oarodriguez10

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2017 1:28 am

what is going on?

ok so I am trying to download shiaya, its gets all the way through the download, it asks me if I want to launch the...well, launcher.

then it says "cant find file....etc" if you click on the icon that is added to the desktop during the installation process it takes me to the website instead of launching the launcher.

if you go to the folder to look for it yourself, the launcher lauches a notice that says I need ignite, and then when I follow the prompt it takes me to a website that doesn't exist anymore.

I know shaiya no longer uses ignite, but the website that this forum thread said to go to download it now that its no longer supported is the same website that I have been attempting to download it from. does anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do about this? I have already tried disabling my firewall, etc.

I haven't played shaiya in several years.
Advertisement

GS_Heiliger

GameSage: S4League
GS_Heiliger
PostedDec 31, 2017 2:47 am

Re: what is going on?

oarodriguez10 wrote:
ok so I am trying to download shiaya, its gets all the way through the download, it asks me if I want to launch the...well, launcher.

then it says "cant find file....etc" if you click on the icon that is added to the desktop during the installation process it takes me to the website instead of launching the launcher.

if you go to the folder to look for it yourself, the launcher lauches a notice that says I need ignite, and then when I follow the prompt it takes me to a website that doesn't exist anymore.

I know shaiya no longer uses ignite, but the website that this forum thread said to go to download it now that its no longer supported is the same website that I have been attempting to download it from. does anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do about this? I have already tried disabling my firewall, etc.

I haven't played shaiya in several years.  
Did you download the game directly from shaiyas webpage? Like when you're on the aeriagames site you go to games and then to shaiya. Then on top right, click on download after logging in. I believe you were still using an outdated download client. In case I misunderstood you there, please provide few screenshots showing your issue

Check out our general technical thread with all possible issues by clicking here

oarodriguez10

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2017 3:00 am
Yes, I did. However, the word "download" is no longer visable on the button as it was in years past.

I do not know how to upload a screenshot. i took one and tried and i cant seem to get it.

Either way, to be as clear as possible, I went to aeria games website, and then from there to the shaiya page. As I mentioned, I am not new to the game. I have been a player for more than 8 years on and off. In all the time that I have played and taken a few years off and come back, I have always downloaded it from the shaiya website where on the right hand side there is a small golden/yellowish box that says download.

However, this time, there is no word "download" its just a golden/yellowish box. I already know what it is since I am no stranger to the game so I clicked the empty box to initiate the download. the installation does all of its normal processes and then when it is finishing and it asks me if I want it to launch the launcher, I select yes. At this point, a message pops ups that essentially tells me it has no idea what to launch. There is no file path for what it is trying to execute.

I then went into the folder on my hard drive that contains shaiya. I open the launcher executable and it tells me i need to install ignite. there are no other executables in the files that are downloaded aside from the uninstall (and one that allows me to make basic setting changes to a game i am unable to launch.)

It is worth noting that I am on a brand new windows 10 computer, and my research indicates that this has created issues for some players. Do you have any idea what the issue is? Is it my operating system?

GS_Heiliger

GameSage: S4League
GS_Heiliger
PostedDec 31, 2017 5:33 am
This is really weird but there should be an executable file to start the launcher. Are you sure that it wasn't rather deleted by your antivirus upon installing. I may not be a GS from Shaiya but I may be able to poke someone for further support. It'll be a help, if you could show a screenshot of your Shaiya folder. To show a screenshot in the forum, upload your screen on imgur.com and then share the link to your screen in this forum.

Check out our general technical thread with all possible issues by clicking here

St.Danza

GameSage: Shaiya
St.Danza
PostedDec 31, 2017 5:44 am
Hellouuuuu

We know this kind of problems and I think that it can have some solutions and i dont know what already u tried or not. The best way is if you can join to us on discord https://discord.gg/atrtNV and poke one of GSes ^^

Take care and hope to see you soon!

GabuchigaBu

GameSage: Shaiya
GabuchigaBu
PostedDec 31, 2017 6:13 am
Hello!

We've had similar cases where the antivirus/firewall causes issues with the download or when opening the game and deletes some of the files.
Try to download the game from the site with your antivirus program offline, if that doesn't work then try to download it using a mirror. It's unoffical but should work.

If you get to download and installed the game succesfully but you have problems with the patcher, try to re-patch it.

You can also join to the Offical Shaiya channel on discord for further help, from the link [GS]Danza posted on above.

Have a good day~

oarodriguez10

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2017 1:46 pm
Hey guys!

I really appreciate all of the replies. I have tried to download it already with my anti-virus software disabled, but i have not yet tried to do it from a mirror site. let me give this a shot and i will let you know what happens.

oarodriguez10

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2017 3:19 pm
Unfortunately none of that was successful. Can someone tell me the name of the client we are using now instead of ignite? maybe i can make some headway there.

At this point, i have already dedicated more of my life than i feel should have been necessary to play a game. but now, it feels personal.

Johnathan129780

Rank 0
PostedJan 14, 2018 7:33 am

elsword

so what happen to elsword i wish to know

coud2

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2018 10:59 am
Am i the only right who likes the ignite application lol