GS_HatsuKoi

GameSage: S4League
GS_HatsuKoi
PostedOct 04, 2016 5:39 am   Last edited by GS_HatsuKoi on May 23, 2017 9:54 am. Edited 5 times in total

[Guide] General Technical Issues

Read me before creating a new thread

Firstly thanks to Mr.xRaz0r for allowing me to add in any new information from his thread in the German forum

Please use Control+F and type your problem. You can reply to the thread if the solution given doesn’t work and we'll try to update it or if it’s not there.

Note that the Firefox browser isn't always showing the BBcode correctly.

Contents

In this guide the following is covered:

• Introduction - Things to check
  • Newer issues (things that might have happened since the creation of the last Technical thread)
  • Installer issues
  • Launcher issues
  • XignCode related problems
  • Ingame related problems
  • Billing problems

Introduction - Things to check

S4 League can be downloaded from the site or directly from here.

To run the game, you will need to make sure of several things:

• Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 9 or higher for playing a game from Aeria Games. It doesn't matter if your DEFAULT browser is different.
  • Run the game through patcher.exe. This is found in the 'S4League' folder.
  • Run the game with Administrator privileges.
  • Allow the game through your firewall and your antivirus by adding the S4 League folder to the exceptions.
  • If you get a popup message saying something about “Akamai needs permission”, please allow it (the game downloads Akamai too).
  • In some cases, make sure you’re using a new client.
  • Make sure you're selecting a flag in the launcher (If you were playing S4 with a language that was supported before, e.g. Spanish, Italian or Russian, you will most likely get this problem)

Additionally, you will need the latest driver for your graphic card. Depending on which graphic card model you have, you can download them under these links:

Other problems:
You will not be able to play from the selected countries (You will get Failed to connect to server (Timeout)”:

There are a few other IP banned countries too so if you're playing from a country that's not on this list, feel free to reply below.

According to PM_CommanderMoustache, they are discussing access from non-licenced countries to this version of S4. The news is here. Just to make sure - This possibility is not definite.

Also, make sure the game is not in a maintenance. There is one every Tuesday unless stated otherwise. Please check the shout box and webpage when this happens.

Newer issues

I want to play S4 with an account with Alaplaya/P7S1:
Currently there is no migration available for you and you will need to make a new account with Aeria Games.

I want to use loot box but neither Ignite or on the webpage is working:
The lootbox has been disabled due to the implementation of the daily login rewards but it might be available on special occassions again from here

Installer issues
I’m downloading S4 and I get one of the following errors:

• ak_error
  • Network failure
  • S4 will not download (downloading stuck)
  • Invalid version

Check if you are allowing Akamai Netsession Interface through your antivirus and firewall and uninstall Akamai after that

For uninstalling Akamai open the Control Panel > choose "Uninstall a program" > double click Akamai Netsession interface to start the uninstall setup

S4League didn't fully install:

In case the S4 installs to fast and the folder is only few MB's big, then delete S4League alltogether with the whole S4League folder. After that, try to reinstall the game with administrator rights again or choose another path folder for the installation.

Launcher issues

Most of these can be solved by resetting your IE settings (the launcher uses IE as a default):

Click on the Start menu > type in the search bar: internet > Click on internet options > go to the advanced tab > check delete personal settings > reset button

For Windows 8/8.1/10: Open IE press Alt + X > Internet Options > Advanced tab > reset tab > delete personal settings > reset button

"test.aeriagames.com":

This should look like the regular popup where you type in your login ID and your password. "Test.aeriagames" should be right at the top.

To solve this you need to reinstall the game into another folder, that isn't a system directory (for example C:\Program Filesx86\..).

Failed to extract patch file:

Delete the content of your backup folder and restart the patcher again. Keep on repeating that until you got all patches installed.

The other solution is check your internet connection, it might be too slow to run S4. Check your wireless/cable connection or try restarting your modem/wireless. You can check your connection with this. Our recommendation is to have a cable connection over wireless connection.

Sound card was not installed properly:
You might need to update your drivers.

If that doesn't work check that you have a sound output connected - Check for a jack in green (plugging in headphones is enough for testing).

If you don't have a sound card or integrated sound on your motherboard, you can emulate the sound driver with a respective software but notice that we don't support this workaround and we may not be able to help you using it.

Capcha when I log in to Aeria Games is missing:

Click on the Start menu > type in the search bar: internet > Click on internet options > go to the advanced tab > Scroll down on the menu to ‘Multimedia’ and tick ‘Show Pictures’

Game isn't starting and XignCode disappears from Task Manager after few seconds:
There are 3 possible reasons for this issue to happen:

1. You haven't choosen a language on the launcher.
  2. Your drivers or system aren't up to date, especially your graphic card driver (read the Introduction to this thread for more information) and assure that you have everything installed from windows updates.
  3. There's a software or system update on your local machine that doesn't work well with S4. Check your Windows update history and your installed softwares, sort them by date and compare the installation day to the day since this issue started and remove it. Doing a system restore could also solve the issue but notice that drivers might not be up to date anymore.

If you can exclude step 1 and 2 and you aren't sure on how to follow step 3, create a thread in the Technical Support section or contact a GS directly for further assistance.

XignCode related problems

You're free to send a ticket to Wellbia in form of email about XignCode and they can look at your Task Manager > Processes to see which program is the conflicting one. You're able to post in the Technical Support section of the forums too on the issue.
Their contact e-mail address is : support@wellbia.com

Some of of the errors that might occur are listed here. Please follow the instructions provided.

If your error isn't listed on wellbia's homepage, create a thread in the Technical Support section for further assistance.

Please try to delete your xmag.xem file in your Xigncode folder and try again!

If it doesn't work, try to reinstall your game for overwriting your xigncode folder.

