Shakedasbooty

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2013 9:08 am

Damage increase is not shown when adding skill points

I try and create a build but the damage points do not change. It does not matter how many points I place in a skill, the damage still reads at level 1.

(note: even though the character level changes as I put in skill points the damage does not increase)
Advertisement

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 28, 2013 1:17 pm
v1.24
[Performance] Moved JS/CSS files to CDN
[Performance] Gzipped JS/CSS files
[Design] Active and Passive Backgrounds appear side by side again

*It will still say 1.23 in the log.

My newer simulators have all their data done by spreadsheets and are put on my google docs for people to make updates on it. Then the simulator is updated. This has been a great help for me as I can just go on there and grab the new info and then take a couple seconds to update the simulator.

The SB simulator however, I did not write up the data in a spreadsheet like all the others. I wrote that data in the simulator js file. Therefore, I have to have to manually go in and make a spreadsheet with all this data.

=======================

I will add the google docs spreadsheet in the near future. No date set. Same thing with simulator issues.

asterelle

Rank 0
PostedMay 28, 2013 4:32 pm
There are some significant usability problems with this simulator:

To see the skill you must hover over the icon and wait for the tooltip fade-in animation to begin and then wait for it to complete so it is readable.
To upgrade the skill you have to click on the + / - controls located under the skill icon.
If the tooltip is in the "down orientation" it is covering the +/- controls though you won't be able to click on them and the tooltip won't fade out.
You have to move your cursor away from the icon and wait for the tooltip to do the fade away animation so you can click the +/-
After you click the +/- the stats are changed but you can't see them unless you move the cursor again to the icon and wait for the fade in animation to do it's thing.
If you want to see what actually changed between the two levels you have to have a good memory because you're never able to look at the skill as you navigate the levels of the skill.

Proposed Fix:
Make the skill description a static element in the nearly empty passive skills window (make that window shorter and put a new window under it titled "Selected Skill" or something).
Clicking on a skill icon will highlight/select that skill and load the skill description into that window.

This will allow people to navigate the skills much easier.

sueikeok

Rank 0
PostedOct 11, 2013 1:57 am
I got an issue with this simulator. It cant realy fully load. Any could advice on how to make it load? Thanks in advanced.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedOct 12, 2013 9:02 pm
After a long hiatus, I am back to working on my hobby which is working on web apps for gamers and my site. Did you miss me? Anyways, I'll post my business and move along.

================
Updates

I had to make some major updates to the site since it was months since I last updated it. The only noteworthy changes one would notice is :

The simulator URL changed. It will automatically convert the old urls to new and so on so no worries there.

The site is now responsive meaning it will change according to your screen size. However, the simulators are only created for desktop users so if you're using any screen resolution of 1180px width or less, the simulator may either get cut off to where you can't see it or some things may appear in a vertical line. Though for the SB simulator, both the active and passive skills won't appear on the same line despite that.

=================
Issues

There shouldn't of been any issues brought upon this update. All old build URLs should still work even though jQuery was updated to the latest version and the simulator code is using outdated/improper code due to certain things being phased out in jQuery. All simulators on the site should of stopped functioning, but they didn't so I'm not going to bother with updating it until I make a actual update to the simulator.

I tested the simulator with the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. No issues.

=================

What about this simulator?

I have no plans on updating it anytime soon. I will be working on a new project for the time being. That project actually deals with another Aeriagames game actually though in case you are wondering (Aura Kingdom).

So this project is not dead, but its not active either. I can't really give dates on when I will start on this simulator again either, but if you want me to throw a wild number out there, probably sometime in 2014. Once again, a date I threw out there. Doesn't mean a thing.

sueikeok

Rank 0
PostedOct 13, 2013 1:09 am
Oh so it works on desktop resolution. That explain it. Thanks

enkephalin07

Rank 0
PostedOct 13, 2013 7:46 pm
The cooldown for Eternal Suffering (1st tier WH skill) comes down by .5 sec each rank after the first. This probably bears confirmation since I haven't raised it this high yet, but it looks like when the debuff reaches 11.5 duration, it should have a 12.5sec cooldown.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 02, 2014 8:29 pm
Hmmm.....................its been a LONG time LOL. Anyone think I should upgrade this simulator to look something like my latest work shown here?

Aura Kingdom Simulator - Random Build

It would probably have the following:

Character stats - Enter in your stats. May be used for other parts of the simulator like damage calculation of skills

General info - Like AKCS NT, SBCS NT would have things like character name, server, guild, etc

New look - It would mimic the interface of AKCS NT, but would be modified to fit Scarlet blade.

New Framework - The code behind it would be based off AKCS NT with new enhancements and/or additions. The Skill simulator I built for Scarlet blade was what I consider a simulator I built back in my noobie days. Its very outdated.

New stuff - I would separate the amount of skill points you get per level and ones you get from quests. You would be able to select the amount of SPs you have from quests and puzzles through a dropdown list. So Puzzle SP and Quest SP.

Cons

I would have to build the simulator as a brand new simulator meaning I probably won't be able to upgrade the old one. Its still in the works possibly, but as of right now, thats how it stands.

New thread. They are two completely different simulators.

My time is sucked dry.

Do I really want to do this?

This will be a great investment........on my time. Since I do this stuff for free and I base what I work on by the amount of traffic a certain game gets, does anyone want this done and would actually use it? Just post if so.

The reason why I'm debating on whether or not I really want to do it is because for some reason, people keep looking at the old simulator and liking it lol. If I had to guess and compare it to my AKCS simulators, the SB simulator overall probably had less likes than my AK simulators, but it wasn't like it was far behind. So I feel that based on the fact that people keep using this that I should upgrade it because the simulator you are using right now is crap in my eyes.

The problems
Someone needs to tell me how many skill points you get per level again. The new simulator would use a new system on how it figures out skill points. This is skill points that you gain per level and not by quests or puzzles. This is pretty high priority.

Someone needs to tell me how to figure out damage calculation again on skills. The simulator can be done without it though so its not something I need asap.

Feel free to add reyvacom to your skype and talk to me if you prefer to do it that way. I do not respond via pms on these forums fyi. I'm pretty lazy at checking that stuff.

shunlanlee

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2014 9:34 pm
Hmm i think you should update SBSS.... total skill pts @44 is 69.

.Reyva.

Rank 1
.Reyva.
PostedMay 04, 2014 10:02 pm
I don't even remember the skill point system which is the problem and how I did it was so ********** that I'm surprised it even worked. I don't even think I could put it in words. The new simulator would fix that however since I would use a new system. Sure at some point (not right now) I would update that old simulator to where at 44 it would be 69 if I can figure that out, but everything else about the simulator would not be worked on. I'm not touching that simulator and its horrible code no matter what.

I'm going to go ahead and work on SBCS NT. You can watch its progress if you want here. However, I do not have a date on completion. If I had to give a ETA, probably a month or less. Right now, I'm just doing the interfaces for it.

Edit: I hate AG forum's word censoring. They changed the line with the *** now with the word brilliant. It wasn't brilliant lol.