Author Message

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
Joined
15 Mar 2008
Posts
4734
Location
United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:13 am
Ignite is faster to switch between games and helps keep your desktop from being cluttered with icons, if you care about such things. It also allows you to switch between game hubs to see news and updates faster than going to each game's home page and allows you to access things like loot chests on games that offer them (GF, EE, SB).

Also ignite also allows for partnered games like RO2, Star Wars and Conan to be accessible to AGE players and, save for Star Wars, to be played with your AGE account and use your AP to use the item mall. It is better for AGE and you to have your game currency all from one site that spread out to different game providers.

Advertisement

Aszune

Rank 4
Aszune
Joined
14 Aug 2009
Posts
3028
Location
Missing the Desert in Dubai Belgium
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:46 am
EquinoxBlade wrote:
i'll try it i guess o.o i lost interest in conan already, why not. >.> like Mark said, waiting for that browser game..  


How can you lose interest in conan x.x

Anyway I'll give this a shot too.

Aszune

Rank 4
Aszune
Joined
14 Aug 2009
Posts
3028
Location
Missing the Desert in Dubai Belgium
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:55 am
jotasnake wrote:


I don't understand why there is so much hate on Aeria Ignite. Right, it had issues when it first came out but its getting better and better. I gotta say that i download AGE games much more quickly thanks to it, it doesn't slow down my machine, i actually like a software to keep everything together. I agree that there should be a few more updates on it so we can actually spend some time on it, as suggested before, a shoutbox application where you can acess the shoutboxes directly on aeria ignite, who knows even a incorporated browser which accesses the AGE website directly, the ability to send rts directly from ignite, etc.

Hopefully they will implement some of those.  


This.

And this:

NecromancerV wrote:
Ignite is faster to switch between games and helps keep your desktop from being cluttered with icons, if you care about such things. It also allows you to switch between game hubs to see news and updates faster than going to each game's home page and allows you to access things like loot chests on games that offer them (GF, EE, SB).

Also ignite also allows for partnered games like RO2, Star Wars and Conan to be accessible to AGE players and, save for Star Wars, to be played with your AGE account and use your AP to use the item mall. It is better for AGE and you to have your game currency all from one site that spread out to different game providers.  


I find this application better than my desktop full of different game icons. Downloads works better for me on ignite. And a hub is always more fun. Think of steam, they have a similar application too.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
Joined
04 Apr 2010
Posts
1756
Location
Deadpool's Basement United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 10:58 am
Aszune wrote:
jotasnake wrote:


I don't understand why there is so much hate on Aeria Ignite. Right, it had issues when it first came out but its getting better and better. I gotta say that i download AGE games much more quickly thanks to it, it doesn't slow down my machine, i actually like a software to keep everything together. I agree that there should be a few more updates on it so we can actually spend some time on it, as suggested before, a shoutbox application where you can acess the shoutboxes directly on aeria ignite, who knows even a incorporated browser which accesses the AGE website directly, the ability to send rts directly from ignite, etc.

Hopefully they will implement some of those.  


This.

And this:

NecromancerV wrote:
Ignite is faster to switch between games and helps keep your desktop from being cluttered with icons, if you care about such things. It also allows you to switch between game hubs to see news and updates faster than going to each game's home page and allows you to access things like loot chests on games that offer them (GF, EE, SB).

Also ignite also allows for partnered games like RO2, Star Wars and Conan to be accessible to AGE players and, save for Star Wars, to be played with your AGE account and use your AP to use the item mall. It is better for AGE and you to have your game currency all from one site that spread out to different game providers.  


I find this application better than my desktop full of different game icons. Downloads works better for me on ignite. And a hub is always more fun. Think of steam, they have a similar application too.
 


Except Steam is actually useful since there are literally hundreds of games. Aeria has a handful. Which leads to my original point of Ignite being a cheap attempt at keeping up with modern gaming applications and missing the mark completely.

Aszune

Rank 4
Aszune
Joined
14 Aug 2009
Posts
3028
Location
Missing the Desert in Dubai Belgium
PostedSep 12, 2013 11:04 am
It's a start. And the 100+ games on Steam is also a minus point for them. Their customer support takes 2-3 weeks to answer a ticket. I like the ability to have an organizational hub for my aeria games, anyway.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
Joined
15 Mar 2008
Posts
4734
Location
United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 11:35 am
Lets not make this thread a discussion on other game portals. ignite may be new but all the games on there are all free to play and many games are exclusives to Aeria and can not be gained anywhere else outside of the Asian market of the developers.

Getting back on topic of RO2. Many people are complaining about this game. Well if you don't like this game there are a lot of other games hosted by AGE that you might like. There are players who do like RO2 and who like the AGE community. So now they can play RO2 with there friends here. No need to hate on the game. It is not like this game is preventing other games from being partnered and/or hosted by AGE.

And on that note if anyone knows of a good game that you think AGE should host please send a ticket to a GM and let them know. AGE is always looking for new games that the community would like.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
Joined
04 Apr 2010
Posts
1756
Location
Deadpool's Basement United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 12:11 pm
NecromancerV wrote:

Getting back on topic of RO2. Many people are complaining about this game. Well if you don't like this game there are a lot of other games hosted by AGE that you might like. There are players who do like RO2 and who like the AGE community. So now they can play RO2 with there friends here. No need to hate on the game. It is not like this game is preventing other games from being partnered and/or hosted by AGE.
 


They're just giving their own thoughts, views, and opinions on a game they've actually played before. We're not forced/required to like every single game Aeria offers us. Jeebus.

Sumaiyah123456

Rank 1
Sumaiyah123456
Joined
27 Jun 2012
Posts
352
Location
hawaly Kuwait
PostedSep 12, 2013 1:30 pm
THANK YOU AERIA GAMES FOR BRINGING THIS GAME I <3 YOU AERIA GAMES Very Happy

LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
Joined
14 Mar 2010
Posts
1230
Location
United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 2:02 pm
I'll give it a shot.

dat1ek9

Rank 1
Joined
04 Jan 2010
Posts
292
Location
United States
PostedSep 12, 2013 3:32 pm   Last edited by dat1ek9 on Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total
is this the same sever as garvity na server or a dif one. reason i ask is bcs i have that on steam and would be pointless to dl this one
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: