Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedJan 21, 2014 7:37 am
Funny thing about making assumptions: they're so often wrong.

Advertisement

LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
PostedJan 21, 2014 10:08 am
Giovanna_X wrote:
Funny thing about making assumptions: they're so often wrong.  

Assume is the only thing people can do here, it seems.

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedJan 21, 2014 1:42 pm
jotasnake wrote:
I get but i don't see how that is related to the subject at hand.

If i understood correctly, the whole point of the last few pages was to complain at the lack of updates AGE has given and therefore how the GSes are unable to provide any further updates or get something to happen from AGE. If this was the subject, i gotta keep myself on their side because they are indeed acting correctly, they can't do anything more and blaming them for that is unfair, not that GSes aren't used to being targets on behalf of AGE, but it is still unfair to accuse them of being bad gses or anything similar.

As for any GS behaviour, i won't comment on that. RT if you feel necessary its the way to go if you feel a GS has been incorrect in their bahviour.

Truth is, there is bad people everywhere.  

RT.... RT... RT... Why do I keep hearing this everywhere? Some people still don't get it don't they. I've already sent tickets about this stuff multiple times (nothing ever happens to them). In fact I've actually had someone who still is a current GS mind you leak to me that some of the GM's were insulting me as well (which is why i didn't get GS the first time around on browser while most people were pulling for me to get it over there) and also they were defending some of the GS's who have had blatantly rude, disrespectful, and racist behavior as well. In fact the reason I left my OWN GS team you know the one that I was a part of a few months back is because of the same said behavior that I saw happening towards another player (EX-GS now) as well. Some people clearly never grew out of there high school mentality as it seems, and would rather bully people over the internet because it makes them feel better about themselves. Sure you may think of me as a troll, but I still don't use racist language, I only tend to use foul language, when a person is REALLY that bad. Also instead of lecturing me about this type of stuff you should really take a look at some of these people doing this kind of stuff and lecture them yourself.

unholykrusher

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2014 6:44 am
Okay now I did not read every Post. however to the GSes that was saying somethign about the FPS being tied soely to your Processor. your insane. If you were a computer person you would know that thats NOT the case LoL....Your VIDEO CARD plays a MAJOR ROLE in this issue. FPS is from the VIDEO part of the Game NOT the PROCESSOR. This is kinda like them dumb Geico Commercials that they say everyone knows that. And then the person retorts with a yeah well did you know something something something. Im wondering if the game is up and running again? cause I Wasnt even aware that it was in Open Beta when it was.

Darkness. A Fire Crackling in the distance. You step closer towards the sounds. And nothings there. Your ALL ALONE.

inwolf900

Rank 0
inwolf900
PostedJan 25, 2014 8:36 am
Almost a year until this game has been shut down

wut? X.X

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedJan 26, 2014 10:05 am
unholykrusher wrote:
Okay now I did not read every Post. however to the GSes that was saying somethign about the FPS being tied soely to your Processor. your insane. If you were a computer person you would know that thats NOT the case LoL....Your VIDEO CARD plays a MAJOR ROLE in this issue. FPS is from the VIDEO part of the Game NOT the PROCESSOR. This is kinda like them dumb Geico Commercials that they say everyone knows that. And then the person retorts with a yeah well did you know something something something. Im wondering if the game is up and running again? cause I Wasnt even aware that it was in Open Beta when it was.  

You are correct, the video card plays a major role in your frames per second while playing. It actually plays a much bigger role than your processor, i would even put memory over the processor at the list of priorities to look at.

As for your question, the game is still down for repairs, we expect to hear something within this quarter so hopefully won't take much longer until we get an update on when we can expect the game to be up.

Formalitys

Rank 4
Formalitys
PostedJan 27, 2014 1:58 am
Dang how is this thread not locked? Took a gander here and saw chaos lol. The questionable behavior of the GS has been addressed, arguments are getting personal, and there's flame bait oozing out the ears. At this point the GS are just meat shields being fried from the community's fire because of Aeria Staff's inability to provide proper updates and keep the community interested. This thread should be opened back up again when Aeria has some juicy info that tells the community something about the game's future. GS have pretty much stated all there is to know since almost a year ago.

zimmey4.0 wrote:
Requesting lock for all of DKO.  

^Probably one of the most insightful comments that got overlooked. +1

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedJan 31, 2014 11:28 pm
Giovanna_X wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
KageSama wrote:
taz and ebil are no longer with aeria, or got relocated to a different job within the company. Either way the two key people for this game are gone. It's rather cruel to keep giving people false hope. So in five months from now if they say this game is being shut down would you even apologize to all the people you blatantly lied to?(if that scenario goes through) Just go play aura kingdom guys and forget about this game. Maybe one day it will come back under the guise of a new name. Until then don't get your hopes up o.x  

I have lied to nobody, and I do not appreciate such an allegation; I never lie. I've provided the information which I at liberty to provide. Is it possible that the game won't return? Of course, but there is no indication that that will be the case. What's cruel is a continuing attempt to discourage people from hoping for the return of the game, as you have undertaken. Believe what you want, but I advise you to cease and desist with the negative posts, in the ShoutBox, and in the fora.  

I don't think he called you a liar. He called you False Hope, meaning that he believes it's already over.

