Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedOct 22, 2013 3:25 am
evilbeast wrote:
Why do we even have "bound" items if it's not going to matter.
If they don't give trading to us in game, the least they can do is get rid of that annoying warning every time about something being bound. What use is it if we can't trade or give it away to begin with.
Everything is automatically bound apparently.
It's just a reminder of how we're getting shorted on the game.  

You can drag unbound items over to bound items to make them stack together saving space.

Advertisement

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 22, 2013 3:44 am
Yes, I realize that. When you stack bound and unbound items you get the message. And some things aren't bound until you equip them.

But having them in game is pointless. It's just a constant reminder that we are the redheaded stepchildren in the Wartune world and we aren't getting the "full" game.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedOct 22, 2013 3:47 am
evilbeast wrote:
Yes, I realize that. When you stack bound and unbound items that's when you get the message.

But having them in game is pointless. It's just a constant reminder that we are the redheaded stepchildren in the Wartune world and we aren't getting the "full" game.  

The game is better without it honestly. Means you have to actually earn more of your stuff instead of getting hand outs or using alts for an advantage. You can do everything in game without the Auction House, so it's not a necessary function of the game. And we've all earned our stuff in this game without it already. No need for it to be brought in.

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 22, 2013 4:41 am
Maybe in your opinion.
Not all of us can earn stuff in game as quickly as others....what's your starting rage percentage Saveric?

I work for all my stuff and I struggle with events for the clothing that give you extra rage. I still have to spend cash on clothing just for synthesis to be able to use the skills I level into. And I'm not alone.

Alot of people can't get game shop items because they spend no cash in the game and can't Events trickle these items out slower than needed. So much for being free to play if the items you need are cash shop only.
Everything in game is set up for trade (or non-trade if they are bound) and when cashers are able to sell cash shop items to non-cashers, that is when the playing field will start to level out.

Cashers buying more Balens for items to sell in game means more cash for Wartune.

I have 1 account, no alts because I can't afford to fund 2 toons, and no....not everyone has gotten the stuff they need in this game already. It explains why I can beat some lvl 70's with my lvl 59 toon...I bet they have never bought a thing off of the item mall and don't have the rage to back up their skills.

The only reason you have an alt on the same server is because of the merge, and that happens quite frequently doesn't it.
Just because you don't want trade to happen in game doesn't mean it would be a bad thing for the rest of us and I still think it's not fair they won't give it to us but they will give it to everyone else....I guess other countries are more honest then us, eh?

Saveric

Saveric
PostedOct 22, 2013 4:58 am
evilbeast wrote:
Maybe in your opinion.
Not all of us can earn stuff in game as quickly as others....what's your starting rage percentage Saveric?

I work for all my stuff and I struggle with events for the clothing that give you extra rage. I still have to spend cash on clothing just for synthesis to be able to use the skills I level into. And I'm not alone.

Alot of people can't get game shop items because they spend no cash in the game and can't Events trickle these items out slower than needed. So much for being free to play if the items you need are cash shop only.
Everything in game is set up for trade (or non-trade if they are bound) and when cashers are able to sell cash shop items to non-cashers, that is when the playing field will start to level out.

Cashers buying more Balens for items to sell in game means more cash for Wartune.

I have 1 account, no alts because I can't afford to fund 2 toons, and no....not everyone has gotten the stuff they need in this game already. It explains why I can beat some lvl 70's with my lvl 59 toon...I bet they have never bought a thing off of the item mall and don't have the rage to back up their skills.

The only reason you have an alt on the same server is because of the merge, and that happens quite frequently doesn't it.
Just because you don't want trade to happen in game doesn't mean it would be a bad thing for the rest of us and I still think it's not fair they won't give it to us but they will give it to everyone else....I guess other countries are more honest then us, eh?  

27 Rage PvE, 37 Rage PvP.

My clothing all originated from Events(cept wings) and have leveled it through Spire and other events.

