Urabenyu

Rank 0
Urabenyu
PostedDec 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Good Grenadier build/subclass?

I play a 45 grenadier with sub duelist and I was wondering how I can make it better.
I keep losing duels to duelists and bards and I seem to die a lot.
I point points into attack and def, but it doesn't really seem to help. Which stats should I invest in and what envoys path is good for grenadier? Smile I would appreciate advice!
Advertisement

licorices

Rank 0
licorices
PostedDec 28, 2013 8:11 pm
If you're planning on dueling, put points into Evasion, instead of defence. I don't know how you're supposed to spec offensive, but crit seems like a good choice instead of dmg.

Renren245

Rank 1
Renren245
PostedDec 28, 2013 9:47 pm
Defense won't help you that much as a grenadier unless you are running defensive armor sets, so either go for hp+Man VS wild or stick to evasion as far as offense Crit+ Crit damage will give your better output then damage and definitly get the +10% acc from envoys.

But even then since you don't get the passive evasion boost of a duelist and grenadier envoys as very little eva you won't get that much out of eva either unless you plan on running a defensive armor set.

CombatZink

Rank 0
CombatZink
PostedDec 28, 2013 9:59 pm
For offense, I've had good success with going 3 to 1 ratio in Damage to crit. (ex: 30 damage 10 crit)

As for defense for ranged classes I think you could be running 3 to 1 ratio again but in Evasion to hp.

I'm not saying this is the best, I'm saying this is what i've had the most success with pve and pvp.

Urabenyu

Rank 0
Urabenyu
PostedDec 28, 2013 10:26 pm
licorices wrote:
If you're planning on dueling, put points into Evasion, instead of defence. I don't know how you're supposed to spec offensive, but crit seems like a good choice instead of dmg.  

Renren245 wrote:
Defense won't help you that much as a grenadier unless you are running defensive armor sets, so either go for hp+Man VS wild or stick to evasion as far as offense Crit+ Crit damage will give your better output then damage and definitly get the +10% acc from envoys.  

I thought that def would be better since EVA is a chance to dodge while def was 100% chance to block. I guess I should try to put points into Evasion thanks Smile

Urabenyu

Rank 0
Urabenyu
PostedDec 28, 2013 10:27 pm
CombatZink wrote:
For offense, I've had good success with going 3 to 1 ratio in Damage to crit. (ex: 30 damage 10 crit)

As for defense for ranged classes I think you could be running 3 to 1 ratio again but in Evasion to hp.

I'm not saying this is the best, I'm saying this is what i've had the most success with pve and pvp.  

should i put points into SPD to boost my cooldown rate?

CombatZink

Rank 0
CombatZink
PostedDec 28, 2013 11:57 pm
Urabenyu wrote:
CombatZink wrote:

should i put points into SPD to boost my cooldown rate?  

Don't hold me to this, but I think on non caster spd is useless. I know I'll get flamed, but 2s-4's cd's are good enough for me.