gm_erashnak

Game Master
gm_erashnak
PostedFeb 17, 2017 9:06 am   Last edited by gm_erashnak on Feb 17, 2017 12:44 pm. Edited 4 times in total

GS recruitment 2017 - Short list!

Announcement end: Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm
Hello everyone,

After much discussion and deliberation, we're ready to post our new Short List of GS recruits.

Note: These players are not yet on the Game Sage team but will spend some time in a training phase. They will not be "tagged" and are not yet officially a GS.

Each of these players have the potential to be great Game Sages. The first step of their entry into the team will be a training phase. Our current GS will work with them to build on their current knowledge and skills in order to help all of you guys (the players!). As always, please remember to be kind to your GS team. They are here to help, they are all human (I think, at least) and they use their spare time to help you!

Without further ado...

Acc Name --- Char Name(s)
Dade9613 ------ VAFER
hanyuu.hauu ------ KummerLied / Ririshii
KuraiShade ------ Darkshade
rikumiku23 ------ Meliselle / Jyuroku

Congratulations to all the new recruits! Work hard, learn lots.

As always, if you have any feedback you'd like to submit about the current GS or recruits post it here (GM only).

Thanks to everyone who applied. Sorry that we could not accept more recruits at this time.

For all the new recruits: please pass along your skype account name to a current Game Sage.

Best,
GM Era
Advertisement

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedFeb 17, 2017 10:56 am
I would like to further the notion that Kurai must henseforth be known as [GS]hade or his candidacy should be invalid.

I shoot rainbows out of my butt.

Fleckchen14

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2017 11:49 am
Sry Era, but this is like the worst decisions for GS. One of them claims to speak the english language while he cant proberly do it. Most of them are flaming the whole day and maybe don't even have ideas of how this game works. This is bad. GS nowadays are just useless. There are like only 1-3 GS u can talk to, and now there are even more u cant. RIP Gf.

People with the potential for becoming a GS just get a no because of unimportant reasons. Thats unfair.

"Hey you, when'd ya get so cold? Hey you, just do what you're told, do what you're told. Hey you, you're gonna be a star. As long as you let us we'll make you the person that you aren't." ~ ADTR, Life @ 11

daveyp112

Rank 0
daveyp112
PostedFeb 17, 2017 11:59 am
In my honest opinion, Darkshade is a real good choice, and the only here... All others won on, popularity? -Which this shouldnt be?-

The only problem with this chosing is, that it is funny that a lot of GSes are now from 1 guild... The others on this list are players that havent even played the game for more than half (Cause they dont like pvp, or they dont like dungeons, or they dont like quests) and are lazy.

Yeah most of the GSes are not capable of being GS as of now, and looking for new ones is a good thing.

You said it yourself to me before, GSes are players and make mistakes too... but i have repeatedly heard that some of our current GSes, and also some on the shortlist flamed other players. I know i myself are not always better at this, but honestly... this list is just wow - no words -

HalloAll

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:08 pm
When I saw the list the first time I thought you were joking. There are very good and qualified applicants ... I cannot understand that. Very sad to see. Btw, I think there are enough English GS, we do need German and Italian.

LuffySkynight

Rank 0
LuffySkynight
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:23 pm
Congratulations to who made it there. \ o /

As to answer to who posted a reply, Uhm. I felt like I needed to drop a few useful tidbits, from my experience around those selected candidates.

VAFER is Italian, first off. Get off his butt please, his English is pretty good as well, for I have spoken to him prior to discovering his Nationality, in such language. I have not seen him flame, either. I know he can commit to these duties, since I'm getting to know him better... ( ' - ' ) b

KummerLied/Ririshii does not lack the experience either, a great choice backed up with talent. She's qualified. Get off her butt as well, please. She doesn't flame, the opposite I'd dare to say? And I've known her for long enough to know? She's always put effort, heck, I've seen her blaze on a character from some level higher than 90 to 100 in less than a week. A few days even. She can commit.

Darkshade does have the popularity, that's admittable, but does that make him any less qualified? Last night he was even asking about animations-and feedback about them. Wheter they're bugged or not, slower than intended and the such-He's not lazy.

As for Meliselle-I cannot say much about them, but my guess is that they have the talent, if they were picked?

