hexzyle

Rank 0
hexzyle
PostedAug 25, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Okay... Now I'm extremely annoyed.

Still can't play
bisquits_32 wrote:
I tried reinstalling java... reinstalling SK client... darn I still can't play the **** thing. Any suggestions? or solutions? Anyone? or should I just give up, since I already posted in SK's website about this problem and no one seems to care.  

What seems to be the problem?
Note that you require a good connection, in both bandwidth and latency, to even log in. Too large a latency and the server will refuse to allow you access: your client needs to send and recieve quite a bit of data compared to other games when loading because your whole inventory is stored client-sided while you are logged in.
Although Spiral Knights does not use a lot of bandwidth, it does require a wide berth in order to function flawlessly.

There has been a patch or two recently as well, which could be giving you trouble even booting up the client. There is a lot of traffic due to the recent event. Should calm down in a few days.
Advertisement

Aeria_32

Rank 0
Aeria_32
PostedSep 01, 2013 6:25 am

Game not luanching

Game not launching , its 100% complete, when i press "Play Now" nothing happens.

Anyone help me

hexzyle

Rank 0
hexzyle
PostedSep 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Game not luanching

Aeria_32 wrote:
Game not launching , its 100% complete, when i press "Play Now" nothing happens.

Anyone help me  

You do have to wait a bit for the game to start up. If you open up Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC you should look for the process named "javaw.exe" or "java.exe". The former is the launcher, the latter is the game.

Aeria_32

Rank 0
Aeria_32
PostedSep 04, 2013 5:58 am
Yea it worked after graphics driver update, but i need to download every time i clicked play, what's wrong with this game. always starts from 70%

hexzyle

Rank 0
hexzyle
PostedSep 04, 2013 11:40 am
Aeria_32 wrote:
Yea it worked after graphics driver update, but i need to download every time i clicked play, what's wrong with this game. always starts from 70%  

hexzyle wrote:
bisquits_32 wrote:
hexzyle wrote:

The 70% is the check for how much you've currently downloaded, I don't know why it does this. The last 30% is it downloading the rest of the game, if it didn't download completely the first time you played it.

The download is slow because the entire game is around 650 MB. This can take up to 90 minutes to download, depending on how fast your connection is.  

So its a 650 MB... I just DLed the client... i let it download things from 1% to 99% and it
completed the DL... Logged in... created a character... goes through the control introduction
then... after crossing the line... it loads... okay... but then it started downloading something
right in the middle of the game. Now I'm stuck at that part. It stopped loading, annoyed and
frustrated I closed the client. Then re-opened it and then it again starts to DL from 1%, the
**** was that FOR!? Okay waited another half hour... "Oh good its FINISH!" Entered my
UN and PW clicked the shinny button and BOOM! The first thing I saw was the loading page
from earlier with my "86% complete" and it WON'T FINISH DOWNLOADING THAT ****ing
THING!

FIRST: I played this before with the same connection, same laptop and PC.
SECOND: My drivers and JAVA is updated, JAVA Version 7 Update 25.

So where could the problem be? Anyone?  

The first download is 150-200MB, I think. It's all the content that allows you to play The Crash Site.

Once you reach the Rescue Camp, AKA Pod Town, the rest of the game downloads. Note that while the game is downloading, if you're logged in the 15 minute AFK rule still applies so you'll be logged out after that time period, it's a bit of a design oversight.
I should probably report that on the official forums. It's better to close the game and reopen it, which will cause it to download without having to be logged in.

The next time you reopen the game, the updater does one final check and downloads anything you might be missing.

I'll also have you know that about a day ago, there was a large update (the Guild Hall price fixes and Kataclysm Update) that for some reason came to ~300MB. (maybe the developers slipped some new stuff into the game so it's ready for the next big update) So if you played before then, you'll have a sizable update to download. This is rare though: updates usually come about once a month and they're usually only ~50MB.  

BlazingKinji

Rank 0
PostedSep 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Some help

I can't even play. When i start to play, all the screen is full black, i only can see some shades, but i cant see the game like it has to be, with colors and that stuff. Only black and the base model

kevin_keju97

Rank 0
PostedJun 14, 2014 11:32 am

my game keep on crashing suddenly

Anyone have any suggestion the games keep on crashing?
my system and video card are better than the requirement, i also have the latest java and video driver and also have tried to reinstall them and i belive there is no conection problem.
i could play another game with higher requirement than this game but there is no problem with that game