justinfong8

Game Sage: Twin Saga
justinfong8
PostedMay 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Copy-paste by TWS Head of Product in an interview?

Story time! This morning, I was reading an AMA by the search engine findx. I searched up "twin saga" and stumbled upon this interview with the Head of Product.

The interview questions and answers seemed pretty standard, until I came to the question about the Terracottage.

Head of Product wrote:
The Terracottage is a mobile house in which an adventurer can socialize with friends, handle professions, or perform various tasks such as cooking, sewing, performing alchemy and more. It consists of three rooms: Main Hall, Greenhouse and Workshop. The Main Hall can be customized with furniture and decorations. You can invite friends to your own place or choose to go and visit their homes! What could be more fun than opening some chests together with your friends?  

Something seemed oddly familiar. The wiki has a page about the Terracottage, and they both have the same wording! What are the chances of that?

Interview wrote:
The Terracottage is a mobile house in which an adventurer can socialize with friends, handle professions, or perform various tasks such as cooking, sewing, performing alchemy and more. It consists of three rooms: Main Hall, Greenhouse and Workshop. The Main Hall can be customized with furniture and decorations.  
Wiki page wrote:

The Terracottage is a mobile house in which an adventurer can furnish, handle professions, socialize, and more.
The Terracottage consists of three rooms: Main Hall, Greenhouse and Workshop. Here players can perform various task (sic) and handle professions, such as cooking, sewing, alchemy and more.
The Main Hall is a wide-open space where players can customize with furniture and decorations.  

What is the publishing date of the interview? March 24, 2017
What is the last-edited date of the wiki's page on the Terracottage? November 2, 2016

Are the lines taken from the wiki, or has the wiki taken the information from one of Aeria's sources, and the interviewee is merely restating what information has been said by Aeria?
This wording is not present in the Terracottage's introductory video, page in the Astral Guide, or the Terracottage section of the teaser page.

Am I mistaken/is this incorrect? If it is indeed the case that the head of product has copied almost word-for-word information on one of the most basic aspects of the game, it is especially worrying.

(PS: You can see in the images in the interview that 1: the character has only leveled up to the point where the Terracottage is unlocked, and 2: the screenshotter does not know how to use hide the UI. I'm really hoping that "Goodfellow" isn't the interviewee.)
Advertisement

Meooooow

Rank 0
Meooooow
PostedMay 18, 2017 5:13 pm
Wiki admin here! I (personally) do not mind someone using the wiki's text. However, it is certainly does raise a few eyebrows if it is done by someone who should know the game well.

On another note, this is also an indication that many older pages need to be updated! For example, "sewing" is a term that we used prior to when the localizations were made known, and there are plenty of other things that can be added too.

nguyenr9g5v

Rank 0
nguyenr9g5v
PostedMay 19, 2017 9:03 am
Hey, at least someone actually used the wiki kappa :^)

But yes, it is questionable indeed. If this truly is the case, they should really step up their game.

walmazi

Rank 5.1
walmazi
PostedMay 20, 2017 3:30 am
I think this raises more questions about the conducted interview. Did they do it or did they just come to an agreement that 'x' from the the team would answer the interview questions that f2p.com.

It doesn't seem like a mistake the head of product would make so I suspect it's a new employee assigned to media representation who has yet to learn how easy it is to catch plagiarism.

Pity because if it were any other field, there'd be answers to this, explanations and clarifications made clear to the public.