xHumor

Rank 0
xHumor
PostedDec 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Costumes?

The game is not too shabby so far, but this is definitely one thing that'll completely ruin the game (at least for me).

I get the idea that Aeria Games needs to make money off of a game, and that in general, they're not the "worst" when it comes to cash shops and what not. But they should honestly speak with X-Legend, and get them to actually add some armor/equipment apparel. Strictly being bound to costumes as to how your character looks is kind of... Well, in more appropriate words then what I was thinking... "Silly".

Sure, you can "Rent" a costume using the Loyalty points, but, I'd much rather keep a costume rather than having to keep "Renting" it, and or being forced to spend cash (even though money is no object to me anyways).

I've just started the game not too long ago, maybe an hour, but is the cash/loyalty shop the only way to obtain costumes as of now? Hopefully not, definitely wouldn't be worth sticking with the game if that's the case.
Advertisement

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 17, 2013 8:22 pm
I've gotten at least 20 permanent costumes off dungeon drops already, and my guildies have gotten quite a few as well.

You can get them permanently from dungeon bosses, and probably many more methods in the future.

SakiRukino

Rank 0
SakiRukino
PostedDec 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: Costumes?

xHumor wrote:
The game is not too shabby so far, but this is definitely one thing that'll completely ruin the game (at least for me).

I get the idea that Aeria Games needs to make money off of a game, and that in general, they're not the "worst" when it comes to cash shops and what not. But they should honestly speak with X-Legend, and get them to actually add some armor/equipment apparel. Strictly being bound to costumes as to how your character looks is kind of... Well, in more appropriate words then what I was thinking... "Silly".

Sure, you can "Rent" a costume using the Loyalty points, but, I'd much rather keep a costume rather than having to keep "Renting" it, and or being forced to spend cash (even though money is no object to me anyways).

I've just started the game not too long ago, maybe an hour, but is the cash/loyalty shop the only way to obtain costumes as of now? Hopefully not, definitely wouldn't be worth sticking with the game if that's the case.  

Costumes & Mounts, Dyes and Costume Enchants item all can be obtain in Game. Not necessary to spend Cash to get it unless those "Shiny Costume" which can only be obtain thru Lucky Bags from AP / Loyalty Points, in which Aeria doesn't have it right now.

xHumor

Rank 0
xHumor
PostedDec 17, 2013 9:01 pm
Ah excellent.

Hopefully once the shiny costumes come out in the cash shop, they're also permanent. Love to drop some cash on permanent stuff.

It's just simply good to know that you don't always look the same, and actually run dungeons for more then just gear.

dorijan56

Rank 0
dorijan56
PostedDec 18, 2013 2:03 am
I've alredy gotten some costumes in game yes, and bought some accessorize in the cash shop with loyalty points but I don't like the idea of renting something. I want it to be mine forever:D

MMXU

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
MMXU
PostedDec 18, 2013 2:28 am
I'm sure the stuff in the loyalty shop is just a "taste" of things to come. I'm not exactly sure how it's handled in the other versions of AK, but I would think after OB that the costumes in the loyalty shop will be permanent, or at least have temporary and permanent versions of each costume available there.

I'm sure it will be no different with the regular cash shop costumes as well. As far as acquiring costumes in game is concerned, as others above have said, you can get them from certain dungeon mobs and completing certain quests in the game. It won't all be cash shop exclusive for those who fear that it will. It shouldn't, at least not by what I've seen and experienced thus far.

lew4680

Rank 0
lew4680
PostedDec 18, 2013 3:18 am
xHumor wrote:
Ah excellent.

Hopefully once the shiny costumes come out in the cash shop, they're also permanent. Love to drop some cash on permanent stuff.

It's just simply good to know that you don't always look the same, and actually run dungeons for more then just gear.  

The shiny costumes wont come out till after the server wipe