Advertisement

SiegLhein

Rank 4
SiegLhein
PostedDec 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: best pve class

hidros16 wrote:
more focus on solo gaming  

Anything with a large aoe and coupled up with life steal proc, actually.

Except for bard maybe.

jaguar6520

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2013 5:40 pm
I'm just going to go on a limb but i'm assuming grend is best PvE solo

ryan71694

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2013 9:44 pm
The best PVE class is bard. im currently lvl 50 and dungeons are a huge factor. bards can easily solo any dungeon out there and no class comes close to soloing like a bard as they are unkillable. wizards and sorcerers have a hard time with bosses. grenadiers are fairly good at solo since they have heals and so are gunslingers since the have alot of cc. guardians are good because they just tank really well if you have merilee because she heals. duelist are ok if you build full evade because they dodge alot but are extremely squishy. i built my bard full speed for cooldown reduction and full hp so i could survive alot. defense isnt good for many classes other than guardian or if you plan to take envoy path defense because you get a lot from equipment. Bard is the best pve class and they are good at pvp because bards keep your party alive which allows the duelist to kill people.

Belhala

Rank 0
PostedDec 22, 2013 10:01 pm
ryan71694 wrote:
The best PVE class is bard. im currently lvl 50 and dungeons are a huge factor. bards can easily solo any dungeon out there and no class comes close to soloing like a bard as they are unkillable. wizards and sorcerers have a hard time with bosses. grenadiers are fairly good at solo since they have heals and so are gunslingers since the have alot of cc. guardians are good because they just tank really well if you have merilee because she heals. duelist are ok if you build full evade because they dodge alot but are extremely squishy. i built my bard full speed for cooldown reduction and full hp so i could survive alot. defense isnt good for many classes other than guardian or if you plan to take envoy path defense because you get a lot from equipment. Bard is the best pve class and they are good at pvp because bards keep your party alive which allows the duelist to kill people.  

inb4 bard is op, but either way i main a wizard myself and so far im having no issues what not soloing any content, except well Otherworld Skandia is kinda iffy *cough* but yeah.

Bard might be safest but def not fastest.

DevilInGlasses

Rank 1
DevilInGlasses
PostedDec 22, 2013 10:30 pm
sorc doesn't have a hard time with bosses at all, with all the status debuffs and life drain, sorc can easily take on bosses with sigrun tanking or (if harp sub) the fire elemental

le.bruce.ex

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
le.bruce.ex
PostedDec 23, 2013 12:06 am

Guardian/ Bard
I don't know why but I want to say Guardian/ Bard. I haven't tried this combo but I fell this combination can dominate PvE. Perhaps someone can explain why . . It's just a gut feeling. Wink

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 23, 2013 12:08 am
Every class can solo everything besides party/Hard mode at the correct levels.

Building your stats correctly, and sigils, and ultimate skills, completely changes classes, so there's no best, just how well you can play it.

ryan71694

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2013 12:42 am
Lets use a GG (Gliden Glen lvl 40 dungeon) solo/normal run as an example. My main is a bard/sorcerer. i run a solo run in about 3-4 minutes because i can pull everything to boss and kill it. i was doing this at lvl 43 because your heals are so op. yes i do less damage then other classes but i can do 20 mobs at once while other classes cant so i end up being faster. I can also solo party mode of GG that takes a long time but i can do it. On my wizard/sorcerer i can solo but it takes me about 10 minutes and actually requires me to think of dodging and i cant really make huge pulls. my third character is a duelist gunslinger with full evade and crit. i hit like a truck and can solo but not as fast as my bard. my friend did Guardian bard, and said its good for pve, but the problem is if you are squading the HoT skills dont stack between different people so theirs will be the ones working which are the best heals for pve as the ones that would fork take 2 seconds to cast which is to long. for soloing its good but partying is better as you get more exp because of the party multiplier. 5 person squad is 25% more exp. 2 is 10% and so on. bards also do a lot of damage when you get your second class if you go wizard or sorcerer. your doing damage based off that weapon so your damage goes up alot. I have 40k hp at lvl 50 on my bard. I heal for over 3k a second with my HoTs and my main single target heal heals me for over 10k. i also do damage that is close to a sorcerer of my level. in pvp excelsior arena which is a 5v5 all out duel. im always in first place for points and im usually in second for kills. i get alot of kills. around 7 a round. people assume bards are weak but if you get gear with damage in it you hit just as hard as other classes. very few people can kill me in a 1v1.

VanillaLotus

Rank 2
VanillaLotus
PostedDec 23, 2013 1:11 am
I'm waiting for the CB to come out but from experience I think the best option would be something that has good def/ healing abilities.
So in general that leaves a lot of options, I suppose, since many of AK's classes can heal.

Hestia | Bard/Sorc | 70
Thanks Ayumii for the lovely sig!