I've been lazy and neglecting my pet but I want to change
Before I decide what to do with my pet, there are a couple of questions I have:
- Can datachips ever be removed and used again? Let's say I give Madfly a datachip, but later get Derpy, can I take the datachip from Madfly and give it to Derpy or is the datachip stuck to Madfly forever? If it can't be taken out to be reused, can it at least be overwritten?
- Is it ever possible to get tradeable versions of pets/datachips? I've never seen any on the Consignment Shop or being offered in chat.
- How much better are higher level datachips than L1 datachips and how many datachip levels are there?
1) Yes. You have to summon your petout, then hit y. Click and drag the chips out of the slots back into your AP tab of your inventory.
2) The Locked Item section of the Auction House contains Pet Datachips. However, make sure you get the ones you want; once you purchase, you cannot use it till you unlock it, and if you unlock it, you can no longer move the item from your character. It's like removing the package of a mail order; you can't use it until you take it out, but once you do, you can't give it to anyone else.
3) As of now there are no higher leveled pet datachips; however, there should be some in the future, as evidenced by the pet datachip synthesis npc in bitterstone base.