Angorian

Rank 0
Angorian
PostedJan 14, 2014 10:02 am

Skill HyperChips

Lost or Else ?
i don't know when this start but today i saw my Arkana seem to be missing something in social motions( played few char ). Now i realised i can't find other 2 chips: Sorry and Provoke.Can someone help me that, or the game's issue or i got lag or it's been removed ? If it's been removed then why ? I see it can't efect much to player even a RGs vs FKs or RGs vs RGs, FKs vs FKs.
Advertisement

joepublic2

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2014 5:38 am   Last edited by joepublic2 on Mar 31, 2014 3:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Did you use a skill reset code recently?

Lost skills from chips and skill points from puzzles
I'm new to the game so bear with me plz Smile I'm not sure if this is the proper thread, but you seem to have the same issues I'm having.

My toon is a Medic. At lvl 15, I completed the first puzzle for the bonus skill point. Before allocating said skill point, I decided to read up on Medic builds and realized I was going in the wrong direction ... so I bought a skill reset code with AP.

After using the reset code, I noticed that my 2 starter emote skills were gone as well as my Sit lvl 1. Also missing ... the extra skill point I received from completing the puzzle mentioned above. Prior to using the reset code, I had 23 skill points total ... after using it, only 22 total.

My Medic is now level 22. I just noticed that the bonus pack she got from using AP for the first time contained ... u guessed it ... a skill reset code.

Is it normal for skill reset codes to cancel all bonus skill points? I'm now nervous about using skill reset codes for fear I'll lose all bonus skill points and 'chip' skills I've earned. I can't backtrack and redo puzzles I've completed, nor can I redo quests that gave me extra skill points.

MichelleZhivago

Rank 1
MichelleZhivago
PostedMar 31, 2014 10:57 am
Hello joepublic2,

If you lost something during the reset you may neeed to call this to the attention of a GS or GM in the shout box on Forums or you may need to send in a ticket requesting help at: http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support

I have never used used a reset myself, although I am thinking about using one now and would like to know also if certain items are lost using a Reset Code. In any case, good luck.

Michelle❤

joepublic2

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks for reply

Further update
Hi and thanks for the response.

I have not contacted any1 in CS for a few reasons.
1. I'm a bit gun-shy of CS in MMOs due to prior exp. Sorry Aeria for not giving you a chance but bitten by one, wary of all.
2. The reset code wipes all of your skills, including your initial 2 presets. I figured that if I used the auto-attack preset but not the 2nd preset, I 'broke even' on skill points so why bother CS.

I, like you, am hoping some1 with info on the matter will respond.

Currently still lvl 22 with 32 total skill points ... 5-6ish from bonuses. I'm at the point where I may decide to reset again (I love trying different skill settings in any MMO), which brought me to search the forums to find this thread.

mishikotoko1

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
mishikotoko1
PostedMar 31, 2014 9:53 pm
The best thing to do it submit a ticket with all information you are able to provide to Aeria. If you get no reply after 48hours(2 business days), you then can message any Game Sage the ticket number and a short description of what it was about, so we can poke and prod GM's about it. ^.~

joepublic2

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Focus on the question

please :)
I'm not worried about the single skill point...

My question was.. if I use a skill reset code, will I always lose any bonus skill points earned from quests/puzzles?

If the answer is yes, then I see no reason to use skill reset codes.

joepublic2

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

I figured it out :)

SPEND ALL SKILL POINTS B4 RESET
Took a chance ...

If you spend ALL skill points b4 using the skill reset code, you get them all back.. including the bonus ones.

I realized that the one point I lost previously was the one point I had not yet spent (got it from lvl 15 puzzle, did not spend it, decided to reset, boom gone).

Now, at lvl 22 with 32 skill points, I made sure all were spent b4 using the skill reset code I got from my AP bonus package.. and viola! I now have 32 skill points to spend again Smile Woots!

mishikotoko1

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
mishikotoko1
PostedMar 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Re: Focus on the question

please :)
joepublic2 wrote:
I'm not worried about the single skill point...

My question was.. if I use a skill reset code, will I always lose any bonus skill points earned from quests/puzzles?

If the answer is yes, then I see no reason to use skill reset codes.  

I can only answer things I have an answer for.
As for your question, since I have never ran across that issue, I have never tested it. Therefore did not want to give you the incorrect information as an answer.

Also if you are unable to gain that skill point back, which you hadn't used from the puzzle prior to skill point resetting. Please send in a ticket and let Aeria know.

On the topic on emote skills, and sit skill, are they gone from your skill window or just from your hotkeys?

Multiple questions, raise multiple answers Very Happy