boxman15

Rank 0
PostedSep 08, 2016 3:01 am

Re: Changes To The Forum Layout

Currently In Progress
CM_Cryss wrote:
o/

I'm currently working on improving the overall layout of the forums, improving the ease of use and helping you find the content you're looking for lot faster.

You'll see that we've implemented quite a few changes to the forum index, a list of these can be seen below.

REMOVED:
- A number of titles that we no longer license
- The international board under general (since we have international forums)

MOVED:
- Goal One has been moved to the Mobile board
- A large number of browser games have been moved to the Browser folder

ALTERED:
- Leisure Activities under General has been changed to an off topic board.

ADDED:
- An official suggestions board on the Aeria Games board (please use this for general suggestions, since games have their own specific suggestion boards)

Jellyfish10001 has also been trawling the boards helping to remove out of date announcements, locking old threads and making sure that things that are so out of date they've become irrelevant are gone. So please join me in giving her a big thank you for her efforts!

Please bear in mind that this is an ongoing process (there's still a fair chunk to be done), ] there are still a lot of changes and fine tuning to be done, to that end I would appreciate any feedback you have in improving the overall layout of the boards.

Laters!  
Advertisement

cat_2233

Rank 0
PostedNov 27, 2016 10:35 am
i came in like a wercking ball......

IMTM

Rank 3
IMTM
PostedDec 07, 2016 3:45 am
cat_2233 wrote:
i came in like a wercking ball......  

sep08 then November 27 . Interesting :3

Do you love cats ?

ullaperninger

Rank 0
ullaperninger
PostedFeb 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Layout

This is so cute!
Frickerr wrote:
Jellyfish10001 wrote:
Frickerr wrote:
None of those are changes worthy of noting.

To name a few:
- Fix the no notification PM system
- Put a limit on quote in quote
- Fix the SB 83fk bug
- Fix the multiquotes breaking the entire page
- Editing a post deletes your signature
- No autolock on old threads, it's so much fun to bump 3 year old threads lemme tell you
- Using the actual general discussion page built into the forum instead of making everything a subforum.

Locking and deleting old threads is general maintenance of a forum, not fixing it.  

I've noticed over the past few weeks that the PM system has been fixed, and now properly gives notifications when you're browsing the forums, not just when you click and go to your inbox.

I know that we are still running a very old version of forum software, so as for fixing these other issues, I'm not sure there's much that Cryss can do (in reference to multi-quotes, etc.)

As for general discussion pages and sub-forums, that would require more forum re-organization, but that's a good point - we don't necessarily need locked discussion areas with sub-forums above them.  

It wouldn't be as much effort as everyone keeps complaining about. You already move and lock a hundred topics a day what difference would it make that you move a few hundred to the real GD.  

Sherazan

Rank 0
Sherazan
PostedApr 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Long time "forum lurker" here and probably late to the party. However, I wish Aeria Games would release a total new design/overhaul to the forum. In my opinion it's simply not up-to-date anymore and just seems clunky. a more enjoyable, good looking and more inviting design would be really appreciated. This design and layout just lacks on every corner and deserves a fresh 2017 overhaul.

ullaperninger

Rank 0
ullaperninger
PostedApr 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Nice

Wow really? Didnt notice but thats is great!

"Life is a game"

marsh.phan.123

Rank 0
PostedSep 28, 2017 1:33 am
It looks great to me