In-game related problems

Failed to join a relay server tunnel
The connection with the game server has been terminated
You could be trying to log in during a maintenance. S4 has one most Tuesdays at 10AM CET.

Depending on the timing of the "connection with the game server has been terminated" problem, please look at the shout box.

I don’t see any text in game:
On the launcher select a language flag in the bottom left corner.

This solution also fixes the problem of S4 not loading if you used to have Spanish, Russian or Italian as the main language. Neither of these languages are available with S4 anymore so you will need to choose the best language for you from the flags at the bottom of the launcher screen.

I want to change the resolution from outside the game:
Go to your s4 folder under C:\AeriaGames\S4League and delete the file “s4UserData.s4”

My status is showing Combi Level Legend but I can't purchase the master set:
Reload your s4 and it will show your original combi level.

My game goes over the screen when I'm trying to play with 4k resolution:
S4 isn't yet optimized to be played in 4k but there is a workaround for that.
While setting your system up to 4k, the dpi rate for icons/text size is automatically set to 400%, to allow an improved user friendliness,but we want to have it on 100% instead because the client isn't able to scale the resolution on its own.

Follow these instructions to change the dpi rate manually:
Open the control panel > click on "All Controll Panel Items" > Display > change DPI to 100% > apply > restart your computer.

Note that everything might appear small after the changes took effect. Always ask yourself, if it's fine playing S4 in 4k while everything else is smaller than usual or not.

My game is taking too long to start:
There are 2 possible reasons for a delayed start:

1. Connection issues:

• Check your wireless/cabled connection if it's fast enough to run S4. Eventually restart your router/access point

2. Hardware issues:

• It isn't always easy to change hardware but here are a few hints that you can take for using the capacity of your hardware to the fullest. Close all your background programs that you don't need to play and eventually disable them from autostart.

• For Windows 7 users: Press your Windows button on your keyboard + R together and type "msconfig" > got to the tab "Startup" > Uncheck everything you don't want to have running > Restart your computer.

• For Windows 8/8.1/10 users: Open your task manager by pressing ctrl + alt + delete > Task Manager > click on the tab "Autostart" > right click on the process you want to have disabled > click on disable > restart your computer.

• Another possible solution is to delete the file "s4UserData.s4" in your S4League folder to reset your resolution. The game starts faster with a lower resolution than with a bigger one.

Note: The disabled programs can still be started without issues. We just avoided that they start on their own.

I didn't receive my 100% booster from my lv 19/40 capsule:
The Korean version of this game had these boosters implemented in their level up capsules but we didn't receive it on our version except for the updated capsule information.

I didn't receive my level up capsule:
This issue sometimes happen when you level up in a room with the friendly mode restriction but no worries, send a ticket to our support team here and they will send the missing capsule.

Wrong version. Please restart and try again:

This error means that you haven't patched your game yet. Please restart and wait few seconds on the launcher until it starts downloading the patch/patches.

Black screen after choosing a server:
This means that your graphic card isn't working with your current ingame resolution. Delete the s4UserData.s4 file in your S4 League folder and experiment until you have found your optimal resolution to play without getting a black screen.  

Billing related problems

Firstly GMs cannot help you in AP related problems. Billing is a different department and has a different waiting time - up to 72 hours from when a new ticket is sent OR when you replied to an existing ticket.

A FAQ about Billing is here

Common problems are as follows:

ERROR

This can occur for several reasons:
- When the details of your accounts are different.
- Billing is having a maintenance

-1/-2/Inactive

These problems should disappear within 40 minutes. If it doesn't, send a ticket to Billing here

By further questions, new technical issues and assistance you can contact [GS]Heiliger directly or write below this thread.
Advertisement

GS_HatsuKoi

GS_HatsuKoi
PostedOct 18, 2016 9:54 am
-Bump-

Updated as of 18 October 2016. The last thread was unsticked and can be found here

Takeshi1125

Rank 0
PostedNov 18, 2016 4:15 am
well is malaysia in the ip banned country list cuz i cant connect the server this whole day?! It show when i want to enter english 1 server, 'the connection with game server been terminated'.

Letriscious

Rank 0
Letriscious
PostedNov 18, 2016 9:56 am
Takeshi1125 wrote:
well is malaysia in the ip banned country list cuz i cant connect the server this whole day?! It show when i want to enter english 1 server, 'the connection with game server been terminated'.  

Many countries are IP banned. Lol

GS_HatsuKoi

GS_HatsuKoi
PostedNov 18, 2016 11:21 am
Takeshi1125 wrote:

As far as I know it is. Howeverrrrr, since you get that message and not a "failed to connect" message you can try two things:
- Uninstall the game and reinstall it
- Send in a ticket to double check

Claymorexz

Rank 4
Claymorexz
PostedNov 18, 2016 12:38 pm
I still without get what have i to do on the launcher for fix the blank page.

https://s20.postimg.org/lh0lvqa59/Sin_t_tulo.jpg

the traduction is "the page you are searching for is not available."

GS_Heiliger

GS_Heiliger
PostedNov 18, 2016 12:58 pm
Claymorexz wrote:

Can you start the game anyway? You can try to do the internet explorer settings reset mentioned above

Claymorexz

Rank 4
Claymorexz
PostedNov 20, 2016 2:06 am
GS_Heiliger wrote:
Claymorexz wrote:

Can you start the game anyway? You can try to do the internet explorer settings reset mentioned above  

Okay, i fixed it , thanks

GS_Heiliger

GS_Heiliger
PostedNov 20, 2016 9:06 am
Thread updated regarding Auth server and Relay server issues

Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedNov 20, 2016 9:21 am
You don't have to press esc at the same time. You just have to click on the popup to make it an active window and then press ESC to cancel the window.