Hella_from_Hell

S4 Fumbi Rangers
Hella_from_Hell
PostedMay 03, 2016 5:54 am
nightmarish5 wrote:
Hella_from_Hell wrote:
DatNoctiS wrote:
I'm sure everyone would like having a tournament for less experienced teams, I would too, considering I don't stand a chance competing with the best anymore either.

However, I've been doing this for years, and I can say that people are quick to complain, yet very slow in actually doing something.

Sure, s5 could do something like an "amateur series" but do they get paid for the work they put into the tournaments? No. Do they have a giant staff capable of handling 2-3 tournaments at once? No.
I mean we want sword only, we want amateur series, we want casual tournaments we want competitive tournaments and you all probably have more ideas of things you want,right? sounds like a pretty big load of things to do while having to work a full time job to pay for your own life or studying in university,huh?
Maybe someone else wants to dedicate some time and effort into creating something themselves, or with support from S5 and Aeria.
A 16 team tournament without any stat limits isn't super duper hard to manage, contact a GS to get in touch with Aeria, they would surely support you with a forum post, facebook post, possibly a stream or ingame/launcher images as well. Basically all you need is a mailaccount a bracket generator and google forms + google tables.
Heck even some random guy like me would help you get started, but hey, I've heard people rant for 6 years now but it doesn't seem like anyone actually cares beyond complaining.

Good luck and have fun everyone!  

We don't have to do a thing really.
If you don't want to improve it or enjoy doing it, then why even bother doing it at all?  
You complain that this tournament is only for the "dedicated" S5 players. But you fail to see that it is organized by the s5 community. If you want an SO tournament, the SO community should organize it. You can't just say the S5 community has to do all the work just because they already do tournaments for their own.  

I don't really need any tournaments for myself. I am just saying that the existing tournaments have issues that the organizers overlooks or just doesn't care enough about them. It is the same formula repeated every time: pen stat, td, 4vs4 etc.. same winners.
Advertisement

GMFeralus

Game Master
GMFeralus
PostedMay 03, 2016 5:58 am
And this topic is about the Hera Tournament not about the S5 organization in general. Feel free to contact them via PM.

I call the ones of glory, the ones who always be free - To stand against the world with me

S5Trace

Rank 0
S5Trace
PostedMay 05, 2016 8:21 pm   Last edited by S5Trace on May 06, 2016 4:38 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Sign ups are now officially closed and the brackets and rosters have been finalized! I would like to thank everyone for signing up on such a short notice and I hope you're all looking forward to the tournament this weekend!

Tournament Brackets:

http://challonge.com/HeraTournament

You can find the rosters for the teams that signed up below:

HacknEyed
hYed.Bilb-
Orarius
SergentRasta
hYed.Ondy
hYed.Shinkei

Scrublets
-Prea
you_are_NUBCAKE
KohiLover
Zextex
.Arietty*

She is 18 I Swear
Digitals*
Discernment
*Caramelized
Zense-
Regime.Keyori

Apex Legacy
Apex.Silver
Apex.Neluro
Apex.Gaara
Apex.Faye
Apex.Trace

Nur Extrem
Kurtextrem
-AnY-Serhio
Carnage-*
[MichiJ
-RsL.Oceancy

Cutie Wooties
.Aspirin
[KAMI]Odin
Vampz.
SrCookieMonsteh
Dragon_Raa

Hidden Way
L98.
Rylad
Amax.
Aequalitas
Crowe22

Resolute
Hypero-
-RsL.Kyu
-RsL.Sky
Hicham.
-RsL.MoTrip

Team AMK
Golden.Kyrie
[Breezy-
NetSphereCrusher
Raijin.Karma
Science*

That was easy
S5.R2-D2
Akane_
-RsL.KingLazar
Noro-
-eQ.Neithy

Team sK
sK.Soru
sK.Painz*
sK.Reaches
sK.Humans
Oxfordd

Echologe
Echo.Phrace
-PuuH.ViiRex
-pFa.Hiuzend.
Elurio.
Echo.LinZu

S5Trace

Rank 0
S5Trace
PostedMay 17, 2016 5:59 am
Congratulations to Hackneyed for winning the first place in the tournament! It was a blast hosting the tournament and we're looking forward to hosting the next S5 tournament for everyone to participate in!

dkstarcraft

Rank 4
dkstarcraft
PostedMay 21, 2016 7:17 pm
only 12 teams '-' ?? what the Hard....