I agree. 2 months after the Shutdown, I had a conversation with Ebil where she indicated that while she could not confirm because of her role that the game was not going to be coming back, she heavily hinted that this was the case, because

DKO never made any North American Money. not a cent. They never opened the item mall. Thus, there are no funds in place to encourage a fix. Spending more money on a project that is losing money is a fallacy.

RPG Factory's webpage hasn't changed since 2009, and they've adopted no new projects, and they don't even have a link to the Korean version of the game anymore (They didn't just shut down EN; they also shut down their own portal, and took down its website).

For all intents and purposes, it looks like abandoned material from the developer end.

(I searched in Korean, English, and Chinese; No Results!) If you can find results that suggest the project is alive, be my guest.

As such, I stopped expecting it to come back after talking to Ebil.

And the fact remains: Taz and Ebil are gone. It doesn't matter why. It just matters that they are gone.  

"So in five months from now if they say this game is being shut down would you even apologize to all the people you blatantly lied to?"

That certainly looks to me like an allegation of lying.

Of course DKO never made any money, because the IM never opened. It has generally been the practice of Aeria Games and Entertainment to not open the IM for a game until it was in Commercial Release, which is (or was, at least) kind of defined by the opening of the IM. Closed Beta, then Open Beta, then the IM opens and BOOM! that makes it Commercial Release. A lot of LC players used to insist that LC was still in Open Beta because there had never been any announcement of an end to Closed Beta, but such an announcement was not necessary once the IM opened. I've been told (by players, not by Staff) that this or that newer game (which I didn't play, or wasn't following closely enough to pay attention) had opened an IM before OB ended, but I find that claim dubious for the reason already stated.

Also, you've misused the term "fallacy." "Fallacy" is a technical term in Logic, and Logic is my field. You'll want to make use of the term correctly in a discussion with me.

I'm guessing you realize that I talked with Ebil quite a lot, and may know that I've worked with Taz for several years (so it's safe to assume that I've talked with him as well). There are others on Staff with whom I have talked as well. Situations change, so one vague conversation between a player and a Staff member should not be taken as the final word on the matter.

qawsar's post above demonstrates that the project is alive.

What the future holds we'll have to wait and see, but trying to bury something while it's still alive is generally not a good idea.

I missed that line about lying to.

however, I did not misuse the word fallacy; as in a sunken cost fallacy. The fallacy in which you spend more money on an investment you lost money in. That is a Logic issue.

qwasar's posts only indicate that it is alive elsewhere; not here. Use some rationale; Why are they patching/adding new content to an existing product but not in a position to re-release here? There's more income on the line from postponing publishing here, than on an already existing/successful product. Nothing about that decision makes any sense, except that it is "easier."

I would also expect RPG factory to announce updates on the North American project.

And I did talk to ebil and she did all but let the cat out of the bag. The fact the team is gone and there isn't an iota of information since also suggests this.

I entirely expect that if they ever republish in an English Language, it won't be with AGE.

If you want to counter that, get a credible PM or Admin within Aeria to make a statement.

I really want to be proven wrong. So prove me wrong.  

A fallacy is an incorrect inference form, and not any act which may result from such an incorrect inference form. My BA is in Philosophy, and I specialized in Logic. I even taught Logic at the university level. Do not presume that you know more about the subject than I do. You are still misusing the term.

You said you had one conversation with Ebil. You also admitted that she "hinted" such and such (and your interpretation of what you took to be a hint of such and such, based on no inside knowledge, is dubious), and stated that this conversation took place a mere two months after the start of the hiatus. I can assure you, I spoke with both Ebil and Taz numerous times, over several months, and I know more about the situation than I am at liberty to divulge. I will, however, point out that the situation was not, and is not, static. You can take my word for it or not, but I'm not going to grab a current Staff member to come in and respond simply because you want information. As soon as I am given additional information that would be relevant to the players, and have license to reveal it, I will do so, and not before.

Why beat a dead horse?

A sample logic 101 statement is below.

"If the game will return then it will return when ready and if the game won't return, then it won't!" How hard can that be?

No need to argue about logic or philosophy because we have no idea about the education levels of anyone even if with claims much less for the people who flaunt theirs. There is no need for credentials-slapping session here.

My suggestion to the GS's who are on auto "counter-attack" mode when people post something with even the slightest hint of "negativity" towards anything:

LET PEOPLE EXPRESS THEMSELVES.
DO NOT RESPOND TO AN ARGUMENTARY OP, you will only make matters worse because you have no idea what or who u are up against in "intelligence terms" even if u are sure u are more intelligent and learned that others. The only way you could probably win is to scare people of being banned and that's not a good representation of the owners of the game.
DO NOT THREATEN PEOPLE OF SUSPENSION OR ACCOUNT BLOCKING. You are not an AGE police and even if you are, you are policing a game that no longer exist, which raises my eyebrows.

I can't help but admire the conviction of the few GS here lest to some extent that I'm reading one GS who almost always agree on anything good or said about the game or AGE without hesitation. It's laughable. I wonder what the motivation is?

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

SimbaXp92

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2014 12:50 pm
The game will support dual graphic cards?

jimolipo

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2014 12:07 pm
cut the ****..and give us some good news..almost a year already.(sighs)