Tigerjake

Rank 0
Tigerjake
PostedOct 11, 2013 11:42 am

Skill Rune Drop Rate for Victory Chest

Same as title
I have to know what are the skill rune drop rates for Victory Chests from tank trials cause it seems like they only drop runestones and never, atleast for me, a skill rune. So I'd like to know what are the drop rates for them?
Advertisement

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedOct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: Skill Rune Drop Rate for Victory Chest

Same as title
Tigerjake wrote:
I have to know what are the skill rune drop rates for Victory Chests from tank trials cause it seems like they only drop runestones and never, atleast for me, a skill rune. So I'd like to know what are the drop rates for them?  

They're pretty low. I've had heal run drop once on me since the change, and have seen a few others drop. You can get an idea because there is a system announcement when they drop.

Tigerjake

Rank 0
Tigerjake
PostedOct 11, 2013 2:05 pm
just wish it was higher cause I've gone through 40+ victory chest and still have not gotten a skill rune e.e

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 12, 2013 5:36 am
I agree.
I got my Brutality, Blood, and the healing one before I was level 40 on server 4.
Since I switched to server 1, all I have is Brutality and I'm level 58 doing Tanx everyday.

I've maxed Brutality every time I level and have runestones left over to spare.

Thank Gods for the Rune Extravaganza! I can trade all these spare runestones for *GASP* another Brutality rune that I can trade for more *SHOCK* runestones that I can trade for another Brutality rune that I can trade for runestones, and so on and so forth, lol!

They changed the chances of getting a skill rune from very hi to very low...maybe they could change it to somewhere in the middle? Please? =)

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedOct 12, 2013 11:32 am
evilbeast wrote:

Thank Gods for the Rune Extravaganza! I can trade all these spare runestones for *GASP* another Brutality rune that I can trade for more *SHOCK* runestones that I can trade for another Brutality rune that I can trade for runestones, and so on and so forth, lol!

The reason Brutality Rune is in the exchange is because it cannot be acquired anywhere else. For the people earlier on after the runes were changed a second time, there was a bug for a short period of time where people didn't get a Brutality Rune at 35. That part of the Rune Extravaganza is there just for them so that they could acquire their Brutality Rune.

shigeru_azuma16

Rank 0
PostedOct 13, 2013 10:37 pm
So the rate changed since there was a bug on the quest. That's a pretty drastic change for a bug like that. Wouldn't it be better to restore the previous rate or at the very least have the exchange item rotate between types..? The runestones take up space, specially on the long run of not finding another rune skill. If the solution is to spend them all in the exchange then that sounds a little counter productive.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedOct 14, 2013 3:35 am
shigeru_azuma16 wrote:
So the rate changed since there was a bug on the quest. That's a pretty drastic change for a bug like that. Wouldn't it be better to restore the previous rate or at the very least have the exchange item rotate between types..? The runestones take up space, specially on the long run of not finding another rune skill. If the solution is to spend them all in the exchange then that sounds a little counter productive.  

No, the rate did not change because there was a bug. The rate changed because they changed how tank rewards worked altogether. As the last comment before yours said quite clearly, the reason brutality is in exchange in hot events is because there was a bug.

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 14, 2013 5:40 am
So...if the bug happened for a short period of time, isn't it safe to assume all those who didn't have Brutality have them now? Or is it that the Brutality skillrune is still missing from the Tanx prize pack.
A far as how tank rewards are working, seems to me there's a shortage of ALL the skillrunes in there.
It be nice if they could offer other skillrunes in Hot Events besides Brute in exchange for all the unusable rune stones that are piling up in everyones inventory that have characters above level 35.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedOct 14, 2013 6:07 am
The bug is now fixed, however the exchange usually extends beyond the fix date of a bug to allow those affected time to take action and get the rune. The actual bug was that the tank quest at level 35 gave most of us the brutality rune. For a short period, that quest did not include the brutality rune, which was a bug. The exchange ends on the 3rd November, which is plenty of time for those affected to get that starter rune.

With regard to the remaining runes, the only other runes obtainable as a drop from tanks is Blood and Heal runes (same as before). The reason the drop rate was decreased so much is because, for those who have those runes, the rune packs with the rune stones provides a lot more rune exp than what a type-specific rune does. I appreciate that is not much condolence for those waiting on their second rune, but once you get it, you will be grateful of not being landed with another of the same type any time soon.

evilbeast

Rank 3
evilbeast
PostedOct 14, 2013 6:33 am
Thanks Rollar, that cleared it up a lot and my blood pressure has leveled off, lol!

*waits impatiently for second rune, making voodoo dolls for butthurt people who leave tanks early and force me to take a Failure Chest*

Gotta pass the time somehow. xD