PM_Charly

Aeria: Product Manager
PM_Charly
PostedApr 12, 2017 9:53 am

Producer Letter - April 2017

It is time to bury the bad and be reborn from the ashes.
Hello everyone!

Feel free to comment, share or ask anything related to the Producer Letter.
We will try to answer as much as we can.

Sincerely,
Shaiya team
Advertisement

Terapod

GameSage: Shaiya
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:11 am   Last edited by Terapod on Apr 12, 2017 11:03 am. Edited 6 times in total
thank you for the long expected update and welcome to the community!

My first questions would be:

• Does the unification of different territories includes a merge as long term goal (besides unifying the clients and services?
  • "Bug fixing" - would it be possible to make a transparent list with rough description of which bug has already been reported / fixed? This would safe others and me some time reporting

Thx to former PM Charybdis!

Zao.

Rank 0
Zao.
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:16 am
Thank you for this update. Automated GM services sounds really good idea. Smile

nemmy1

Rank 0
nemmy1
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:24 am
Hello & welcome!

necaxa1

EOS Founder
necaxa1
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:28 am
BUT, BUT , BUT did you bring your Angels?

magjake

Rank 4
magjake
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:35 am

PvP system: Shaiya PvP is amazing and there are a lot of interesting things we can do. Can you imagine a time-limited ranking with exclusive rewards? A Battle Royale map? 5v5 arena? Special bosses for PvP?  
no to the time limited ranking unless it adds up to the current scores.. sure to everything else. but i still prefer (party vs party) for that 5v5 Smile.

ALSO.. very important that you DO NOT change how the pvp system works. the only thing keeping people in shaiya atm is the fact that the pvp here is unique. you cannot get this type of pvp anywhere else. if that changes then u will lose another good chunk of players.. u can introduce new gears and level caps/bosses/skills/maps. as u want. BUT do not change the pvp system. people will adapt to those changes but not if the system itself is changed.

Seasonal content: What about bringing back those seasonal events? Halloween, Christmas, Easter…  
yes please.. bring these back. i miss having dark and gloomy maps for halloween

And a Legendary item? Completing epic and hard quests chains, fighting new bosses… This can be priceless!  
sure. we need some New PVE content. 90% of players forgot what PVE is.. may i suggest Adding incentive to leveling OUTSIDE of jungle?. you guys did the lapis and lapsia in lower map and thats nice but higher maps are still empty.

In-game security: Everyone is tired of dealing with fake GS/GMs. A lot of stolen accounts and scams happen because of it. Even though we repeatedly inform players that neither GMs nor GSs will ever ask for your login information, a lot of players are still falling for the scam. We will therefore make sure that everyone will be able to easily identify our staff inside the game.  

want justice for those who lost their accounts due to security issues to have their items restored. would be a great start for this. shouldnt be too hard.. track it down and return it. if you cant find it. make a duplicate of it and give it to the player..

Discord: We are going to set up a Discord server for Shaiya. All players will be invited to join and use it, and the whole team will be there for you during our work shifts. However, I can not promise a huge support from them just yet, as our workload is still high. In the future, one of the things we will do here are Q&A sessions. Discord is a good and transparent way to be in contact with our players on a daily and direct basis.  
bad idea.. trust me.. voice chat in this game. you wont get many actual Q and A but you will get ticket number spams and random stuff spam. nothing to do with the actual game.

GM presence: One of our main focuses is to reduce the team’s workload, so that we can focus more on the community and be present in the game. We want to be as close to you as we can, and collect information and feedback from the best source: our players.  
yay. can we start by forums? appearing in forums actually does alot more than most would think. and its one of the best ways to show that you're around other than popping into game every now and then.

thats all i wanted to Quote.

some other things i wanted to touch is Optimization?. the game is old, theres no doubt about that.. and it does not support newer systems and Graphics cards etc.. any news on an update to fix this?. i know this part is hard but surely you could do SOMETHING with it xD you do have the source code after all... imo this is the most important thing to do first.. fix the Optimization so players can play at more than 10 fps in PVP.. once that is fixed do anything u want xD

Welcome to shaiya. feel free to ask around. many vets here willing to help out with questions/game mechanics. myself included. few others linger around too

necaxa1

EOS Founder
necaxa1
PostedApr 12, 2017 10:47 am
Charly Please make me GM, I can help LOTS>............ Smile NO PAY NEEDED

mcfatty15

Rank 2
mcfatty15
PostedApr 12, 2017 11:26 am
the player left in this game have heard all these lie many, many times before. lies you say but I'm being honest! ya, heard that before too, every time there is a change in staff the same stuff gets said and we buy it and then buy at EoM only to have the same results a short time later. I have NO faith in the management of this game but perhaps you can prove I'm wrong. and I agree with the last poster if you change the PVP you will see a large decline in players.

