iTigress

Rank 2
iTigress
PostedDec 30, 2013 7:19 pm

New Year Wishes for the GM/GS Team

Some thoughts
Don't really play this game any more but I have to say that from early access till now the SF2 experience is great! Thanks to all the GS/GM's and the "behind-the-scenes" staff for their continuous support for the players and the game!
However, there are still some in-game content I would like to see added in 2014:

1. Adding the K2/Galil ARM and the AUG A3 and the AA12 into the game.
I know so many players pissed off about this lol. TBH you guys can push out these guns for AP now so the ppl who want them can get them, and then push it out for SP later. I'm sure people won't complain, it is actually a brilliant plan to make money, the game will still be free/fair, but just that the AP people can get these guns earlier.
2. Making a more popular match channel.
I know that this is perhaps the hardest problem of all trying to motivate this community full of casuals, but you can srsly jack up the rewards for playing in the match channel to make people play (look at AVA's system of clan platoon tiers).
I might be just being mouthy, but I suggest for SF2 to shut down the public channels for 1 week, forcing people to go to the corps channel and make clan wars, this will help start off the corps channels (right now people don't wanna go CW because there's no one there, so make people go there!)
3. Bigger tiered spenders
I know a lot of big spenders that are pissed because all the tiers are really small, maybe throw in A LOT more skins and make separate tiers for the big spenders (like ava, make'em go up to $200 ap, people will complain, but others will rejoice).

That's about it! Sorry for the long post, but I just have so many ideas that could save this game. SF2 isn't dying, but it isn't exactly prospering either.
TLDR
Anyways, have a good 2014 guys, I hope all your New Year's resolutions come true!

Advertisement

DOODMANO

Heroic Founder: Soldier Front 2
DOODMANO
PostedDec 30, 2013 8:50 pm
Mmm, AA-12 was available through multiple select tiered spenders only as mystery box, mostly in the upper tiers
So it's kind of hard to say what to do

Putting it into the shop would make people happy because that's where it should have been to start with, but would devalue the gun severely for those that already have it. Might make them a bit annoyed.

However, not putting it into the shop is just... Not really good in its own way either. Since this is a basic non-skinned weapon that is in the shop in every other version. From what I see, not a lot of people miss the AA-12 like the K2 and AUG, but it still is an original and staple gun.

KT_Kross

Rank 3
KT_Kross
PostedDec 31, 2013 10:48 am
Aeria: "It's DF's fault - they won't allow us to release the K2, and you said you didn't want the K2 for AP"

-> proceeds to release K2 for AP capsules and tiered spenders

Hipster29

Rank 3
Hipster29
United States, United States & United States
PostedDec 31, 2013 11:14 am
I have read all of this and will bring it upon the GM's on our next meeting.

... I don't agree with ,shutting down the public channels, some players don't like to be in the competetive field.

[Baby you deserve the whole enchilada Gucci and Prada]
#Memphis#Versus#Devo#Falcon#HigherCalibur#SplitKicks
Steam: YoungRoboLove
*I play CS:GO Now*

YGKeyed

Heroic Founder: Soldier Front 2
YGKeyed
PostedDec 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: New Year Wishes for the GM/GS Team

Some thoughts
iTigress wrote:
Don't really play this game any more but I have to say that from early access till now the SF2 experience is great! Thanks to all the GS/GM's and the "behind-the-scenes" staff for their continuous support for the players and the game!
However, there are still some in-game content I would like to see added in 2014:

1. Adding the K2/Galil ARM and the AUG A3 and the AA12 into the game.
I know so many players pissed off about this lol. TBH you guys can push out these guns for AP now so the ppl who want them can get them, and then push it out for SP later. I'm sure people won't complain, it is actually a brilliant plan to make money, the game will still be free/fair, but just that the AP people can get these guns earlier.
2. Making a more popular match channel.[/b]
I know that this is perhaps the hardest problem of all trying to motivate this community full of casuals, but you can srsly jack up the rewards for playing in the match channel to make people play (look at AVA's system of clan platoon tiers).
I might be just being mouthy, but I suggest for SF2 to shut down the public channels for 1 week, forcing people to go to the corps channel and make clan wars, this will help start off the corps channels (right now people don't wanna go CW because there's no one there, so make people go there!)
3. Bigger tiered spenders
I know a lot of big spenders that are pissed because all the tiers are really small, maybe throw in A LOT more skins and make separate tiers for the big spenders (like ava, make'em go up to $200 ap, people will complain, but others will rejoice).

That's about it! Sorry for the long post, but I just have so many ideas that could save this game. SF2 isn't dying, but it isn't exactly prospering either.
TLDR
Anyways, have a good 2014 guys, I hope all your New Year's resolutions come true!  

Terrible idea on the public channels part

Memphis

Aeria: Product Manager
Memphis
PostedDec 31, 2013 3:00 pm
KT_Kross wrote:
Aeria: "It's DF's fault - they won't allow us to release the K2, and you said you didn't want the K2 for AP"

-> proceeds to release K2 for AP capsules and tiered spenders  

To clarify, DF wanted it as AP, and it was not something we wanted. We requested that the K2 be implemented into the Weapon progression series, which will have MK1-5, and allowing players to spend cash or SP on it.

This goes for the Sig, Scorpion, and Aug A3

Implementing guns that weren't intended to be in the MK series takes time. This gun will be released soon

Hipster29

Rank 3
Hipster29
United States, United States & United States
PostedDec 31, 2013 7:00 pm
aeriafails444 wrote:
inb4aeriadoesntlisten like always loololololol  

ill remember this

[Baby you deserve the whole enchilada Gucci and Prada]
#Memphis#Versus#Devo#Falcon#HigherCalibur#SplitKicks
Steam: YoungRoboLove
*I play CS:GO Now*

h_bear16

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2013 8:24 pm
aeriafails444 wrote:
you'll remember to do nothing like the rest of the staff Confused  

mad cuz ban
hawhawhaw

"If there ever comes a time we can't be together , keep me in your heart and I will be with you forever" ~ W.P

iTigress

Rank 2
iTigress
PostedDec 31, 2013 8:27 pm
Hipster29 wrote:
I have read all of this and will bring it upon the GM's on our next meeting.

... I don't agree with ,shutting down the public channels, some players don't like to be in the competetive field.  

My suggestion would prolly piss off so many players lol
but you have to admit that despite the rage that it would bring forcing players to corp matches is the fastest way of getting the match channel populated

but thanks for your consideration! ^_^

Memphis

Aeria: Product Manager
Memphis
PostedJan 01, 2014 1:09 am
aeriafails444 wrote:
you'll remember to do nothing like the rest of the staff Confused  

Issue has been addressed. Enjoy the new year