Auction House uses Balens to purchase items from other players in case you didn't know from other versions. So it doesn't really create more cash for Wartune because then Balens that are bought instead of being taken out of the game with Event purchases or Shop Items, they are instead used by players trading between alts to get the same things that are just unbound and then the balens just set there and float around.

2.1 you can get the majority of things from the Game Shop with ingame currency.

They are also making it in an upcoming patch where the Level 10 Starter Box has Hair clothing in it. Grats to the level 10's that get an additional 5 Starting rage, this wasn't till 2.2 I think it was though.

All the event clothing you can typically get 1-2 pieces, generally 1 sometimes 2, per event that has the clothing. So only takes 2-3 months to get a full set of clothing. Then as long as you keep doing Spire you will get the Fashion Shards to level them up.

Some people don't sit back and level Holy Seal or get the low level gear. Since a 50k BR person can do the 70MPs why waste time on farming low level gear and using insignias and Crypt tokens on them, when instead they can just jump straight into working on the 70 Gear which is the end game gear. Spending 48k Insignia on 60 Legend gear and then go and spend another 100k on 70 Legend gear, or would you rather get 70 Normal from converting up all the crystaloids you got while leveling and then just use 100k Insignia when you make it legendary. 60k BR is enough BR for Lych NM first two bosses. And depends on how you have your Atk at ~19k is enough Attack to kill the the final boss before her enrage. Which is earnable at 60k BR. Some people are after instant gratification of power others become stronger in the long run. It all depends on your play style, each person has their own. Also being Online or Offline has an effect on if a player is beatable. As being offline means that their Astrals that give +% effects no longer apply. You can see this easiest with players that Will Destroyer Critting in Arena Duels while offline.

There's many people that create just to keep making them because they get bored. I know of someone who loves to rage and has like 10 alts because they make them over and over again the same class. And it's silly, but they're all on the same server. There are also account sharing and guilds that have taken over people's accounts when they quit that a lot of those accounts have been locked now but they still have some of them(about 7-9 last I counted in that guild).
I've seen how the trade system has been abused in other games that are set up the same way as this one is on english servers. If you've ever played Call of Gods over here on Aeria you would know how that one can be abused by people. And the developers shifted many of the major things that were traded to being all bound items and gear in future dungeons became bound. Where instead of removing it, they just made it to where it could no longer be used for end game stuff. It's not like that in their chinese version of the game, but for the English version they had to result to that. 7Road has had talks with Boyojoy who runs Call of Gods and they have traded some systems for their games using them off of each other. Call of Gods got World Bosses from Wartune, 7Road got Sky City(Cloud City) from Boyojoy. The Sylph Arena coming out is from another Boyojoy game. Which development in china for these games are like that. They don't mind taking things from other games and the game developers don't mind it. They see what was changed when the other company did so. And then they go back and make modifications while getting something from them as well. So it turns out to be a win-win for them. In US, game developers are very secretive of their games and don't like other companies using what they use their designs. It's a cultural and marketing thing.

edit in bold

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 22, 2013 5:27 am
2-3 months, not missing anything and you get a full set of clothing?
That's cool, but you and I both know that's just the beginning.
I played Shaiya for 4 years and the economy got horrible. Item shop gear was sold for billions but people paid it because they needed the items and they couldn't get in game. I've seen the abuse, but I've also seen what good this could bring.

Seems to me, and I mean this with all due respect because I value your opinion...but you talk about everything like all you see is a little pile of things to get done to be where you need to be, when the rest of us see a mountain.

Those Balens people use in the auction house were bought by players already...it would be bad business on Wartunes part to charge for the same Balens twice.
If someone is buying Balens to improve their toon, but then has the opportunity to buy more Balens to buy cash shop items to sell in game, that means Wartune is making more cash then they would have if he was buying only for himself. The player is not making Balens or cash shop items, Wartune still get all the cash for every Balen and item bought. It's just resold for ingame gold (which is pixels) by the player.

