Sovtek37

Rank 1
Sovtek37
PostedApr 07, 2014 8:09 pm

No skills descriptions or click-to-move?

So I made sure that "Mouse Movement" IS in-fact enable in the menu, I even tried to disable it and re-enable it, but no matter what I do, I can click anywhere on the screen and my chick won't budge. I can click NPC's and target dummies, but moving doesn't work.

Second, where are the tooltips for skills and whatnot? I hover over skill icons, like in every other 9087346093458 MMO's, but nothing. I have no idea what anything actually does as far as skills go. Same thing with opening the actual Skills sub-menu, I am greeting with a plethora of icons that I have absolutely no idea what they would actually do.

Advertisement

mishikotoko1

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
mishikotoko1
PostedApr 07, 2014 11:14 pm
For skills descriptions while you hover over them in your hotkey bars, I believe in the options menu you need to check "battle helper" to turn it on. (Im not in game to test and I took mine off around lvl 23...)

As for clicking to move, it is allowed, as is wasd (or whichever key binds you set it to.)
I'm not sure why you're unable to click to move, unless it is possibly lag induced?

NeverForget143

Rank 1
NeverForget143
PostedApr 11, 2014 6:42 am

Re: No skills descriptions or click-to-move?

Sovtek37 wrote:
like in every other 9087346093458 MMO's,  

Man, I wish i could've played 9087346093458 MMO's.. you must be an mmo veteran.

anyways, may i ask, what otehr mmo's do you recommend to play?

Sovtek37

Rank 1
Sovtek37
PostedApr 14, 2014 12:22 pm
Well I can narrow this down to a reliable replicate-able method. I re-installed the game from a third-party mirror, blocked Aeria Ignite from installing (anti-virus warnings exist for a reason), made sure DAP was enabled (there is absolutely no way a legitimate game from a reputable company would need it to be disabled), and voila, we have click-to-move! Oddly though, when the game is in fullscreen mode, the Windows key does not function, although this is somewhat normal behavior and many games disable it (especially shooters), so no big deal. Alt-Tab also seems to be disabled, as the game with not actually allow the active window to be switched away from itself to another program. The only way to minimize the game is to hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to force minimize it. Why would I ever do that in a real world situation? Well, to get to a browser, change Vent/VoIP, etc. Anyways, once the game has been minimized and brought back to full screen, click-to-move is disabled. Basically what it seems like at this point is some of the anti-bot system in play, which is brilliant if you think about it: disabling movement after switching to another program (most hack tools run as a separate program, but I digress).

After re-installing the game, I have tooltips and skills descriptions, so that was awesome. However, anywhere between twenty minutes and an hour they will just disappear, usually leaving one "stuck" in the middle of my screen. The only way to fix it is to completely exit the game (which means something in the memory addresses of the core .exe is going ***-up) and relaunch it.

As for other MMO's? Pick one from the last ten years, I bet you can find a Cortimi somewhere :3