.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 06, 2014 4:20 pm
Ok, good news. Finished the interface. Not 100% complete yet, but now we can move on to the hard part..........making the simulator work haha. Work on that will probably start tomorrow. You will know when work has started on it when the active and passive skill icons disappear. So go take a look.

Why not work on the old simulator?
This is to answer questions about that...

1. Outdated....very. Most of the code I do not understand anymore nor does it make sense.

2. Updating it is....................tedious, difficult, and a gigantic time waster. If they added another class for some reason, it would take me longer to do that class than it would to make a new simulator for a game. Yes, its that bad. Another reason I have to make a new simulator.

But xx and yy build and all the links posted on the net.....

The new simulator is a optional simulator to use. I'm not forcing you to use it, but in a way I am because I am not supporting the skill simulator anymore. Its not like the old builds won't work anymore because the old simulator will still be up and going.

And tbh, if you're going to ******* about remaking the build, then you are pretty lazy. It only takes a couple mins to remake that build on the new simulator and you can even save those builds in save / load slots.

Just work on the old simulator

No amount of $ would make me work on it. Its that bad. I DO NOT want to touch that silly code that I did long ago.

But I like the old simulator

Then continue to use it lmao. Kinda dumb if you ask me since SBCS-NT is superior to it in every way.

Why bother doing a new simulator for this game?

To you guys, its something for you to use. For me, its showing prospective groups of people my work and getting hired to do certain jobs for them. Bigger portfolio with better product = better.

Why are you having a hard time figuring out skill points?

1. I haven't played this game in what? Years? Its been a long time. Like I remember anything.

2. The old simulator used some funky system that I cannot even explain well that tried to calculate your level based off the SP you spent. Lots of dumb code there. I should of let you choose your level and add the puzzle and quest sp fields than do what I did.

Will this new simulator be fully supported and updated?

Yeah. Its using a framework I built for my simulators in general. If I do a update on the framework, all the simulators get those new features. Supported simulators usually have a prefix at the end of it (i.e. SBCS-NT, the -NT).

You typically don't have to worry about me when doing a major update forcing you to use a new simulator since the NT and above framework can handle major updates.

Aura Kingdom simulator users went through the same thing. Its old simulator is still there for builds posted on the net that used that.

I wanna help with x or y thing
Wait for google doc spreadsheets. Then you can help. Non skill data related stuff you will have to talk to me via this site or my site.

Any update on when the new simulator will be finished?

I know I said late may, early june, but its probably going to be finished sooner than that. I t hink like a frikkin brain surgeon on these simulators so in my mind, I'm already doing the code while working on something else. The old simulator page will let you know when the new simulator is ready anyways.

However, unless I get a google doc spreadsheet up with skill points per level and/or actually play the game, I DO NOT know the correct amount of SP you would get for x level. So it may be delayed because of that. You cannot just say since lvl 44 gets 69 SP just put 69 SP for 44. It won't work like that.

Advertisement

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 21, 2014 10:43 pm
Eh figured you'd want a progress report...

Back to work on this simulator. I would like to have it finished by May 26, but that may or may not happen. Just depends on a ton of factors.

*Changes*

Character Stats works. It will now generate a build URL for you with your stats.

Save / Load Build Slots work. As long as you selected a class and a save slot, it will save your build.

Your Name / class appears on the simulator. If nothing is selected, you will see N/A

You can create a short build URL link.

Tooltip compatibility fix for Chrome users

Misc under-the-hood changes

==================

Roadmap

Initialize Simulator Status section
Initialize Skill Points system
Tooltip for Character Stats section explained and filled in instead of showing TBA
Initialize Class Skill Tree System
Initialize Class Skill Tooltips
Initialize Class Skill Validation System
Reset Active / Passive SP Buttons work

That is somewhat in order except the last one. There is no specific date and time this stuff will be started on.

==================

You can actually make your build right now if you wanted and save it to save slot. Its not going to hurt anything. Once the Roadmap is completed and you are able to set your skill tree, just load up your build and make your Skill tree.

However, like I said, this simulator is still in development so if for some strange reason, the simulator won't load/save your build, its because we actually made the simulator crash and are working on fixing it.

