zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedNov 20, 2013 12:36 am
Well in my experience at 70 arena. If you are an AM you will need +18/15 70 staff and +10armour. No other fort for armour will cut it. At 70 am have good dmg reduc as said above but as soon I one drops ss/wl,ds/every1 else just beat their life out of them. Even I kill some ams and I haven't op'd yet. So yh aim for 5k def+

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedNov 20, 2013 3:52 am
I think 5k is not enough, I have 5k defence on +6 armor as an SS (and we have lower defence than AM since they have steel body at + masters).

Just getting back to what the OP originally wanted information on. In terms of tanking MPT, you will want about +17 PvP armor. Basically you're trying to reach the point where you can afford to take a few hits before you can rely on damage reduction. My lover is an AM on a high forted and she can tank fairly well, her IGN: ShinyMoltres. She can also tank the bulk of normal PT mobs in one go and also the NDT bosses (we kinda share the tanking and just DPS the crap out of them).

baffkoffer

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2013 6:49 am
like i said .. i only got a few kgold .. so what should i do now? .. i'm 69 .. have a lvl 70 yellow staff non fort .. wearing lvl 60 armor wich i'll prob change in lvl 75 armor when i get the money for it ... i dont need to own dungeons .. i dont even play pvp .. but i want that other players think that i'm pretty good and not a noob/loser .. and that i'm a litte helpfull ..

Killvin666

Rank 2
Killvin666
PostedNov 20, 2013 8:26 am

Next steps (General)

once you have your yellow, make sure to fort it to at least +5-7 (you don't want to break it if you can't afford mallets yet). If it has slots, stone it with +8% magic crit damage. Grind your masteries up as well as gear cultivation. I suggest INT + M-ATK on the staff.

Get a 71+ sprite and try crafting the set yourself, or if you hate crafting (as I do) then you can save up money and purchase it from another player..

I don't have much advice for being an AM, but the others answered that quite well. Just fort your staff so you can kill things faster, and work on saving up money.

Edit: Oh, and one other thing.. don't care what others think Very Happy Just do what you want to do and have fun.

iR_Rad2

Rank 3
PostedNov 20, 2013 10:33 am
I would advise that you get 70 sprite set. If you mainly are a pve person , 15% damage reduction wont make make much of a difference. And i highly doubt you'll be able to level to 75 without the 70 set.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

baffkoffer

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2013 5:46 am
so i need to get a lvl 70 set .. with +5 fort at least until i find the lvl 75 one?
get my staff to +7? .. with INT and MATK masteries?

Killvin666

Rank 2
Killvin666
PostedNov 21, 2013 12:19 pm
baffkoffer wrote:
so i need to get a lvl 70 set .. with +5 fort at least until i find the lvl 75 one?
get my staff to +7? .. with INT and MATK masteries?  

If you can get it to +7 yes, if not don't worry too much about it until you can get enough gold. Better to have a weapon with little forting than to have one with no dura ;3

~Made by my lover, xJoce. <3