cmapku

Rank 0
cmapku
PostedNov 05, 2013 6:12 am   Last edited by cmapku on Dec 29, 2013 7:04 am. Edited 1 time in total

Replace the torches in AH

Suggestion for graphics optimization
In AH, there are many large torches on the walls.
Maybe most users don't notice them, but they cause an awful graphics lagg to some of us.

I play from a netbook with no graphics card and I can clearly notice that the "fire" effects around the game are not optimized. All other effects are very good, but the fires lower my FPS dramatically.

The worst is in AH. There are many large torches around the walls there.
I have 30 sec freeze time when entering AH and believe that it is the same with every person, playing from a low-end machine or a graphics-deprived netbook.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that those torches be replaced with something else. Or at least their number be reduced.

P.S. I am pretty sure the lagg is not due to other people in AH.
Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedNov 09, 2013 9:58 pm
Have you tried switching from 32 bit to 16 bit and dropped your setting down to the lowest setting for your netbook?

I play on one from time to time. I find turning down alot of unneeded options helps alot.

NeverBeenSeen

Rank 0
NeverBeenSeen
PostedNov 13, 2013 10:39 pm
the lag i get in Ah does come from the people sadly

ddur3k6

Rank 0
ddur3k6
PostedNov 26, 2013 8:35 am
I play on two diff laptops. One of which i have the 15-30sec lag each time i load in. I've found that turning off helm/capes/Other Player Names BEFORE loading in, helps me tremendously on lag.

Not sayin it'd work fo ryou but maybe it'll help a little? Good Luck <3

cmapku

Rank 0
cmapku
PostedNov 27, 2013 12:16 pm
Thanks for the advices. Yet, I have turned all those things off and running it on 16 bit colors.

Maybe I did not explain this well, but I am sure that it is the torches, which cause the lagg. Some dungeons have too many torches as well and I get the same effect while no PC is around.