1 (Poor)
58%285 Votes
Total Votes :: 488 Votes

faely

Rank 4
faely
PostedAug 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Generalized, not game specific.

I would be embarrassed having website issues for as long as these have been allowed to continue. As a business manager I would have either demanded competency from the current web host or found a new one.

Keep an eye on your production staff. Follow up on their work too. PM events never getting paid out, something wrong with at least one tier nearly every week...still. Proofreading anyone? AP items and tiers should relate to the in-game economies.

A lot of the games are constantly crashing. Many many games are grown too fast and then require a server merge. Slow down.

Choose better developing companies to work with, or get better contract negotiators. I don't know why Aeria consistently chooses games where they have (according to the Staff) next to no say in what goes on. Choose games that are already the way you want them to be, so you don't have to deal with bugs as if every game was still in beta when you change something.

Aeria lacks consistency between its staff and its printed rules. Aeria clearly lays out that hackers will be punished, but that depends on the GM. Look how many games (nearly all) are overrun with hackers and exploiters. The community doesn't want to play around those kind of people. Aeria's 'any player is a player' mindset is not conducive to keeping long term loyal players happy and buying. Some things should be company-wide standards, not up individual GM's discretion, because some of them have none.

There are some GM's and PM's that really do care about their product and players. The community sees this. There are some that don't care at all, and this is glaringly obvious by the lack of control in certain areas. The GM's that care are truly a redeeming quality and why I rated a 2 despite the negatives listed above.

Game specific - much improvement in communication and GM presence in LC. ♥ LC GM Staff
Advertisement

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedAug 26, 2013 4:44 am
I forgot:

Broken Shout Box and random website logout still not fixed. The former is admittedly a recent problem, but the latter has been left unattended for well over a year, which would be a disgrace for any serious online operator. I can only assume due to the lack of the fixing of that, Aeria has opted not to be a serious operator, sacrificing that for spending as little money as absolutely possible while ignoring its public image.

As for the broken Shout Box, remember that it is a means for not only GMs and PMs, but also players, to distribute information to the community in times of extraordinary circumstances, latest of such being the last week in Shaiya. The broken Shout Box greatly hampers correct information being passed on rapidly to the those who have got things wrong and are all too happy to concoct conspiracy theories given not just the state of the game but, surprise, the Shout Box, too.

Your website and your forums is your outside projection of your company to its users, Aeria. No matter if the majority of AP related things on the website work more or less like a charm, even the slightest change of TEXT on the various game homepages take ages to carry out (unless it is AP related, that much is painfully obvious), which suggests your web team is seriously understaffed and thus incapable of doing a proper job for the company, much less fixing the Shout Box and the logouts. Disgraceful.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

hamishmctavish

Rank 0
PostedAug 26, 2013 6:19 am   Last edited by hamishmctavish on Aug 26, 2013 7:44 am. Edited 1 time in total
billdoor wrote:
2 - Increasingly draconian forum moderation, including belittling and denigration of players (and deliberate misinterpretation of posts), as well as banning people for "harassment" for making innocent, if redundant, posts (like telling people in one forum section where the information about the removal of the AP rebates can be found). It would appear there's a new policy maker in Moderating Town, and he/she/they are not doing Aeria's reputation any favours.  
I agree totaly. I have lost count of the amount of times this particular GM has broken the forum rules for harassment. Also they have quoted Adolf Hitler to try and win an argument they started on the forums. Is this really the image Aeria wants to portray of itself? The offending posts get locked then deleted but there is never an appology, just a cover up of this bad behavior. Evil or Very Mad

gamesruud2

Rank 5
gamesruud2
PostedAug 26, 2013 6:57 am
1, I mostly care about AVA, and if I could I would give a 0. No need for further reasons. Just go to AVA forum and see whats it all about...

Rplay Signature made by .Anapshock

LosinMyHope

Rank 0
LosinMyHope
Wishing to visit Dalas for BFF ♥ United States
PostedAug 26, 2013 7:39 am

Reason 1 :

Bans are not going to be discussed on forums i know but i'll discuss them NOW and HERE.
First of all , I've been tricked. GMPaladin knows everything. He started taking action & Then stopped.
We've been sending each other message and after a few days , He stopped responding to my PM. I've been tricked in skype , I know something that aeria never accept proofs from skype,fb,twitter, Or from any site that is not in aeria games. Well , Alright.
I was surprised when GMPaladin asked for proofs from skype. I knew that he won't believe them becuz aeria doesn't believe in pictures that has been taken away from "Aeria Games Site". With all that , He stopped respoding to my messages , My account has been banned for i guess 2 weeks or 3 weeks. I am xHiqH. .

Reason 2 :

WolfTeam. You killed it. Ops i meant "Vifner" Who killed it. Yea sure , 70K AP tired spenders. All WolfTeam members disliked these stupid tired spenders and you kept doing tired spenders like each other.
Before some time , We had to spend OVER 10K AP to get PERM CHARS. Now , We must spend 70k AP TO GET A PERM CHAR??? 50K AP TO GET A CHAR 30DAYS??!?!!?
There's a limit for everything. But for Vifner , There's no limit.
Well , He started making a little tired spenders but these tired spenders still suck.

Reason 3 :

The weapons in WolfTeam. YES THE WEAPONS!!.
AAA GL ? UZAS ? SPRAY WEAPONS? MORE PLEASE.

