bobberten

Rank 1
bobberten
PostedDec 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Tips for newcoming SO player

help an SO newbie please
Hi, ever since I started playing this game in 2009, I've always been an unlimited player. Nowadays, unlimited mode is getting boring to me. I barely run into any good games anymore; it's almost always one sided. Either my opposing team is full of amateurs or my team is full of amateurs. So I decided to make a change and start playing SO mode along with my friend to broaden our horizons. Now I came back to this forum to ask for your guys' tips on SO mode, any tips would be fine as long as they are genuine. Thanks in advance Very Happy

(Also, I know this is in the wrong section. But I'm also looking for a friendly/casual SO clan. I need new friends to play with. =( If anyone can offer me an invitation to one of their clans that would be great. Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you guys)

Hi I'm Bobber* :D
Advertisement

childslife24

Rank 0
PostedDec 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Tips for newcoming SO player

help an SO newbie please
bobberten wrote:
it's almost always one sided. Either my opposing team is full of amateurs or my team is full of amateurs. So I decided to make a change and start playing SO mode along with my friend to broaden our horizons.  

About that... your chances of running into this situation are higher in SO. Unless some of your friends play SO, you'll find it very annoying to deal with.

Also, what mode are you going to play? TD or DM? What setup are you going with? HP or SP? Are you a rusher/ supporter/ defender?
I don't really have tips for chaser as I don't see it as a mode.

I'm not really good... Scratch that, I'm barely average. I casually play TD and do ps duels when I have the time but playstyle is all about common sense. I may or may not be able to give you some tips.

bobberten

Rank 1
bobberten
PostedDec 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Tips for newcoming SO player

help an SO newbie please
childslife24 wrote:
bobberten wrote:
it's almost always one sided. Either my opposing team is full of amateurs or my team is full of amateurs. So I decided to make a change and start playing SO mode along with my friend to broaden our horizons.  

About that... your chances of running into this situation are higher in SO. Unless some of your friends play SO, you'll find it very annoying to deal with.

Also, what mode are you going to play? TD or DM? What setup are you going with? HP or SP? Are you a rusher/ supporter/ defender?
I don't really have tips for chaser as I don't see it as a mode.

I'm not really good... Scratch that, I'm barely average. I casually play TD and do ps duels when I have the time but playstyle is all about common sense. I may or may not be able to give you some tips.  

I'm probably gonna be playing TD. The setup I usually play is TB, dagger, CS, hp30.

childslife24

Rank 0
PostedDec 27, 2016 5:46 am
Tb hmmm... Dunno what you can do with that.
You didn't mention your position so I can't say much.

Basic stuff:
- When you're low, do your best to kill or damage your opponents as much as possible, don't think about defending your goal post because you'll most likely fail.

- When you're low and you DO have the ball while your team mate is dead, stall for time (don't just go stairs or ramp, keep moving back and forth) then reset. Don't be THAT guy who solos every single play then blame/ kick/ insult his team mate.

- Try to get into CPBD/CPD. I know you might not like it and it's not obligatory, but chances are you're going to get kicked from most rooms if you use TB. It's not hard to use ps either, just stun them to death and enjoy them raging!

-Try learning Recovery Sprint, Speed Counter Attack and IWJS. It'll cut you some slack and save your life in many situations.

Nothing else comes to mind, those tips are too general too but everything comes with experience, lose 10 to win 10.

bobberten

Rank 1
bobberten
PostedDec 27, 2016 5:41 pm
childslife24 wrote:
Tb hmmm... Dunno what you can do with that.
You didn't mention your position so I can't say much.

Basic stuff:
- When you're low, do your best to kill or damage your opponents as much as possible, don't think about defending your goal post because you'll most likely fail.

- When you're low and you DO have the ball while your team mate is dead, stall for time (don't just go stairs or ramp, keep moving back and forth) then reset. Don't be THAT guy who solos every single play then blame/ kick/ insult his team mate.

- Try to get into CPBD/CPD. I know you might not like it and it's not obligatory, but chances are you're going to get kicked from most rooms if you use TB. It's not hard to use ps either, just stun them to death and enjoy them raging!

-Try learning Recovery Sprint, Speed Counter Attack and IWJS. It'll cut you some slack and save your life in many situations.

Nothing else comes to mind, those tips are too general too but everything comes with experience, lose 10 to win 10.  

Sorry I forgot to include my position in my last post. Most likely I'll be a rusher. And so far TBs have been working for me so I'll stick with that, but I will also consider your tip about getting into CPBD/CPD.

I appreciate your time for giving me the tips. Thank you.

bobberten

Rank 1
bobberten
PostedApr 10, 2017 10:52 pm
.push

GS_Heiliger

GameSage: S4League
GS_Heiliger
PostedApr 10, 2017 10:56 pm
Also, in here. Don't revive them