Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedMay 19, 2017 7:29 am

So about this EXP ultimatum?

First and foremost, I'm sorry for double posting but I only just saw this.

Secondly, I would like to thank AGE for listening to the communities concerns regarding regular EXP boosts. However, I am unsure if this is the best way to go about it.

I would firstly like some clarification on what maps would be effected by this considering that a few mutated dungeons have a manual EXP boost of 150%.

Secondly, I'm wondering why this is all of a sudden an ultimatum? I don't see why both of these things cannot happen, they have happened before.

Thirdly, and most importantly, this seems to mostly effect people who cannot afford PR plvl or to grind in PR themselves, and people who cannot buy MPT runs or grind MPT themselves. Assuming this is only talking about the 71+ Elsaland Maps and Deepfathom, there are still a considerable amount of people who grind in those areas because they do not have the gear to do so elsewhere and cannot afford to do it elsewhere. -Pretentious voice- I would like this to be taken into consideration before that manual EXP is stricken away from people who can't choose the high route and do PR/MPT plvl.

~
Advertisement

dg89

Rank 0
PostedMay 19, 2017 9:44 am
so u guys can change the EXP boost on voting. can we get candies back in dungeons lol? or at least have it where when we switch channels or maps our candy doesn't waste..

muckalex

Rank 0
muckalex
PostedMay 19, 2017 10:44 am

so u guys can change the EXP boost on voting. can we get candies back in dungeons lol? or at least have it where when we switch channels or maps our candy doesn't waste..  

For PvP too, please.

themylife

Rank 0
themylife
PostedMay 19, 2017 10:49 am
Ciega. wrote:
First and foremost, I'm sorry for double posting but I only just saw this.

Secondly, I would like to thank AGE for listening to the communities concerns regarding regular EXP boosts. However, I am unsure if this is the best way to go about it.

I would firstly like some clarification on what maps would be effected by this considering that a few mutated dungeons have a manual EXP boost of 150%.

Secondly, I'm wondering why this is all of a sudden an ultimatum? I don't see why both of these things cannot happen, they have happened before.

Thirdly, and most importantly, this seems to mostly effect people who cannot afford PR plvl or to grind in PR themselves, and people who cannot buy MPT runs or grind MPT themselves. Assuming this is only talking about the 71+ Elsaland Maps and Deepfathom, there are still a considerable amount of people who grind in those areas because they do not have the gear to do so elsewhere and cannot afford to do it elsewhere. -Pretentious voice- I would like this to be taken into consideration before that manual EXP is stricken away from people who can't choose the high route and do PR/MPT plvl.  

+1 to this, I dont see any reason if I should vote for x2 exp weekly and remove current exp boost.

Currently you benefit daily on boosts on some maps. We would like your opinion about removing them and give you instead a weekly boost (double xp) on all maps and dungeons every Monday from 11am (CEST) until Tuesday's maintenance. And of course, we'll still put some exp boosts from time to time during the weekend. Wink  

Its totally "not a smart thing to do", current situation is 71+ map get about 150% exp boost and dungeon from MPT+ get 115% exp boost. If this removed, higher player will have to wait til weekend if they wanna grind or plvl and that also affect for ppl who cant effort to get decent gear like Ciega previously mention. And this x2 exp basically is 100% exp boost which is less than current exp boost.

There is no point to remove a better exp boost to get the worse boost and only has it on weekend. If it was x3 exp then "maybe" ppl would reconsider filling that form.

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedMay 19, 2017 11:10 am
muckalex wrote:

For PvP too, please.  
To answer both of your questions to not derail my thread, Aeria did not take away candies. X-Legend, the developers did. Aeria cannot code candies back into the games themselves so please stop asking and please do not derail my thread.

~

walmazi

Rank 5.1
walmazi
PostedMay 19, 2017 11:13 am
I'll keep my response short; as with any business they are working within a model that they can provide us. The fact that they have looked at our previous experience thread and given us this proposal is in my opinion very good communication on their behalf.

