leoficz

Rank 0
PostedNov 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Punisher or Sentinel?

Which one for PvE & PvP?
I need some help here.

I have both, a lvl 21 Punisher and a lvl 13 Sentinel. I want to know which one is better for general pve and pvp?

Right now I'm finding really hard to play as Senti cuz she's a punch bag with low hp and Punisher has a lot of burst but I didn't like her dps.

Thanks guys ^^
Advertisement

drake619

Rank 0
drake619
PostedNov 03, 2013 4:48 pm
Well both classes have pros and cons. Well geared Punishers are capable of dealing huge amounts of damage and can kill in about 2-3 hits if they get their stun off before the target makes a move (If target is melee) or if they far enough within their range (Applies for both melee and ranged) and if the target has average gear (In my experience at least). Well geared Sentinels can also do that, stunning the target if melee and if they are far enough but within range, but in my experience sentinels need to use 3-5 skills to kill me if they get their disables off. In my experience, Sentinels with very high EVA are very difficult to kill. I have no problem with Punishers as long as I can disable them before they get their stun off. Sentinels are also very fast and tend to deal huge damage when in mech mode (Except Kuune, he's a monster), while Punishers deal huge damage even if they are not in mech mode but a slower pace than the Sentinels. All the things I've said here are from my experience it will most likely be different for everyone.

Apollinarius

Rank 0
Apollinarius
PostedNov 11, 2013 2:24 pm
Sentinels are almost unbeatable 1v1 with two stuns (one ranged and one melee) and huge movement speed combined with slowing attacks to kite any melee class all day.

Punishers are great in a bigger fight. Their mech has fantastic area damage, and one rotation from a Punisher can drop almost anyone, even when they're out of mech mode.

So, for Janus (and Turnpike) I'd vote Punisher, for Caergate (and later Viledon) I'd vote Sentinel. It really depends on where you want to PvP more. Punisher's lack of ranged stun really means that everyone can get away from you in a non-battleground scenario, while Sentinels can always get their kill.