Lastly? All from the same guild? Uhm. What? Ex... Cuse me? Did I read that sentence wrong? At best, two of them might be in the same guild-and it beats me who might be as I currently have no clue. (If we exclude Mishii and Nyx.)

PS: I know for a fact that all of them do PvP(At the very least), Dungeons and the such. Not liking it doesn't mean they won't do it, no?
In short, some comments are rather wild, and filled with Salt(?).

My congratulations to who was picked, once more!

GS_Seeker

Global Game Sage
GS_Seeker
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:32 pm   Last edited by GS_Seeker on Feb 17, 2017 12:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I hope that is suitable among all these complaints: Congratulations to you all! Wink

Fleckchen14

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:36 pm
LuffySkynight wrote:
Congratulations to who made it there. \ o /

As to answer to who posted a reply, Uhm. I felt like I needed to drop a few useful tidbits, from my experience around those selected candidates.

VAFER is Italian, first off. Get off his butt please, his English is pretty good as well, for I have spoken to him prior to discovering his Nationality, in such language. I have not seen him flame, either. I know he can commit to these duties, since I'm getting to know him better... ( ' - ' ) b

KummerLied/Ririshii does not lack the experience either, a great choice backed up with talent. She's qualified. Get off her butt as well, please. She doesn't flame, the opposite I'd dare to say? And I've known her for long enough to know? She's always put effort, heck, I've seen her blaze on a character from some level higher than 90 to 100 in less than a week. A few days even. She can commit.

Darkshade does have the popularity, that's admittable, but does that make him any less qualified? Last night he was even asking about animations-and feedback about them. Wheter they're bugged or not, slower than intended and the such-He's not lazy.

As for Meliselle-I cannot say much about them, but my guess is that they have the talent, if they were picked?

Lastly? All from the same guild? Uhm. What? Ex... Cuse me? Did I read that sentence wrong? At best, two of them might be in the same guild-and it beats me who might be as I currently have no clue. (If we exclude Mishii and Nyx.)

PS: I know for a fact that all of them do PvP(At the very least), Dungeons and the such. Not liking it doesn't mean they won't do it, no?
In short, some comments are rather wild, and filled with Salt(?).

My congratulations to who was picked, once more!  

Fact is that there were SO MANY better participants for GS' than those. The only one I can admit is Darkshade because he kind of know alot of things and is always helpful, even without being a GS.

But i cant understand the other ones. And I'm not the only one with this.
Also alot of people, including me, feel like there's 1 guild where the ppl choose the participants for GS recruitment, because it's of their guild. And that's not the point. It's unfair and irresponsable, just more useless GS.

"Hey you, when'd ya get so cold? Hey you, just do what you're told, do what you're told. Hey you, you're gonna be a star. As long as you let us we'll make you the person that you aren't." ~ ADTR, Life @ 11

Fleckchen14

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:39 pm
LuffySkynight wrote:

And I wont say anything about this. VAFER often flamed alot of people I know, u can't even talk to him if there is any problem. Also he did alot of things that werent correct, so that's my least choice as a GS, doesnt matter if he's Italian or not.

gm_erashnak

Game Master
gm_erashnak
PostedFeb 17, 2017 12:55 pm
Hey guys,

As much as I admire constructive feedback -- please don't take this thread down a negative path.

If you'd like to provide feedback regarding a specific Game Sage or recruit, feel free to drop me a forum PM, in-game mail or via the google form linked in the original post.

To explain some of the recruitment thought process: First of all, we didn't receive a massive amount of applications (about 40). We are looking for people who will be active and have proven to be active. It's not easy being a GS and I honestly think many capable people did not submit applications for a variety of reasons. Being a GS is more than "having knowledge", "being in X or Y guild" or "knowing language X or Y". It's a complicated process and I've gone over the applications that were posted in great detail.

On another note: I've looked at the accounts from some of the negative posters in this thread... even though you may have reason to be mad that you weren't given a spot on this list, please calm your anger.

If you have constructive feedback, please feel free to pass it along to me.

It's in everyone's best interest to build a strong Game Sage team. It benefits all players and the entire game, it's one reason that GF has had a strong community (in-game and out) for so many years, even though some people won't or refuse to see that fact.

I hope this provides a bit of insight, sorry that I can't be more specific.

Best,
GM Era