Between the two options I think I would opt to keep the boosts as they are. Keep in mind levelling in GF is currently easier than ever; cheap euro gems, +50% exp guild buff and free 25% exp charms from the daily login/dailies.

I am highly skeptical of anyone having used all of the mentioned above, whom actively grinds and still fails to level.

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedMay 19, 2017 12:12 pm
walmazi wrote:
I'll keep my response short; as with any business they are working within a model that they can provide us. The fact that they have looked at our previous experience thread and given us this proposal is in my opinion very good communication on their behalf.

Between the two options I think I would opt to keep the boosts as they are. Keep in mind levelling in GF is currently easier than ever; cheap euro gems, +50% exp guild buff and free 25% exp charms from the daily login/dailies.

I am highly skeptical of anyone having used all of the mentioned above, whom actively grinds and still fails to level.  
My only qualm with this statement is that I know multiple people who have told me that they aren't leveling because it is too tedious/time consuming.

~

jader94

Rank 0
jader94
PostedMay 19, 2017 2:31 pm

random opinion

Why can't we just have both ??? I still remember back in 2010-2011 we used to have weekly exp boost every weekend , and a huge one monthly-every last weekend in the month , and that's how "new players" came and continued playing this game
Judging from how huge the level gap , between a new player , and a level 100 is , Your main focus should be how to make it easier for those new players to reach there , So they wouldn't give up half way realizing how tough it is to level( Ye , for someone new , it's way much harder to lvl than others knowing that they cant 2-3 Min run /wcm/MACV/mpt /mbfr/mft etc..)

Isn't the game super dead already?Same people making new alts...?
While i was doin elsland quests on maps , i saw how many "young bloods" struggle to kill stuff , i know games supposed to be challenging AND "and time consuming" , but at this ratio , lvling to 100 for them is just a hopeless dream
And you can see that most people who try the game , stop at lvl 75-80 then quit

Moral: Don't become like our goverments , You don't have to take inorder to give, Yes weekly exp boost will certainly bring more life into the game...

walmazi

Rank 5.1
walmazi
PostedMay 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Ciega. wrote:
My only qualm with this statement is that I know multiple people who have told me that they aren't leveling because it is too tedious/time consuming.  

This is also what I used to tell myself, then I tried. When I first started level I was not in a position to afford even the Euro gem, it was normal soul+divine to 88. (No joke though, for 5 of the 7 years I've played I haven't been over 80).

NihmKho

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
NihmKho
PostedMay 22, 2017 12:14 am
Maps with current boosts

• Saphael Maps (100%/2x EXP): Winterflake Forest, Ancient Polar Ruins, Auris Bay
  • All Deepfathom Maps (100%/2x EXP)
  • Mutated Dungeons (150%/2.5x EXP): MSMF, MPT, MBFR, MFT, MBK

For those of you who are confused about boosts, a boost indicates a multiplier added to the base exp (x EXP). These boosts have been present everyday.

What's being proposed? Take away the everyday multiplier and add a weekly boost of double xp (2x EXP) on Monday from 11:00AM CEST (6:00AM server time) until Tuesday's maintenance (10:00AM CEST/4:00AM server time). Or keep the multiplier in place, as is.

Now I'm not quite sure about the rest of you, but how many people grind on Monday? I understand there's the possibility of an additional boost on the weekends, but note how busy staff has been. And sure, higher level maps like PR will benefit most from this, but what about low levels who can't make it that far yet?

Don't think of it as an ultimatum, the GM wants to check-in to see what the player preference would be first before making a decision. I'm assuming it'd be easier to have a scheduled boost requested each week and insert in one command for all maps, but it'd be nice to have both, and ideally on a weekend.

"To believe with certainty we must begin by doubting." <br>[GS]Nyx - 100 Destroyer <br> Sacrosanct