MichelleZhivago

Rank 3
MichelleZhivago
PostedMar 30, 2014 4:12 pm
Hello lol_asong!

There are areas where Newbies can be safe from PvP until they are ready. Enocia, Mereholt and Barbiron are all PvE. There is still the chance that a high level player may follow you around and kill your targets, stealing EXP, but that is pretty rare and harassment that should be reported to the GSs and GMs. Or to their Guild.

If you are new, welcome and good luck. If you are a Free Knights, I am in Barbiron and Viledon(PvP) most of the time. Look me up if you have questions.Smile

MichelleZ
Advertisement

lol_asong

Rank 0
lol_asong
PostedMar 30, 2014 5:00 pm
thanks, but can you level up to lvl CAP WITHOUT going into pvp areas? i'm RG btw Sad

i go into battlegrounds a lot. if i die, my bad or more often lag or if 2vs1 then sure, no prob.

but i chose to go into janus or wherever. and NOT going into BG will not affect core gameplay too much versus just walking around town trying to get the daily then BAM dead.

which is ok once but if they are camping there then that's a big WTF.

in a previous mmo i got into about 10 yrs ago we would do this, like camp near the spawn point, and we got sent into time out. basically 10 hrs of time (paid mind you, subscription) to literally rot in jail. no portal out, no teleport out, just waste your time logged in for 10hrs.

2 more of that and BAN!

which is fun and all at the time when i had time to spend. nowadays, not so much. work and stuff. so i log in i'm looking for relaxin and unwindin, PvP, PvE, sure, a little grind here and there, but what you are saying, it doesn't sound like fun.

MichelleZhivago

Rank 3
MichelleZhivago
PostedMar 31, 2014 11:36 am
Hello lol_asong!Smile

Yes you may level up without going to the PvP areas. My initial experience of Caergate was not very successful!Very Happy I was constantly being attacked and seldom completed a task. I leveled up using the machines that hand out daily and repeat missions at the Mereholt Base, levels 21 and up.Smile If I recall correctly, it is definitely possible to make Level 21 without PvP, BGs or Disputed Areas. I may have made it all the way to Level 30 with only several visits to Caergate!

I am sorry if I made it sound unpleasant. For me PvP was not fun at first. This is my very first MMORPG or game of any kind in which other players are present. I have gotten better at PvP slowly over time. As to my comment about higher level players following you. I am unaware that it has ever happened. When I help a lowbie with his quests, I receive little to no EXP from it, so it would be pointless to follow you around to steal EXP, I think. Again, I apologize if I have made it sound unpleasant. I do not wish to discourage you.:*

You are RG? O.K. Perhaps I will see you in the Delilah Lounge or the VIP Room, where RG and Free Knights can meet.Smile Or in Vile or Nemesis eventually for PvP. Be gentle with me. I will always be a noob at PvP!Very Happy
Michelle❤

lol_asong

Rank 0
lol_asong
PostedApr 01, 2014 1:27 pm
haha maybe if i ever get to your level we'll see each other.

i got to caergate and found em. i'm not sure if its a guild or just a bunch of jerks getting together. but IIRC we have this

http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/rules

PLAY NICE POLICIES

In addition to the general guidelines listed in Player Ethics Guide, players are also subject to these supplementary rules while playing the Game and as these are considered as part of the Ethics Guide.

1. You may not use any language that is offensive, of racist nature, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, all manners of swearing, threats, blackmail, discussion of recreational drugs, sexually explicit language and racism or anything prejudice. As offensive language can interpreted in many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel offended and act accordingly.

2. You may not harass other players. Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player, or group of players, to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel harassed and act accordingly.

3. You may not discriminate against other players or groups. Discrimination is the treatment of a person based on the group, class, or category to which that person belongs rather than on individual merit. As discrimination can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would feel discriminated against and act accordingly.

4. You may not disrupt normal gameplay. Any repeated activities that result in disruption of normal gameplay are prohibited. As defining normal gameplay can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a 'reasonable person' would be unable to play normally and act accordingly.

7. You may not operate a clan, guild, or any other group that violates these rules.

- Aeria Games and Entertainment recognizes that these rules are not all inclusive. Other actions may be determined as abuse by staff of Aeria Games and Entertainment.

two and 4 or maybe three. is it harassment if its Free Knights harassing RG? can we make that like, racism... well its certainly discrimination against a group haha.

but seriously 2 and 4 since yes, they are an inconvenience if 1 step beyond the base and BOOM! now if they were at least, i dunno, somewhere else, then ok. like i said if i wander into a pvp zone, my bad. going out of the base is not wandering. so they are disrupting not just my normal gameplay, but all below their level and or uber item +10 whatever.

-stop whining and fight

not for lack of trying but a whole group vs 1 guy, you don't have to be a genius to know how that's going to end.

-make a group

they all seem to be preoccupied and i dunno, its hard to organize enough in the battlegrounds what more out of it. i'll try again tom.

i mean what sort of idiot is up 3:17 in the morning camping outside a base? is the exp good in pvp? i mean its low in BG, so i dunno. i tried to kill one but 3 whip and 1 defen, yeah, can't kill em. they even have a medic with buffs.

maybe they are in a different timezone but for all intents and purposes its not an excuse to be a ****.

btw d a m n.

u censor that? ****.

orangina63

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2014 1:19 am
Some act that way for one day at CG to get paratrooper title (200 kills a day). But if they do kill the same lowbies all the time, that is against the policies. I think many haven't read those so far.

Don't attack lowbies. If you have to, switch. Not everytime the same. If someone acts like an *sshole, you can block the chat and ignore that person the rest of your life.

Playing fair makes that game more fun for everyone. Don't forget, you don't attack just bots. There a human beings with feelings behind those.