FnaticVoltage

Rank 0
FnaticVoltage
PostedJan 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Guild Emblem Help

Transparent background problem
Hey guys, i encounter on a bit of a problem, when i make a guild emblem and it has transparent background using the 255 red and 255 blue option, it always has that pink outline which ruins everything Q_Q And i've seen guild who doesnt have that one, So my question i need help with is: How do i create transparent background without the pink horrible outline?
Advertisement

Belami

Rank 0
Belami
PostedJan 18, 2014 1:36 pm
would be awesome to get any answers...bcoz i suffer the same problem :/ so HEEEELLLLPPP

aikatsuyuri

Rank 1
aikatsuyuri
TheOneThatIsOnTopWhenWeAreInBed United States
PostedJan 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Guild Emblem Help

FnaticVoltage wrote:
Hey guys, i encounter on a bit of a problem, when i make a guild emblem and it has transparent background using the 255 red and 255 blue option, it always has that pink outline which ruins everything Q_Q And i've seen guild who doesnt have that one, So my question i need help with is: How do i create transparent background without the pink horrible outline?  

I'm going to assume albeit I've never tried it, that you didn't go into edit mode and completely fill it which you'd have to manually use a brush to fix that.

FnaticVoltage

Rank 0
FnaticVoltage
PostedJan 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Guild Emblem Help

aikatsuyuri wrote:
FnaticVoltage wrote:

I'm going to assume albeit I've never tried it, that you didn't go into edit mode and completely fill it which you'd have to manually use a brush to fix that.  

Well i picked the color manually, then just used bucket fill tool and filled the background, then putted the render on top, resized etc and saved

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Aycee.

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2014 2:17 pm   Last edited by Aycee. on Jan 18, 2014 2:22 pm. Edited 2 times in total
The problem that you're probably having is when shrinking it down some of the pixels are becoming semi transparent and blending in with the pink. If you're using photoshop you can fix this by first rendering the emblem and then creating a background layer filled with the pink. Then doubling the emblem layer and merging it down onto itself 8 or so times. CTRL+J to double and CTRL+E to merge down, just make sure you lock the background layer that way you don't merge your emblem down onto it. If you're using another program then I'm not sure how to go about it.

FnaticVoltage

Rank 0
FnaticVoltage
PostedJan 18, 2014 2:20 pm
Aycee. wrote:
The problem that you're probably having is when shrinking it down some of the pixels are becoming semi transparent and blending in with the pink. If you're using photoshop you can fix this by first rendering the emblem and then creating a background layer filled with the pink. Then doubling the emblem layer and merging it down onto itself 8 or so times. CTRL+J to double and CTRL+E to merge down, just make sure you lock the background layer that way you don't merge your emblem down onto it. If you're using another program then I'm not sure how to go about it.  

Alright, gonna try that one now, thanks for the info

Edit; It works, but then the symbol becomes too, um... idk.. it's not the same as only 1 layer~ It's like drawing something and then repeating it over and over again ..

Aycee.

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2014 3:05 pm
Ok then you'll have to fill in the transparent pixels manually. I'll give you the steps to identify which ones are semi transparent.

First make sure you have a separate layer for your emblem and the pink background.

Now make 2 new empty layers placed on top of your emblem layer and fill them both in with white.

Next CTRL+Click your emblem photo in the layers section, this should select everything in your emblem layer.

Then go to Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal Selection, this should create a black and white copy of your emblem, drag and drop that to one of the white layers and then repeat the process a second time for the other one.

Next ALT+ Left click the Layer mask on the first layer and go to Image> Adjustments > Threshold and set it to 255.

Do the same for the layer directly on top of your emblem layer but set the threshold to 1.

Now Right Click on the very top mask with the 255 threshold and click Add Mask to Selection.

Finally go to the second mask with the 1 threshold and right click but this time choose Subtract mask from selection.

You should now have all the pixels that are semi transparent selected and you can now color them in. Smile