Dynomite78

Rank 0
PostedJul 15, 2014 11:23 am

IE forces wartune to redirect to aeria home

I generally use IE to run Wartune because I get less response lag even though it throws off some icons when the browser window is resized or maximized in either a 24" or 27" HD monitor. This browser also allows me to log into two different servers at once without much input lag during evevents like GB/MPs. My experience however is that it does not allow me to use it for wartune currently. Here's my experience with wartune on several browsers...

IE: Clearing cache, browser history, virtually everything except reinstalling browser (version 10.0.9200.17028) still has me being redirected to the home page of aeria. Even typing in wartune.aeriagames.com takes me back to www.aeriagames.com. Has been happening since Friday 7/11, the first day of the ProSiebenSat migration?

FireFox: works fine, no redirect to aeria's main page. (version 30.0).

Chrome: also works fine (version 35.0.1916.153m).

Maxthon: not tested.

I still prefer IE because it allows me to have multiple tabs open but I guess i'll suffer through using chrome for now... Just wish someone will say if this is being looked into since this appears to be the only game that does this on the site (tested just 5 of the games on the main page).
Advertisement

GM_Megane

GameMaster: Germany
GM_Megane
PostedJul 16, 2014 2:40 am

Re: IE forces wartune to redirect to aeria home

Dynomite78 wrote:
I still prefer IE because it allows me to have multiple tabs open but I guess i'll suffer through using chrome for now... Just wish someone will say if this is being looked into since this appears to be the only game that does this on the site (tested just 5 of the games on the main page).  

I tested this on my computer and I'm not having any redirection issues. I can get to Wartune through the main page on IE or by typing in wartune.aeriagames.com. Can you see if your IE needs updating in any way? Or perhaps it works now?

Thank you, GrilledTurtle!

zookeeperz

Rank 0
zookeeperz
PostedJul 16, 2014 8:45 am
Up until about 6 hours ago I was happily playing drakensang . Have not been able to get past the load screen snce i logged off. I noticed alos in game when I left areas to return to main map t sent me to areria main page and kicked from game. Something seriously amiss with the game. The bigpoint version does exactly the same thing. Is this a problem they can't fix or wont fix????

thanks

Dynomite78

Rank 0
PostedJul 16, 2014 11:18 am

Re: IE forces wartune to redirect to aeria home

GM_Megane wrote:
I tested this on my computer and I'm not having any redirection issues. I can get to Wartune through the main page on IE or by typing in wartune.aeriagames.com. Can you see if your IE needs updating in any way? Or perhaps it works now?  

IE still redirects on my machine. No updates available. Deleted all browser history including cookies, forms, etc... I went into my macromedia flash player website storage settings panel and deleted everything hoping maybe that would remedy the issue and with nothing in the list it still redirects to main aeriagames webpage.

Maybe it's just my pc but it's weird that all the other games on the main page go to their respective game pages, just not the main game I play Wartune. I have to open up the game in a different browser and copy/paste the link to IE to get it to play there. I dislike doing it this way but it works but occasionally the game screen shifts 50% to the left or right and there is no way to adjust the game view so it could just be something odd on my end. Thanks!

nicensweet2280

GameSage: Aeria Browser
nicensweet2280
PostedJul 17, 2014 3:28 am
The migration is causing these kinds of issues intermittently (re-directing to main page even in chrome etc). But over all I recommend you using google chrome if possible, though i see you prefer IE, these seems to be working best with browser games Smile or Maxthon Cloud.

Just keep refreshing if it continues happening in IE and switch over if possible to the other browsers.

Dynomite78

Rank 0
PostedJul 19, 2014 11:46 am

My IE Redirect Issue Fixed!

I finally fixed my issue. I had to go back and choose the following options:

Tools >>> Internet Options >>> Advanced >>> RESET (Reset Internet Explorer Settings)

It was really annoying even after clearing cache and temp internet files/pw/etc... I was going to reinstall IE but since Microsoft like to force their product on you, there isn't really an option other than to downgrade. Maybe this would work for others having the same redirect issue but as it was said a few times, I get the least amount of lag, black-screens but probably the most flash crashes using IE.

nicensweet2280

GameSage: Aeria Browser
nicensweet2280
PostedJul 22, 2014 10:07 am
I am glad you were able to fix your IE issue! Thanks for posting this Smile i hope as well it helps others Smile