By the way, do know that if you are constantly monitoring the new simulator, you may have to press F5 to force a reload to see the new changes.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 21, 2014 11:56 pm
Here

Scarlet Blade Google Doc Spreadsheet

Right now, it only has Skill Points per level. The simulator uses this data to calculate the SP you get. If the SP gained at that level is wrong, then change it. You do not have to be signed in as I made it public. Any change made to that spreadsheet, I am notified.

However, I only want people with a brain to edit that spreadsheet if need be. DO NOT change the SP for "x Level" if you're going to include SP from Quests or Puzzles. The Spreadsheet is based off SP that doesn't come from Puzzles or Quests. The old simulator would just assume you did the quest or puzzle for the extra SP which is ********** since a person may have not done it.

The last time I made a public google spreadsheet, children (You guys, the public) ******** it up. We will revert the data back to what it was if its not correct or if you delete it. However, continued abuse just makes us say we're not going to update it anymore. The data the simulator uses is stored on my computer / my network so the changes made to the google spreadsheet won't affect the simulator.

Anyways, this is how you can help. If the new simulator is reporting the wrong SP for x Level and you know EXACTLY how much SP you are supposed to get for that level without the puzzle / quest sp, then change the google spreadsheet. Otherwise, leave it alone.

DO NOT post the skill points you get at whatever level. Just change the ****** spreadsheet and/or leave a comment on the spreadsheet.

*****Level cap was raised to 54 in the KR version apparently so I changed it to where you can go to 54 even though the AG version is capped at 44. Do not cry about this. Just select Level 44 and move on. When the simulator is finished, it will let people know the max level for whatever version.

shunlanlee

Rank 0
PostedMay 22, 2014 12:46 am
Thank you for update.
Can you remove the female pic because near the simulator because near-NSFW. Thanks.

Rigel_

Rank 0
PostedMay 22, 2014 2:45 am
Thanks for updating your simulator. Can't wait for it to be finished!

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 23, 2014 10:27 pm
Progress report before I head off to work (Yes I work night shift, 12 am - 8:30 am >_>).

The following was implemented on the new simulator

Skill Trees (This means the actual tree and max skill levels for that skill)
Skill Button functionality (Pressing + and - either adds or subtracts skill points)
SP Remaining / SP ( Active and Passive) now work
Reset Active / Passive skills button works

The following has yet to be implemented on the new simulator

Skill Icons
Skill Data
Tooltips for skills
Skill Validation system (Its what regulates whether or not you can get that skill)
Button disabled functionality (Letting you know that you can't increase that skill anymore unless you meet a certain condition or you've reached the max level or are at lvl 0 for that skill)
Simulator Status
Other

* Currently the simulator has basic validation where if you try to press the - button on a skill with level 0 / 20 it won't do anything.

=======================

I am going to be implementing something new for how tooltips work in this simulator unlike the old simulators for other games or even SBSS. Since this is new, development may take longer than normal.

Skill Validation system is not as easy as you think. It may take longer than usual until a concrete method is created to do it. SBSS does the long handed way which made no sense. SBCS-NT will do short handed aka efficient way.

You can save your build even without the skill validation system active right now. However, illegal builds will be wiped clean once it goes live. It will just set everything to 0 if its illegal. We have multiple builds saved in our save slots that we will be testing once the other parts of the simulator are complete to make sure it loads up the right skill data information.

Lastly, the Skill Data used is from SBSS. It will not be updated. You will have the opportunity to update the skill data the new simulator uses via a google spreadsheet in the future. Ofcourse, when i say not be updated, I do not mean we will not ever update it. Just the initial launch of the simulator will have that data with a few minor corrections.

===================

No ETA on when this stuff will be done, but things are shaping better by the day aren't they heh?

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 29, 2014 9:48 am
Eh didn't realize how outdated this old simulator was until I logged into the game and saw that various max skill levels for skills have changed for all classes. Can't believe people would still use it even after all that with no info from me on when it would be updated lol.

Glad I didn't do anything major with the new simulator just yet, but I did update the new simulator with the correct max skill levels. Also, Punisher has their new skills obtained back whenever that update came out that added them.

