Pelecinus

Rank 0
Pelecinus
PostedMar 28, 2013 11:45 am

[Guide] Powerleveling hints

tips for leveling quickly and avoiding the grind
Hey there,

After getting a punisher from 1-10 in the last hour of CB, I thought I would share some hints for how I did my best to level quickly. As other people suggest hints, I'll try to add them to the main body. Please note that this isn't necessarily a step by step guide, it's hints for getting through the levels quickly, avoiding delays and grind.

1. Early on, quests are the main thing providing xp. If you watch your text screen at the bottom left and the bar at the xp bar at the bottom, you will notice that some of the early mobs literally provide no xp at all. None. Avoid wasting time and resources on unproductive kills. You'll get plenty of battle practice on the quest monsters, so don't feel like you need to stop and learn the ropes. Even the medic can kill the first beetles with ease.

2. You start with 50 HP and 50 SP hypovials. Use them! They aren't worth the money selling. Set them to hotkeys (I set mine to 9 and 0). When you hit about half SP and half HP, use one of each. It's also a good idea to kick them in during boss battles. If you use these, you should theoretically never have to rest until level 15 (Tried this on Medic and Defender in OB and haven't had to rest yet)

3. When you have multiple quests, know what order is quick. Avoid backtracking. If you click on the destination taglink for each quest, the map in the bottom right will flash where you need to go. Go with the one that is closer, and you should be better off.

4. Remember that there are some hidden quests here and there. Once or twice an NPC will have multiple quests available (Carl's first two quests come to mind). Make sure you activate them all before starting. These quests usually head to the same area.

More hints as I have time, feel free to add! I will try to incorporate people's suggestion to this first post or the next one.
Advertisement

Pelecinus

Rank 0
Pelecinus
PostedMar 28, 2013 11:48 am
Reserved for additions.

rafsoriano

Rank 0
PostedOct 17, 2013 9:43 am

Addition

power leveling
nice hints ,, let me add something,,,
also if your hp or defense can handle multiple monsters like my whipper for instance,,,
and you can kill them fast it save alot of time in killing quest,,
for example: my whipper can handle the attacks of multiple monsters 4~5" i usually lure them close to each other and kill them all at once,, it saves alot of time than killing one at a time Smile
also ,, buff potions are very useful, dont bother saving them or youll end up into a full inventory,,

damicles2k

Rank 0
damicles2k
PostedOct 17, 2013 12:14 pm
One thing I do when hitting a new level (this is when you get to the point where you can get Daily and Repeat Quests from the terminals). Once you hit a new level and before you start running the new quests, hit the Auto Quest terminal up and grab those Daily/Repeat Quests before running out to do your Main/Side Quests. During your Main and Side Quests you will run into the NPCs to kill while doing the Main/Side to fulfill your Daily/Repeat Quests. Kill two birds with one stone.
After the Main/Sides are done and your stuck grinding out the next level I have a couple things I do to maximize XP till the next level.
1. Daily - only once a day, but do them better than random mob grinding and you get Rank Points, Cyber Clusters, SP/HP pots, Pet Energy.
2. Repeaters - grabbed with the Dailies, but when you have done your dailies and have nothing else but Dungeon Runs or Random mobbing these are better than random mobbing still. The XP given off a repeater would take more time to get just mobbing.
3. Dungeon Run - they have dailies and repeaters in there also so do them, the upside to running these are drops of useful items like the Pet Energy, Enhancement Crystals, and often junky but still rare drops. Salvage or sell for couple gold.
4. RG/Free Knights Spys - seriously they give excellent XP and you get a 100 rank points for them. Everytime I enter a new area, I keep my eyes open for them and figure out their run pattern. Then I know where I can sit and mob or do Daily/Repeat to increase my chance of them running by for an easy kill.
5. Battlegrounds - only last on my list because I don't heavily PVP, but XP is good, plus rank points and chance for good items from the treasure crates.

enkephalin07

Rank 0
PostedOct 17, 2013 1:56 pm
Coincidentally, I was just about to add spyhunting when the spy I was waiting for showed up. One spy of your level is worth a little more than one daily quest of your level, and also drop a 100-rank chip. A lot of regular sidequests and daily quests will put you close to where they run, you just have to stay ready when they pass by.

lol_asong

Rank 0
lol_asong
PostedMar 30, 2014 3:29 pm
using the short range teleporter (or walking) you can get to 2 daily comp terminal. will they both give the same quests and are these dependent on level or area? like hunt so and so enemy near where the terminal is.