billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 11, 2013 3:36 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
@ Bill; Smaller guilds afaik got slaughtered in those stable erde MM's; The Bosses were all grouped together, so it was basically like 200-300 players all within the same area, vying over 4-5 bosses. We actually left most times because our little raid of 16 people couldn't survive 20 seconds vs the hundreds of lights who saw our guys as free kills. Raigo was actually more small guild friendly, simply because it was so spread out.  

I'll admit that my opinion is heavily biased through my experience as a Light side player, and that we were rarely on the receiving end of Fury attention, unless we opted to go for the action down by the bridge.

Bosses WERE spread out, though. Several of the minibases had spawns, there were spawns at Tiamatt Temple, and at various other locations around the map in addition to the Highway #1 spawns. Off the top of my head, I can list ten or more locations that we tried to keep tabs on, and that was just the western half of the map. And all of these spawns held bosses that were desirable. Sure, we would have to compete with other guilds/servers for them, but the major, large guilds were rarely able to cover them all. Which gave us happy nubs a shot at glory. We didn't strike gold every week, but at least we did a lot more often than after the server merge, where we made up the 2nd/3rd rank Light raid and only struck gold (read: Dios) less than a handful of times in D-water up until the MM times were changed.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 11, 2013 7:07 pm
billdoor wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
@ Bill; Smaller guilds afaik got slaughtered in those stable erde MM's; The Bosses were all grouped together, so it was basically like 200-300 players all within the same area, vying over 4-5 bosses. We actually left most times because our little raid of 16 people couldn't survive 20 seconds vs the hundreds of lights who saw our guys as free kills. Raigo was actually more small guild friendly, simply because it was so spread out.  

I'll admit that my opinion is heavily biased through my experience as a Light side player, and that we were rarely on the receiving end of Fury attention, unless we opted to go for the action down by the bridge.

Bosses WERE spread out, though. Several of the minibases had spawns, there were spawns at Tiamatt Temple, and at various other locations around the map in addition to the Highway #1 spawns. Off the top of my head, I can list ten or more locations that we tried to keep tabs on, and that was just the western half of the map. And all of these spawns held bosses that were desirable. Sure, we would have to compete with other guilds/servers for them, but the major, large guilds were rarely able to cover them all. Which gave us happy nubs a shot at glory. We didn't strike gold every week, but at least we did a lot more often than after the server merge, where we made up the 2nd/3rd rank Light raid and only struck gold (read: Dios) less than a handful of times in D-water up until the MM times were changed.  

I heard later on they started doing the all over map spawns, but pretty much the first 2-3 months of jungle MM ruined it for us, where they were all pretty much around the bridge. I never really went after to check.

@ James; In jungle on OS, now they can. OS jungle is segregated by barriers and level groupings. You could literally only spawn 50 mobs in the 50-59 zone, and 60-65 in the 60 zone, etc.

AH; I think I know what you're implying; even if they spawn level relevant for a level group, the ubers still take the kills? right? Yes; there I would have to agree with you. You'd pretty much have to have MM in a Guild house to be able to accommodate something like that. Still, moving MM to the level based Jungle zones would remove the problem of 80's taking it all versus hundreds of hungry non 80s, which is the status quo. At least it would minimize the issue by making it only about whose got gear and who doesn't, rather than whose got gear + level.

elizabobo

Rank 3
elizabobo
PostedDec 12, 2013 6:26 pm
Anyone remember old school MM -like ep3- style??

Mobs spawned outside Gliter and Keo...

Now with all the IS people this could be a viable option for some players..and
still keep the pvp map MM for the pvpers.

..and please more gold pigs at MM.
I like the worker's restoration pots they drop.

Undead246

Rank 1
PostedDec 12, 2013 7:19 pm
Yeah haruh outside gliter was fun back then, but now... the lag is unimaginable. Xmas patch + the high amount of players there due to IS + the high amount of players that would be there for the MM.