PM_Charly

Aeria: Product Manager
PM_Charly
PostedApr 12, 2017 11:40 am
Terapod wrote:
thank you for the long expected update and welcome to the community!

My first questions would be:

• Does the unification of different territories includes a merge as long term goal (besides unifying the clients and services?
  • "Bug fixing" - would it be possible to make a transparent list with rough description of which bug has already been reported / fixed? This would safe others and me some time reporting

Thx to former PM Charybdis!  

- For the moment no. Regardless all the challenges we have to face, each of the territories is pretty stable. We are not thinking about merges between them.
- Yes, we aim to build Shaiya together with the community. This is absolutely an interesting thing to do. For the moment, we won't collect any feedback and we won't involve you, the community. We have enough stuff to take care of in a short term.

Zao. wrote:
Thank you for this update. Automated GM services sounds really good idea. Smile  

Yes, it is. We will free time from our GM team which will be translated in more community support.

nemmy1 wrote:
Hello & welcome!  

Hello nemmy! Thanks a lot for the welcome!

necaxa1 wrote:
BUT, BUT , BUT did you bring your Angels?  

Yes Very Happy The Shaiya team is ready for the challenge!

necaxa1 wrote:
Charly Please make me GM, I can help LOTS>............ Smile NO PAY NEEDED  

Unfortunately, we already have the Angels we need!

magjake wrote:
no to the time limited ranking unless it adds up to the current scores.. sure to everything else. but i still prefer (party vs party) for that 5v5 Smile. ALSO.. very important that you DO NOT change how the pvp system works. the only thing keeping people in shaiya atm is the fact that the pvp here is unique. you cannot get this type of pvp anywhere else. if that changes then u will lose another good chunk of players.. u can introduce new gears and level caps/bosses/skills/maps. as u want. BUT do not change the pvp system. people will adapt to those changes but not if the system itself is changed.  

We will have time to think about this.
We won't touch anything that is working or you like, that's for sure.

magjake wrote:
sure. we need some New PVE content. 90% of players forgot what PVE is.. may i suggest Adding incentive to leveling OUTSIDE of jungle?. you guys did the lapis and lapsia in lower map and thats nice but higher maps are still empty.  

We will try to incentive all the fronts as much as we can. Another of the topics in mind from the team, is to change drops.

magjake wrote:
want justice for those who lost their accounts due to security issues to have their items restored. would be a great start for this. shouldnt be too hard.. track it down and return it. if you cant find it. make a duplicate of it and give it to the player..  

Unfortunately, each user is responsible of their account. We checked already this point, and most of the accounts stolen, are because of out of our control reasons. We won't aim to individual solutions. We will get directly into the roots of the problem.

magjake wrote:
bad idea.. trust me.. voice chat in this game. you wont get many actual Q and A but you will get ticket number spams and random stuff spam. nothing to do with the actual game.  

Discord is something many games here are using with very decent feedbacks. We checked our options and we believe can work for Shaiya. We just need to set-up clear rules and anti-spam measures. However, if doesn't work, we can always go back to previous methods.

magjake wrote:
yay. can we start by forums? appearing in forums actually does alot more than most would think. and its one of the best ways to show that you're around other than popping into game every now and then.  

Yes, you will definitely see improvements in this side. However, for the moment, is not a priority. We also need to clean the forums, there is a lot of out-dated information.

magjake wrote:
some other things i wanted to touch is Optimization?. the game is old, theres no doubt about that.. and it does not support newer systems and Graphics cards etc.. any news on an update to fix this?. i know this part is hard but surely you could do SOMETHING with it xD you do have the source code after all... imo this is the most important thing to do first.. fix the Optimization so players can play at more than 10 fps in PVP.. once that is fixed do anything u want xD  

I am aware of this. We will look into it.

mcfatty15 wrote:
the player left in this game have heard all these lie many, many times before. lies you say but I'm being honest! ya, heard that before too, every time there is a change in staff the same stuff gets said and we buy it and then buy at EoM only to have the same results a short time later. I have NO faith in the management of this game but perhaps you can prove I'm wrong. and I agree with the last poster if you change the PVP you will see a large decline in players.  

You are right.

Can't say much here a part of proving you, our players, what we are capable of.

It's our time to move.

--------
Leaving the office now, will answer the rest tomorrow! Keep shooting!

mcfatty15

Rank 2
mcfatty15
PostedApr 12, 2017 11:45 am
can you assure the players that when BLESS launches we wont be treated the way we where when EOS launched. by that I mean left with no GM communication because they where all working on EOS.