I plan to tackle the next big part for the new simulator as follows:

Skill Validation system
Skill Tooltips
????
????
????
Skill Summary

Once the validation system is in place, the rest should be easy. However, do note that I do know that prerequisites for skills may not be accurate as some change as you level up that skill so if its wrong, you'll be able to correct it in the future when the google doc sheet is out.

Unfortunately, its going to take a while to do this skill data. Its not like I can copy and paste and for some skills, I'm just winging it on the data for the next level. Especially for those skills where I had to change the max skill level.

Lastly, ATK / CH-ATK will be missing from skills. This is because its not needed yet. If for some strange reason, I am able to figure out skill damage which I think someone provided me in this thread which I have in my notes on my PC somewhere, then its not going to be added. Gotta be honest here, but I think not many people are around to perfectly calculate how to figure out ATK / CH-ATK for skills like they used to be back when this project first started.

No ETA, but I am working on it. I mean I did add the skill icons lol. Medic icons will have to be redone later because those have white borders on them.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 30, 2014 9:55 pm
Alright, good news and bad news.

Good news is the initial skill validation system has been done...............for at least 1 column (the first one). It only works for Defender class for now. The rest of it will go live later on and then so on with all the classes getting it. After that, we can finish up the simulator!

Bad news is that I feel that the skill validation code needs some refactoring done. Not the best code in the world, but definitely not the worst. Better than that crap code in SBSS. Time is required for this and I don't know how much. Probably a couple hrs or less.

Part 2 of the bad news is what I mentioned before. Just that doing the skill data is gonna take a while. Thats the reason also why I'm doing one class at a time or more like one column at a time until complete. How skill data is handled and displayed is very different than the old simulator. Its made to be easy to update and maintain.

You can see what I've done by looking at the defender class if you want, but since no tooltips are shown to show you details on that skill, you might not know the pre-requisites for that skill. Unlike the old simulator, its going to be based off your level also.

I want this project complete by Tuesday at the latest, but if I can't get it finished by that time, oh well. Eh and like I always say, things are looking better each and every day despite the amount of progress made.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedJun 01, 2014 2:22 pm
Alright..............finally the skill validation section is complete and functional for absolutely everything........classes*active skills and passive. More testing will be needed before the simulator is finally released and ready to go, but from my testing just a while ago, everything seems in order. I did have to apply some "hacks" to the code because some of the skill prerequisites actually increasing in level and due to some other unforeseen issues, but those things can be removed later once the code is refactored.

Even when the simulator is ready for use, I will say those skills that do that with the prerequisites, the button will not be disabled when you don't meet the requirements. Instead what will happen is it will go back to 0 if you try to increase the level. Call it "by design" for now until I can rework the code.

You can absolutely for sure now can make your build in the simulator, but the only problem for now is that you don't know what I set for the requirements yet. Sure, you could use a little thing called common sense, but that doesn't work for most so the skill tooltips need to be done now. After that, you'll know whats going on and what I have set for each skill as far as requirements.

I will start on that today actually. However, it will be a work in progress so if you happen to see missing information (There will be at start) or the simulator just doesn't work anymore, this is the case.

Once the Skill Tooltips is done, instead of doing the skill summary for now, we are going to skip that and go through the final testing phases and then alter the design of some things on the simulator and make some final preparations before release.

Been a rocky road ever since start, but I'm glad its coming together now >_>. Just gotta jump over this one last major hurdle >_>.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedJun 07, 2014 6:45 pm
Should be releasing this on Sunday. This is actually my last post. As you can tell, Some of the tooltips are coming to for certain columns. Column 1 / 2 of the active skills is done. However, small things such as margins and design of the tooltips are not 100% complete.

I am still working on skill data which you will have the chance to change when its released.

Other adjustments will be made before final release. While I say Sunday, it could be Monday knowing me. I don't like rushing products anyways.

Anyways, thanks to whoever changed the skill points per level. I adjusted it now on the simulator. And like I said, I'm not posting in this thread ever again so the old simulator is 100% not supported by me anymore.