justinfong8

Rank 4
justinfong8
PostedJan 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Linking Item to Chat

Self-Censoring
Some items self-censor themselves, as some people are aware. The items that censor themselves are ones with filtered words, for example maybe trying to link a fictional item called <Japanese Kimono>. The "Jap" would be filtered and the link won't work.

As a side note, this happens in EE as well. I have not played GF in a while so I do not know about GF.
Advertisement

Denove

Rank 0
Denove
PostedJan 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: Linking Item to Chat

Self-Censoring
justinfong8 wrote:
Some items self-censor themselves, as some people are aware. The items that censor themselves are ones with filtered words, for example maybe trying to link a fictional item called <Japanese Kimono>. The "Jap" would be filtered and the link won't work.

As a side note, this happens in EE as well. I have not played GF in a while so I do not know about GF.  

Yeah. I find this quite annoying. I believe we need an option to turn on/off censor settings.

justinfong8

Rank 4
justinfong8
PostedJan 02, 2014 5:37 pm
People would start cussing inappropriately if censor settings are turned off, but I just don't want any item to censor themselves.

Sincool22222

Rank 0
Sincool22222
PostedJan 02, 2014 6:54 pm
Censoring in a bigger word shouldn't apply. Like , Mass , class , not even *** since isn't an offensive word, but just a normal world .
It was discussed in other topic / forum too . ( I think there was a sugestion made in the sugestions forum - turning the filter chat on / off)
I really hope they would still look into it.
Both filter not apply in bigger words (as I said , class , mass etc) and turning on / off filter would be good to have implemented.

darkfiya

Rank 0
darkfiya
PostedJan 02, 2014 11:20 pm
What do you know....all "assassin" related items are censored and there are a lot of them...it will be really annoying

Saize420

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
Saize420
PostedJan 04, 2014 7:23 am
Word!

Everytime when I sit in Navea and talk to some ppl. and we start talking about our chars there is always the "class-problem", guess you know what I´m talking about ._.