veratas

Rank 2
veratas
PostedSep 02, 2007 8:48 pm

I would like Genuine Feedback on My Profile

Not an excuse to spam me....or maybe it is
After reading through some of the profiles submitted for the competition i was wondering what people actually thought of it, so i figured i'd ask for some users feed back.

My Profile

Advertisement

Doobius

Rank 3
Doobius
PostedSep 03, 2007 5:05 am

Ok I'll bite since you asked...

Well since you did PM me to ask for my opinion I will reply. First of all I may not be the best gauge of the page since I'm an old fuddy-duddy well outside the age group most of this stuff is targeted toward! That being said...I like the overall look of your profile. I like the way you were able to insert the .jpg's into the Blurb About Me section - I could never get mine to fit well so I gave up and typed it! I have to say that when I first saw your profile about 2 weeks ago, I DID actually read the About Me stuff and found it interesting even though you had limited space. And those are some really good videos for a PT-geared profile - I still like cars but I'm not a race gamer at all...it's just not meant for me to drive these things I think LOL.

Now as for one little thing...this is one little pet peeve of mine, and PLEASE don't go changin'..to try and please me...LMAO - to use a Billy Joel reference, but when the music kicked in I about jumped off my chair Smile . I keep my speakers kinda loud for the game, and when I start the game I expect sound, but I didn't really expect it on a profile, so that's why I say keep it because it does set it apart from most others. I will say one thing again to your credit - there was a way to pause or stop the music, and that was great. Most pages with sound I just have to close down because I can't turn it off!

Oh yeah - I guess you know your signature gets cut off on the right-hand side in the My Signature block, right. And if you click on any of those links while looking at your profile it opens a page in that little block. Probably a technical limitation on both those parts as a result of having limited permissions on the profiles.

Well that's about all I have to say! I hope the feedback was encouraging and that others will be constructive with their criticism too! This profile shows a lot of effort IMO. Good job Veratas!

Have Fun!!
Doobius

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedSep 03, 2007 8:42 am   Last edited by skull12580 on Sep 03, 2007 3:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total
edited:on my laptop shoulda gave it another try sorry

now then the bottom seems really crowded take out some of excess things,only keep what u think should be there
also if u like look over mine and give ur opinion

Cinnamon

Rank 5
Cinnamon
Now here's a profile I will visit numerous times and often! That mouse mini game was just fun to play with intime to the music. Took me a while to scroll beyond that Razz

There is just so much to look at in your profile, yet it's organised and pleasing to the eye. Very well done and thought out.

Now for the music, how did you do that. I didn't see an external music source. Give me your secrets! Twisted Evil

Overall, I really liked the whole package. You really out did yourself. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

veratas

Rank 2
veratas
PostedSep 03, 2007 11:08 am
Thank you for your feedback guys

Doobz, I wasn't aware about the signature problems with opening inside itself but may be a limitation of the profile page, it was designed for forum users and will go back and check for problems,

The music, Unfortunately because of the code i use its pretty difficult not to have it auto play and tryed a few things before deciding on that 1, I thought a small Play/Pause and stop button was more user friendly than having a Full media player shuffling through 500 songs inside the flash/media box.

Skull, Not sure which avatar you mean, I've had a few image problems but everything should now be hosted on reliable servers with silly bandwidth so no "cannot be displayed" boxes should be appearing, I intend to have 1 last reshuffle of the whole thing before the finish date of the competition which was one of the reasons for this post-Btw WB

Cin, If only i had mouse capture to see how many people actually do that with the explosions to the music, It seams every time i go to edit and check the results I need to have a quick click and BOOM!

The music is hosted on my own server and its just a quick link to that, no smoke or mirrors just an old fashion-non compliant Embed tag.

Thanks again for you feedback its appreciated.
Have a quick look the day before the completion closes and lets hope i dont mess it up at the last moment Razz

Doobius

Rank 3
Doobius
PostedSep 03, 2007 8:55 pm
veratas wrote:
Thank you for your feedback guys

Doobz, I wasn't aware about the signature problems with opening inside itself but may be a limitation of the profile page, it was designed for forum users and will go back and check for problems  

I thin if you just added the "target=new" element it would spawn a new window for the user and that would fix it right up! I had no problem with the music - I like music! Smile - I was just glad there was a way to pause it and all, and it was well-implemented I thought. Overall a great effort here - good luck with the competition!!

Have Fun All!!
Doobius

Ca55y

Rank 0
Ca55y
PostedSep 04, 2007 10:58 am
now dont get mad lol...

first of all i love that "Blurb about me" thing how u decorated it with pics...that is amazing, also u have unique signature that im giving credit too...as much as i love cars like u do...i think for my taste 1 vid is more than enough,but hey dont get me wrong thats only my opinion...

keep up great work...from 1 to 10 i'm giving u 11 Wink

veratas

Rank 2
veratas
PostedSep 04, 2007 3:04 pm
Tnx babe, feedback taken on board...