I doubt the English servers are the only ones that abuse things. You can't tell me that other countries don't.
I just expected a better excuse other than we can't be trusted.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedOct 22, 2013 5:48 am
evilbeast wrote:
2-3 months, not missing anything and you get a full set of clothing?
That's cool, but you and I both know that's just the beginning.
I played Shaiya for 4 years and the economy got horrible. Item shop gear was sold for billions but people paid it because they needed the items and they couldn't get in game. I've seen the abuse, but I've also seen what good this could bring.

Seems to me, and I mean this with all due respect because I value your opinion...but you talk about everything like all you see is a little pile of things to get done to be where you need to be, when the rest of us see a mountain.

Those Balens people use in the auction house were bought by players already...it would be bad business on Wartunes part to charge for the same Balens twice.
If someone is buying Balens to improve their toon, but then has the opportunity to buy more Balens to buy cash shop items to sell in game, that means Wartune is making more cash then they would have if he was buying only for himself. The player is not making Balens or cash shop items, Wartune still get all the cash for every Balen and item bought. It's just resold for ingame gold (which is pixels) by the player.

I doubt the English servers are the only ones that abuse things. You can't tell me that other countries don't.
I just expected a better excuse other than we can't be trusted.  

You can miss quests and still get things, there is a bit of leeway in the events. Like before the mount whip and crops part of October when/if they occur you can get 59 of the Mount Scraps which is enough for the chest or helm.
The game already sells the gear in game in the mystery shop if players need to buy them with Balens.

Gold isn't used to buy the stuff in the Auction House as I stated. Buying things in the Cash Shop to sell into the Auction House is a loss for the person buying things from the Cash Shop. Why? Because you will have to sell it for LESS Balens than you had just purchased it for. Players need Balens to purchase items from the Auction House. It's a Balen to Item or Item to Balen transaction. No Gold. Gold is not a factor in it.

Things from Mystery Boxes in game are unbound. Players can use alts to get Unbound Cash Shop items from them and then use the alts to just transfer them to the main. Abusable.

The reason people see a mountain instead of a hill is because I've experienced it all and done trials. There are also many people that give false information about what BR is needed to actually do something. Like all the players asking for 60k+ for Moonevil NM. Sorry to tell you this, but we had been doing that back in early 50k upper 40k full clears no issue. I've seen people ask for 70k+ for Normal 70 MP's which is another lie as that's not needed. But because people make these exaggerations other people remember the people that are making those claims and then think they actually need said BRs for these places. Which isn't true at all. This is why people are afraid to level because of the misinformation that others give, because old guides with tutorial videos that are in posts in these forums have been buried back a few pages by people posting QQ threads.

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 22, 2013 6:04 am
Are you talking about the mystery shop in game right now?
Or are you saying that the auction house they won't give us is strictly Balen based both ways?

You shouldn't be able to charge game currency for an item posted in a trade market. In every game I've been in, things were bought by players with, for example, AP from the cash shop, and sold in game for gold or in game currency or traded for other items. After AP was used initially to bring things into the game from the cash shop...AP wasn't used again for those items by either player.

KenderTDS

Rank 1
PostedOct 22, 2013 8:57 am
evilbeast wrote:
Or are you saying that the auction house they won't give us is strictly Balen based both ways?

You shouldn't be able to charge game currency for an item posted in a trade market. In every game I've been in, things were bought by players with, for example, AP from the cash shop, and sold in game for gold or in game currency or traded for other items. After AP was used initially to bring things into the game from the cash shop...AP wasn't used again for those items by either player.  

If I buy a Fashion Core from shop (which is 395 Balens) and put it up in the AH that we aren't getting I would be selling it for Balens not GOLD. Gold has no place in the AH.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedOct 22, 2013 10:10 am
evilbeast wrote:

He is talking about Auction House. Items will get sold/bought there for balens, not gold.

That is why Auction House does not generate income for the developers, but instead allows balens to circulate for longer and so lower sales. It is also why the potential impact of abuse is so great.