anything else), and while avoiding arenas won't entirely keep that away, at least it won't be 10 minutes of pointless boredom. I'm not that heavily invested in PVP in a bad game anymore. Half the reason I'm doing it is because I was asked to (and it takes somewhat little effort to attain what is needed under the requirements Toon proposed), but also because I've learned that the game is looooong past saving, so I quit "playing" for all intents, but I'm still trying to get all the fun out of it with the friends that DO remain before they too, and the game as a whole eventually, disappear(s). *cries*

Tt352151

Rank 5
Tt352151
PostedJan 14, 2018 10:17 am
xoxosophiexoxo wrote:
but also what class you play.
There is no problem to burst +30 people down as a +20 HS if you are really lucky on zeals rng(and know how to play).  

I became well aware of that after leaving the game, and coming back to HS and just picking it because the class had a cool giant sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nciq6u5Cpw

^ that was +20 armor/wep, +0 on accessories, and crit dmg eido

No surprise it's the most dominate even now.

And M. Garnet just find an alternative if this ever finally explodes.