Thanks for killing WolfTeam , My Account.

Much appreciated dear Aeria!

I should've moved to softnyx but the problem is in their games they have a bad fonts which is sucky. Your font is better. And ofcourse i won't ever forget my friends in here that's why.

Best regards for you for killing "WolfTeam , My Account , Your Members".

Oh i forgot to talk about members.

Your members are leaving you for your : Sucky tired spenders , Hackers , Banning innocent people & Not caring for hackers.

Why people are so racist these days?

MrP4ra

Rank 0
MrP4ra
PostedAug 26, 2013 7:42 am
1 - even too high for Aeria.

Becouse of destroying AVA

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedAug 26, 2013 8:19 am
hamishmctavish wrote:
Also they have quoted Adolf Hitler to try and win an argument they started on the forums.  

In all fairness, if you are referring to a certain episode on the Shaiya forums, that happened well over a year ago and is not really relevant anymore. And I think you got the details SLIGHTLY wrong about what was said. As far as I know, none of the sort has happened since. Better to focus on the current issues.

LosinMyHope wrote:
I've been tricked in skype , I know something that aeria never accept proofs from skype,fb,twitter, Or from any site that is not in aeria games. Well , Alright.
I was surprised when GMPaladin asked for proofs from skype.  

Actually, proof from parties not directly related to Aeria might be considered. This depends entirely on the case and the evidence (and its relation to what Aeria normally might consider acceptable proof). This is not a common thing, but not unheard of.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedAug 26, 2013 9:37 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
Oberonu wrote:
forums broken, games broken, login servers broken, people lagging in sf2, sb broken. IS there anything not broken atm that needs to be broken by trying to fix it? Sad I really feel it's becoming an old saying about aeria that disappeared for a few months, "If it's not broken, let's fix it!" Also games repeat each other, nothing unique or intriguing. Lime Odyssey, 2 years later, status still unknown. lol

At least friendly gm's and gs if you ever see any of them in a game, in the forums, in the sb, and such. Aeria feels like lost investments as it stands... Sad I hope things get better, I am really worried about aeria's future.  

Hey thanks for summing things up for me :3  

I hope that's a good thing.

faely wrote:

Generalized, not game specific.

I would be embarrassed having website issues for as long as these have been allowed to continue. As a business manager I would have either demanded competency from the current web host or found a new one.

Keep an eye on your production staff. Follow up on their work too. PM events never getting paid out, something wrong with at least one tier nearly every week...still. Proofreading anyone? AP items and tiers should relate to the in-game economies.

A lot of the games are constantly crashing. Many many games are grown too fast and then require a server merge. Slow down.

Choose better developing companies to work with, or get better contract negotiators. I don't know why Aeria consistently chooses games where they have (according to the Staff) next to no say in what goes on. Choose games that are already the way you want them to be, so you don't have to deal with bugs as if every game was still in beta when you change something.

Aeria lacks consistency between its staff and its printed rules. Aeria clearly lays out that hackers will be punished, but that depends on the GM. Look how many games (nearly all) are overrun with hackers and exploiters. The community doesn't want to play around those kind of people. Aeria's 'any player is a player' mindset is not conducive to keeping long term loyal players happy and buying. Some things should be company-wide standards, not up individual GM's discretion, because some of them have none.

There are some GM's and PM's that really do care about their product and players. The community sees this. There are some that don't care at all, and this is glaringly obvious by the lack of control in certain areas. The GM's that care are truly a redeeming quality and why I rated a 2 despite the negatives listed above.

Game specific - much improvement in communication and GM presence in LC. ♥ LC GM Staff

I've been complaining about the inconsistency for some time, not sure if anything will ever be done about it though. It seems now the players are out there looking for games which could be good partners for aeria since it feels aeria's not. You could join in the hunt for the next good aeria partner developer and convince them to talk to aeria about partnering with them as a game host/hub. But for the most part, I agree with your statements.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

natascha1977

Rank 4
natascha1977
PostedAug 26, 2013 10:10 am
1. Shaiya

Forum = broke
Shoutbox = Broke
Game = Broke
Game is science fiction now instead of fantacy = a joke
Rebates gone = redonculous. [worse then rediculous]

The 124.999AP is HORRIBLE. What half bleeping bleep spends that much? Are you for real?

You think 30k isnt enough thats about 250 Euro = 334$ - you count that to 124k Ap.

You mad? Are people allowed to have a job and actually have something left?
Its a GAME - not a job/lifelyhood. Who makes these things - its abserd!

Hackers ahoy = sad to know a company with so much profit feels it takes ages to fix this. Do like last time and shut it down for 7 days and get it working. [yes i was there when that hacker was here and he posted how he did it too and yeah i made a ss of that post before it was deleted all them years ago]

And to top it the redonculous perma crr that supposingly are NT and thats making allot sense [NOT] cause you can move em to other accounts. So contradicting. Not to mention that anyone sane wouldnt use a perma PED simply cause once they 80 they wont need it anymore so they pretty for ever and always on display on your pretty screen.

Other then that my collegue Bildoor basically wrote down my opinions already.

wow - in 6 years never been so meh meh.

GREEDY people. GREEDY. seriously sad and pathetic.

Emilia789

Rank 2
Emilia789
PostedAug 26, 2013 10:19 am
I gave 3 just because there are periods of up's aswell as periods of down's