GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedSep 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: trying to ruin another game?

fix the old ones 1st?
Boozywench33 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Boozywench33 wrote:
not going to even download this with Aeria`s track record. before publishing another game maybe try fixing the ones you already have?  

Aeria does not develop games.. as such, we are not in a position to fix them. This is something that needs to be done by the publisher, be it Nexon, EA, or in this case, Funcom.  
you have contracts with these developers. you therefore can apply pressure. please dont talk to me like i am an idiot.  

There is only so much Aeria can do, because of the contracts with these other companies.

Aeria.Fenryr wrote:
I have two points that I need to convey:

Listening is not agreeing, and agreeing is not acting

Frequently the phrases "Aeria nevers listens to the community" or "Aeria doesn't care about our opinions" rear their ugly heads on the forums. I will say this as plainly as I can: We are always listening and are always watching.

That being said, just because we hear the feedback from the community doesn't always mean that we agree with what every single player has to say on the forums or in game. As it stands, players don't agree with everything players have to say (look at the suggested solutions in this thread and the players who disagree with said solutions). That is not to say that we always disagree with what players have to say, actually quite the opposite. There is a large percentage of the community that shares our opinions on many game related topics. At this point we've heard the community and even agree with what some of the players have to say. Just because this is the case does not mean that we can instantly do as we please. We do not have a magic "change the game" switch in our office. This leads me into my last point:

Aeria is the Publisher of Grand Fantasia, not the Developer.

What does this mean? We run the in game events, handle the "Contact Us" tickets, run the promotions and handle the website and forums among a few other tasks. We do not control the release schedule of content, cannot release content at will, and do not control what we do and don't get in a patch.

We do have the ability to voice our concerns over specific content, but that doesn't mean we can always prevent it from getting added to our version. We have to pick and choose our battles so that when we do ask for content to be removed, the Developer listens. We were able to keep the Dungeon Exp nerf (an update that reduced ALL dungeon monster Exp by 25-50%), and the cap on dungeons out of our version. When they were stealth added, we had them removed.

-- Source

Advertisement

hamishmctavish

Rank 0
PostedSep 12, 2013 8:08 am

fix the old ones 1st?
Giovanna_X wrote:
Boozywench33 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Boozywench33 wrote:
not going to even download this with Aeria`s track record. before publishing another game maybe try fixing the ones you already have?  

Aeria does not develop games.. as such, we are not in a position to fix them. This is something that needs to be done by the publisher, be it Nexon, EA, or in this case, Funcom.  
you have contracts with these developers. you therefore can apply pressure. please dont talk to me like i am an idiot.  

There is only so much Aeria can do, because of the contracts with these other companies.

Aeria.Fenryr wrote:
I have two points that I need to convey:

Listening is not agreeing, and agreeing is not acting

Frequently the phrases "Aeria nevers listens to the community" or "Aeria doesn't care about our opinions" rear their ugly heads on the forums. I will say this as plainly as I can: We are always listening and are always watching.

That being said, just because we hear the feedback from the community doesn't always mean that we agree with what every single player has to say on the forums or in game. As it stands, players don't agree with everything players have to say (look at the suggested solutions in this thread and the players who disagree with said solutions). That is not to say that we always disagree with what players have to say, actually quite the opposite. There is a large percentage of the community that shares our opinions on many game related topics. At this point we've heard the community and even agree with what some of the players have to say. Just because this is the case does not mean that we can instantly do as we please. We do not have a magic "change the game" switch in our office. This leads me into my last point:

Aeria is the Publisher of Grand Fantasia, not the Developer.

What does this mean? We run the in game events, handle the "Contact Us" tickets, run the promotions and handle the website and forums among a few other tasks. We do not control the release schedule of content, cannot release content at will, and do not control what we do and don't get in a patch.

We do have the ability to voice our concerns over specific content, but that doesn't mean we can always prevent it from getting added to our version. We have to pick and choose our battles so that when we do ask for content to be removed, the Developer listens. We were able to keep the Dungeon Exp nerf (an update that reduced ALL dungeon monster Exp by 25-50%), and the cap on dungeons out of our version. When they were stealth added, we had them removed.

-- Source  
Aeria must have terrible contract managers in that case. Not being able to get simple spelling mistakes and descriptions fixed after 4-5 years in a game...

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedSep 12, 2013 8:19 am

fix the old ones 1st?
hamishmctavish wrote:

Aeria must have terrible contract managers in that case. Not being able to get simple spelling mistakes and descriptions fixed after 4-5 years in a game...  

Spelling mistakes? Please report them.

We pass all bug reports to the developer, but the prioritize based on urgency.. Like server crashes. We would prefer to have that fixed first. We have lost several games our players enjoyed, because he developer would not address basic issues.

You have to remember, that the games are THEIR (the developers) products. We just provide users and monitization for them. We will happily report any problems that we find, but they do not always fix them as we would like.

We provide services to both consumers (providing games) and developers (providing players). If everything works out as intended, players get the games that they want, and the developers get the players that they want.

Aszune

Rank 4
Aszune
PostedSep 14, 2013 9:47 am
I must say that this game has impressed me in a real other way. It's far different from the other games on Aeria I've played, and the developpers have really held several factors such as realism and terrain bugs into account.

By the way, what's cooler than building your own guild cities?

rhedewaykhe

Rank 0
rhedewaykhe
PostedSep 14, 2013 1:21 pm
Aszune wrote:

Building your own city from the ground up in a mash up game of RTS, TPS, RPG and city builder genres with depth so deep you could fall in it and never hit the ground. No game has ever come close to such epicness and no game ever will.

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedSep 14, 2013 6:37 pm
rhedewaykhe wrote:
Aszune wrote:

Building your own city from the ground up in a mash up game of RTS, TPS, RPG and city builder genres with depth so deep you could fall in it and never hit the ground. No game has ever come close to such epicness and no game ever will.  

Maybe o.o Maybe not *plays Golden Age*

rhedewaykhe

Rank 0
rhedewaykhe
PostedSep 14, 2013 7:43 pm
EquinoxBlade wrote:
rhedewaykhe wrote:
Aszune wrote:

I hope you don't think Golden Age comes close to being such a legendary game. Because if so you certainly live in a tiny world.

EquinoxBlade

Rank 2
EquinoxBlade
PostedSep 14, 2013 7:49 pm
rhedewaykhe wrote:
EquinoxBlade wrote:
rhedewaykhe wrote:
Aszune wrote:

I hope you don't think Golden Age comes close to being such a legendary game. Because if so you certainly live in a tiny world.  

Never said it was legendary xD As you pointed out, no game is. I choose to play the game knowing it will have faults. All games do. If you focus only on the problems of a game, you'll never find one you enjoy playing. \o.o\ So I shall play in my small world, for it makes me happy. And that is the point of a game. ^-^