MattyNance

Rank 0
PostedNov 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Mounts dismounting upon combat

There is a reason for this I will make it clear....
Okay for the past week or so when I been playing scarlet blade there has been this player running around this pvp map Caergate he is constantly abusing the mount he runs around on mount taunting people and causing people to walk right into traps even newbies this constant abuse of the mount system needs to have a fix either dismount during combat and give pvp maps that are open that don't need a que an item you can buy to immediately dismount any enemy in a certain radius
Advertisement

streetlucifer

Rank 0
streetlucifer
PostedNov 19, 2013 9:05 am
It's called baiting. It's a common trait in most games that contain open world pvp.
Runescape, WoW, Everquest, League of Legends, you name it. They all do the same thing.

Solution?

1. Don't fall for the bait.
2. If you do follow, don't continue if he keeps going.
3. Hunt him/her as a big group. Always expect an ambush. Travel with a sentinel with inner sight or a medic with that veil for those pesky SWs. Coordinate your slow/stun debuffs, as they always prove useful on running prey.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedNov 19, 2013 10:49 pm
Funny and not the frist suggestion of it's kind

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedNov 20, 2013 9:44 pm
You wouldn't be making this suggestion if you got into situations where you had to make a quick escape. I'd rather have the option to remain mounted and flee than to get mobbed (by mobs or Arkana) and slotted. The better thing to improve would be to automatically dismount once the player has keyed in a skill for use.

Support your faction; share your spares.

Ishrakfel

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2014 12:40 pm
I think, it would be better if there were a chance to dismount an enemy by hitting them, maybe 15% - 25% chance to dismount would be good, so they would need to be carefull to no being hit but, they would be able to escape too

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:17 am
Nice thread necro (although on a less active board)!

On topic, chances of evading a hit are determined by EVA, Ch-EVA, and VOID. Reduction of damage is determined by DEF. As they translate, it takes extremely high stats to be able to evade much of a given strike. That means one's chances of being hit are fairly high, so if there was a force dismount, you would be stuck if you fell under attack.

As it is, many of the Arkana I have encountered in Caergate and Viledon use their stun effects to halt any movement I might use, and kill me before it wears off. Being knocked off my bike would just compound the difficulties, since we cannot remount in combat.

Being stun-locked to death is just as annoying whether it's done from behind or while mounted. Your enemy already has plenty of ways to kill you, so why give them more?

Like streetlucifer said, either don't fall for the bait, or hunt in a pack. Stun-lock your enemy and take 'em down or return to the relative safety of the base (because NPC guards are too weak for the base divers).

Support your faction; share your spares.